Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
A Look at the (Modern) Masters: Dok 02/20/13

THE CUSTOMS FEATURED IN THIS THREAD ARE NOT MY OWN.

I was reading through an old thread from Karkadin and it got me thinking about the state of customs in HS.

We don't see the caliber of customs these guys used to put out as often anymore. We definitely don’t see the artistry that some of these guys put into not only their units but also into their cards.

I thought it would be fun to look at these customs creators and maybe be inspired to push further in our endeavor for excellent customs rather than just settling for good, or even really good , customs.

Most of the creators that will appear in this thread are people with the Master Customs Creator title but not all of them. I will go down my list in alphabetical order.

EDIT
I thought I would revive this thread for a limited time. There are a few presently active customs creators who, while they may not have the title Master Customs Creator, they are having a great impact on our game and customs community through their customs. They consistently are turning out units that either fit seamlessly with the game and its canon, or the units they create, while maybe not being a seamless fit, display a creativity and attention to detail that, I think makes them worthy to be included in this thread (and since this is my thread, that is all that matters )

Anyhow, on to the customs creators. As if you didn't know who the first customs creator would be, I present to you...

dok
The impact dok has had on the game with his customs is obvious for anyone who follows the Valhalla Customs project (formerly SoV/C3V). Several units of dok's have been inducted into the SoV and, as a designer for C3V he obviously has had an impact on the game there as well.

Dok's customs usually display a great simplicity combined with a need for well thought out strategic play (as a former SoV judge, I always enjoyed that when playtesting dok's units). That is an elusive combination that is hard to get just right. His units also usually fit well within the HS canon.

If you want units that look like they came from Hasbro, look to dok.

Let's start with some of dok's SoV units. Since you can read the SoV judges' reviews, I won't say much about these units...

First up, my favorite SoV unit of dok's. This was great fun to playtest. To see what the SoV judges had to say about this guy, click here.

dok has a couple of SoV offerings for you sci-fi fans out there...
The Zettian Infantry

and the Hoplitron (officially inducted just a few days ago; one of the reasons for the limited revival of this thread)

You can read the SoV judge reviews on these units in the SoV Nominations and Discussions thread (there was no post conveniently grouping a link to all the reviews )

Here are some of dok's other contributions to the customs community...

While definitely a departure from the norm as far as mechanics go, I love how these guys interact with the Templar Cavalry and the Dismounted Knight power is a fun concept and use of the knight figures.

Commander M11. This is from dok's Mariedians series of units. I love the mini choice and I also like that Cover Fire offers synergy without resorting to the over-used squad/hero bonding.

dok's other classic customs can be found here and his D&D customs can be found here

Netherspirit
Spoiler Alert!

LordRaidor
Spoiler Alert!

Grungebob
Spoiler Alert!

InfinityMax
Spoiler Alert!

Aratak
Spoiler Alert!

Silverstoner
Spoiler Alert!

PochoMan
Spoiler Alert!

LilNewbie
Spoiler Alert!

Karkadinn
Spoiler Alert!

justjohn
Spoiler Alert!

Euryon
Spoiler Alert!

Hex_Enduction_Hour
Spoiler Alert!

Doc Savage
Spoiler Alert!

CupidsArt
Spoiler Alert!

Atmospro
Spoiler Alert!

Annerios
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lamaclown; November 19th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: A Look at the Masters: Atmospro 01/13/10

Next up: Atmospro
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM

Re: A Look at the Masters: CupidsArt 01/18/10

Up next: CupidsArt
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM

Re: A Look at the Masters: Doc Savage 01/21/10

Next up: Doc Savage
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM

Re: A Look at the Masters: Hex_Enduction_Hour 01/25/10

Next up: Hex_Enduction_Hour
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:06 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Those were the days.....
Old January 27th, 2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Those were the days.....
I wish I had been around back then. It would have been great to have had their constuctive input for my customs. It is definitely a loss for the customs community.

Also, I added a link to the post by Karkadinn that caused me to start this thread.
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Re: A Look at the Masters: Euryon 01/28/10

Next up: Euryon (yeah, I know... I got out of alphabetical order )
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM

Re: A Look at the Masters: justjohn 02/01/10

Next up: justjohn
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I love JustJohn's Sisters of the Sai, probally one of my favorite customs I have from this site.

It's nice to see the Greats get some acknowledgment.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Thanks for showing us all these great Customs lamaclown! I wish I had played Herocape earlier, so I could have seen these guys make some awesome Customs. Another Scaper that could deserve acknowledgment is Chinaboy. I read in the Codex about him, and he Started the Gift of magic system, "witch" is awesome.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hadn't seen a lot of those cards. When I've worked on customs, I always tried to make them look official. These cards have taught me that "official looking" isn't always as much fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards