Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape

Daydreaming a bit, but I wonder how this would work out:

"If Wolverine would receive more than one wound from a single attack, Wolverine receives one less wound from that attack."
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm already on the second page!? You people are relentless! I had no idea this forum was so active!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

"If Wolverine would receive more than one wound from a single attack, Wolverine receives one less wound from that attack."
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Eclipse has a good point. I'm sure that would come up in gameplay; him just being impossible to kill.

Maybe what I need to do is up it from "one shield defense" to something like "two shield defense", or 3? Or say if he rolls all shields, he blocks all damage???
I'd argue maybe you've got the wrong thematic angle in mind. When I picture Wolverine, I think more of a guy who can take lots of little swipes so to take down you have to display an overwhelming force. If you want to knock him out you have to hit him point blank with a full power sentinel blast, rip him into little pieces, or set him in the middle of a nuclear blast. Anything else is just a waste of time.

I think that's the problem with any variation of one shield defense on the guy. One shield defense says "I don't care if Galactus just punched me in the face, what else you got?" The size of the hit doesn't matter, they can take it, crack their neck and keep going.

I think what you want to go with is actually Tough. Tough says "you think those twigs are going to slow me down?" and lets a guy ignore a whole bunch of little hits, but does little to nothing against a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet. I think you might find Tough more in line with the character personally. I also think I just talked myself into added tough to my version of the guy.
I like your Tough suggestion a lot better, and I agree with it. Would giving him 'double' tough be too strong? (2 automatic shields with, say, 2 Defense?)
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm already on the second page!? You people are relentless! I had no idea this forum was so active!

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Eclipse has a good point. I'm sure that would come up in gameplay; him just being impossible to kill.

Maybe what I need to do is up it from "one shield defense" to something like "two shield defense", or 3? Or say if he rolls all shields, he blocks all damage???
I'd argue maybe you've got the wrong thematic angle in mind. When I picture Wolverine, I think more of a guy who can take lots of little swipes so to take down you have to display an overwhelming force. If you want to knock him out you have to hit him point blank with a full power sentinel blast, rip him into little pieces, or set him in the middle of a nuclear blast. Anything else is just a waste of time.

I think that's the problem with any variation of one shield defense on the guy. One shield defense says "I don't care if Galactus just punched me in the face, what else you got?" The size of the hit doesn't matter, they can take it, crack their neck and keep going.

I think what you want to go with is actually Tough. Tough says "you think those twigs are going to slow me down?" and lets a guy ignore a whole bunch of little hits, but does little to nothing against a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet. I think you might find Tough more in line with the character personally. I also think I just talked myself into added tough to my version of the guy.
I like your Tough suggestion a lot better, and I agree with it. Would giving him 'double' tough be too strong? (2 automatic shields with, say, 2 Defense?)
You have to be careful with Tough. Double it and you suddenly create units that even with height can't even deal damage to him if they wanted. Add on top of that his defense and you're dealing with a pretty high barrier for even dealing one wound, which he'll heal back in a turn anyway. Honestly, I'm not quite so sure why you're making him all that durable. He heals back from anything, sure, but the guy doesn't shrug off that much damage. High life? Healing? Sure. Able to largely ignore a cosmic blast from the surfer? Definitely not.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I'm gonna try him once with 2 D and 2xTough. You're probably right, though, but I guess more than anything I want him to stand out as more unique.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Eclipse is right. X2 Tough makes him broken against Classic Scape. But if you are only planning to play with Supers, you should be fine for the most part. It is really dependent on you and what you want out of you custom project.
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I second Eclipse's suggestion to avoid doubling Tough. Not only would it be a broken power in Valhallascape, and provide ammunition to those who claim Superscape is incompatible, it's also not all that creative. We can do better than that!
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I would say that this is the most vibrant and active section on the whole site, for my money, and that this section is as exciting and active as it's ever been.
Imagine how active and awesome this forum could be if I hadn't chased off so many people with my elitism!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Imagine how active and awesome this forum could be if I hadn't chased off so many people with my elitism!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IAmBatman again.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM

WOOHOO!! I've got Bishop, Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, and Superman coming this week!

*puts on his thinking cap*
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh boy! That's quite a selection. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM

It's a good day for testing! (I promise I'll do an x-men test later!)

I dropped Wolvie's defense to 1, but tried the double-tough. He was even vs. Cap, then Bats, got smoked by Iron Man and Abomination, but beat down Cyke, Mystique, and 2 squads of Knights with Finn.

So I tried him with normal tough but 3 defense vs Cap, Mystique, and Doom. He started even with Cap, but Cap's high attack gave him the edge. Mystique still got trounced. Doom still tore Wolvie a new one, it just took longer than with Iron Man.

I must bear in mind that in all of these tests I'm taking consecutive turns with Wolvie which hugely helps him. If he was with an army, my opponent might be able to ignore him entirely and take out his support. Or I'd have to interrupt his turns, leaving him vulnerable.

I wonder if he'd still be as dominant with 4 attack instead of 5?

Just for funzies, I tried him against my Sabretooth. True to form, it took forever for one to kill the other but they were evenly matched. It came down to who could get 2-3 good turns in a row (either logan's defense keeping him alive that long, or creed's frenzy giving him uninterrupted turns).
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:30 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I wonder if he'd still be as dominant with 4 attack instead of 5?
Personally, 5 attack is where I feel "heavy-hitter" status begins.

Quote:
Just for funzies, I tried him against my Sabretooth. True to form, it took forever for one to kill the other but they were evenly matched. It came down to who could get 2-3 good turns in a row (either logan's defense keeping him alive that long, or creed's frenzy giving him uninterrupted turns).
That's exactly how I think battles between those two figures should play out - as long, drawn-out slugging matches. Sounds like your designs for these two are pretty successful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations