Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
justjohn's Customs: Desius, The Fallen. New! (08/21)

HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

*if for some chance, you get an "X" instead of a picture, just right click "show picture" and it will load.

Customs using Dungeons and Dragons figures:

Customs using StarWars figures:

Customs using DreamBlade figures:

Customs using MageKnight figures:

Her Temperaments:

And the Temperament card backs:

Customs that were Prizes, Gifts, and/or Repaints:

Old May 20th, 2006, 07:47 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
This is a neat idea. How do you bring them into play? Do you buy them when you create your army? (In that case, they should have a cost value.) Are they placed as part of terrain? Can they be destroyed by your opponent? When you paint the minis, consider damaging them before painting them: broken weapon, missing leg, bullet nicks - knida like the ruins. Doing some in stone and some in metal colors would be neat too. Then you could age the paint job with a patina.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Hey JustJohn: very cool ideas! I like the way the idols affect all figures under control by one general and can only be used if all figures follow that general. I had the same concerns as RobWeaver especially about the point cost. Since they have life I imagine they are placed on the board as a figure though more easily destroyed than normal since they only have 1 life =P

I imagine some fun scenarios can be made around these idols. Either steal the idol or destroy the idol missions would be fun. Or they could be placed into a dungeon as an item in Grungebob's Dungeonscape. =)

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:07 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Hey, thanks for the fb, guys!

I had intended them to be regular units in all respects, aside from their lack of ability to do anything. Does that make sense?

They lack cost since each general has access to these, the only "cost" is that the entire army has to follow the same general.

-jj

smallboxgames.com
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:44 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I still think a cost of some kind would be better since the idols affect all figures in an army which makes them pretty powerful. Just my 2 cents.

By the way do you have an idol for Einar in the works? He's probably jealous by now and gathering his army to march on your home, ready to demand an idol to call his own =P

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM
Master Custom Creator

The idol for Einar is up there, it's just a link instead of a thumb for some reason. If you click the link in the middle of the thumbs, you'll find Einar's Idol.

By the way, the Idol's affect ALL units that follow the general, even your opponent's. So you could, in truth, build an army that takes advantage of your enemy's Idol.

-jj

smallboxgames.com
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:54 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Cool idea.

I think that they should have a cost too. My reasoning:

When drafting armies on the spot, it won't matter. You each choose a different general.

Say you have a prebuilt army (Ullar). Your opponent brings an army that is only Ullar. It doesn't hurt you point wise if you choose not to play with the idol.

Now say you have the same army and your opponent brings an army that is only Utgar. You get a great advantage at no cost for the idol.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Master Custom Creator

I redid the Idols into a new form-Avatars. They are in the first post.

Enjoy!

-jj

smallboxgames.com
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM
ultradoug

I really like how each one matches the "flavor" of the army they follow this is cool. They have slightly difernt mechanics for how long they stay attached and some restirct things when applyed. This is really neat idea. I like it.
Old May 24th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
will their be a figure to stand as the idol

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
I think I understand what you are going for. Does the fig get to act as normal when the avatar is destroyed. If so, you could swap an avatar fig for the chosen's fig when the avatar is destroyed. This way your opponent must decide if he really wants to try to get to the rear of your lines to destroy the avatar and then have to deal with the chosen.

I think this idea might work better than the last. Still a great idea.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Master Custom Creator

Thanks for the fb guys.

To clarify, let me offer a situation:

You draft Alistar, Avatar of Defiance, and all Jandar squads/heroes.

Before the first round, Alistar's card is replaced with the Avatar's card. Alastir's figure becomes/represents the Avatar. Alastir is no longer Alastir. Whenever the avatar recieves a wound, that card is destroyed (it has 1 life) and Alastir becomes Alastir again. Does that make sense?

-jj

smallboxgames.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards