Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs

I have only a few qualms, all with wording. "Order Marker" is always capitalized. For the Brute Strength all you have to say to prevent confusion is "When attacking with this Ogre Brute, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack with this Ogre Brute, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled." Also, for the Lucky Kinship Power you should say "a figure with a lucky personality." Other than that, great customs! The Mercs should be 60
Points at most.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

You 've got some nice stuff here.

I like Tetticus' Flexible Tactics. It could use a little rewording but I really like the mechanic.
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
I have only a few qualms, all with wording. "Order Marker" is always capitalized. Nice catch. Thanks. For the Brute Strength all you have to say to prevent confusion is "When attacking with this Ogre Brute, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack with this Ogre Brute, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled." I thought about that, and thought it sounded more like it should be two separate powers. However, if the original wording is confusing, I can change it. Also, for the Lucky Kinship Power you should say "a figure with a lucky personality." Right you are. Thanks again. Other than that, great customs! The Mercs should be 60 Points at most. Yeah, I think my dice were on crack the first couple times I played them, because I tried them again today and didn't do nearly as hot as I remembered. I'll be adjusting their point cost in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
You 've got some nice stuff here.

I like Tetticus' Flexible Tactics. It could use a little rewording but I really like the mechanic. It's one of the powers that has given me issues as far as wording goes. As far as the point gets across, it's good for now IMO, but I'm still trying to come up with better wording.
Specific replies in blue and italics. I've never claimed to be a master at wording (well, I don't think so; and if I have, I lied terribly). Thanks for the feedback!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:27 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I am finally getting around to updating this after a few years. I wasn't personally intending on getting too into the custom craze here, just a few designs here or there. But I finally broke down a while ago and bought a bunch of miniatures from other games as there were designs I really wanted to use, as well as themes I personally wanted to add into my personal 'Scape collection (like pirates! and a frog!) and some units to help those I have from ClassicScape that just struggle too much.
And so, having some cards done, I figured I might as well post them here. Partially to share them with the community and hopefully give back where I have already received so much in the form of inspiration. Partially out of pure selfishness - I want to have a place online to get my customs just in case anything happens to my computer.
Anyway, here are my first few cards. One new guy, but mostly proxies of other units I've always wanted but could never find or afford.

Jack the Pale
Jack the Pale is one of my favorite customs I have made. So much that even before I had this mini for him I just used other miniatures from the game with these stats. He is a great assassin to hit your opponent's heroes or pesky squads who won't die. At 60 points he isn't meant to win the game alone, of course, but can throw in those few key wounds to swing it in your favor. He is also super fun in dungeon campaigns and/or armies with Agent Skahen (or my proxy below: Arrow).
Also, yes I realize that the title "the Pale" is used by C3V's Elaria the Pale, but I don't have that custom and am not particularly interested in using it in the future, so Jack is the only pale one in my personal custom universe. And that's how I believe customs are meant to be used, for whatever's best for you personally.

Figure Used: Tooth Gang Knifer (Pathfinder: Legends of Golarion)

Proxy Cards

Spoiler Alert!

And just because I have a personal flair for the theatrical, here is a tease to the next two units I hope to be uploading soon:
In my personal 'scape collection, one faction has always been lacking due to me not owning the right units. Okay, I have a few factions like that, but right now I'm referring to the Soulborgs. My next two customs will be two heroes designed to help these guys along. So wait with great (possible) anticipation for Captain Z12 and Commandant X4!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 05:19 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jack The Pale: Simple yet versatile. Blade Fury + Poison Weapons + Deadly Strike + Height could add up to a lot of damage pretty quickly, but his poor survivability means he won't be around too long to do stuff like that often. I'd like to see what you'd make of the other Tooth Gang figure if you've got him.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 4th, 2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Jack The Pale: Simple yet versatile. Blade Fury + Poison Weapons + Deadly Strike + Height could add up to a lot of damage pretty quickly, but his poor survivability means he won't be around too long to do stuff like that often. I'd like to see what you'd make of the other Tooth Gang figure if you've got him.

~TAF
Yup, that's a good assessment of him. He is for sure a great counter to Feral Trolls, so strong I almost gave him a boost in points. But I figured that alone wasn't worth it because he has been fair to everyone else in my tests.

I almost got the other Tooth Gang figure. It looks sweet. But I ended up not getting it.

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 19th, 2015, 08:06 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 12/19 X4 and Z12!!

Commandant X4 and Captain Z12 are two Soulborgs made to help out the struggling faction - at least at my house. I realize the Soulborg armies are really strong in general, but that's if you have the correct numbers of the right units. As it is with me, I only have a scattering of Soulborgs, so they have always been towards the bottom of the pile. (Of course, units like Q9 and Q10 are always good alone.) This is my personal answer to their need for help. And also a help to Hunters as well.
Commandant X4 was created to kill Mariedians. Designed as a counterpart to the Gladiatrons, X4 follows them, using enhanced scanners to seek out enemies. When resistance is spotted, X4 sounds an alarm that sends its allies seeking cover.

Figure Used: Krath War Droid (Star Wars: Jedi Academy)

Captain Z12 isn't designed for heavy combat, though a wrist-mounted blaster and a back-mounted camouflage projector make it a decent skirmisher. Z12's main purpose, however, is as a help to his superior Majors and others, and does so by skirting across the battlefield, giving help where needed.

Figure Used: Juggernaut War Droid (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

As always, comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism of any kind is always more than welcome! And if you're interested in a short behind-the-scenes of my custom-making process and why these two, particularly X4, ended the way they did, go ahead and look below.
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Teaser for the next unit: I can't have a froggy username without a froggy custom can I?
Old December 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't see X4 on my monitor, something may be wrong with your image.

Z12: A good skirmisher that doesn't waste your order markers. He's good for X17 and Zettains, although soulborgs already have some bonding assistance from Deathcommander Mrk 3 and the Hopiltrons. This guy doesn't clash with them, however, and I think Reactive Camouflage is a really cool idea.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 20th, 2015, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I can't see X4 on my monitor, something may be wrong with your image.
Huh, it's working fine on my computer and iPod. I did try redoing the link and it looks the same to me, but I don't know if it did anything for you or others. Thanks, and let me know!
Quote:
Z12: A good skirmisher that doesn't waste your order markers. He's good for X17 and Zettains, although soulborgs already have some bonding assistance from Deathcommander Mrk 3 and the Hopiltrons. This guy doesn't clash with them, however, and I think Reactive Camouflage is a really cool idea.

~TAF
Yup. And for someone like me who doesn't have the Deathcommander or Hoplitrons Z12 is very useful. I'm glad to hear that about Reactive Camouflage. It's a fun power, even if it doesn't come up too often (it has its moments, but in my experience the times it does kick in there are plenty of other targets for the opponent to choose so it's nowhere near game breaking).

10 Points Under Videos

Old February 11th, 2016, 10:54 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 2/11 - Ribbit Ribbit!!

Well, it's been over a month (life gets crazy), but I'm finally releasing one of my favorite customs that's been sitting and waiting patiently for its turn! Please welcome

Gero Gero Kaeru!!
This little froggy was really a unit I customized to myself. Its play style (and the fact that its a frog) really match my preferences. He's not too strong, but quick and with an elemental attack that will sometimes decimate the opponent. Sometimes not. I like a little swingyness in my games.

Figure Used: Boggard (Pathfinder: Shattered Star)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; March 7th, 2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Next time: Magic frogs are cool. So are space lizards! Right?
Old February 22nd, 2016, 01:43 PM

Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 2/22 - Ryppor!

So Gero Gero (above) was a custom I made for myself. Something I personally found fun and matching my play style. This next guy, I made for my brother.

Ryppor

Ryppor is a standalone hero, and that's just how he likes it. With his Double Assault and Reptiilid Regeneration powers, he is able to tackle his share of enemies on his own and come out victorious. He was originally designed as a bounty hunter (in fact, his powers are obviously based on a Trandoshan from Star Wars), and that theme still comes through in his ability to choose a target and take it down if your opponent doesn't spend resources to fight back.

He was also very tough to balance. I spent a lot more time playtesting him than I anticipated due to his long range and regeneration ability. I ended up having to but some nerfs on him (7 range + normal regeneration (as in Feral Troll) was way OP, for one), but I really like how he came out in the end. He is strong, and with good rolls can still rule the endgame. But focused fire from the opponent will make quick work of him.

Also, giving credit where it's due: Reptiilid Climbing comes straight from C3G's Conan (Cimmerian Climbing). (Pretty sure they'll be okay with me using it. If not let me know.)

Figure Used: Trandoshan Mercenary (Star Wars: Alliance and Empire)

As always, constructive criticism of any kind is welcome! Let me know what you think!

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Next time: His friends have eight legs, but he has two. And wings.
Old February 28th, 2016, 11:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 2/22 - Ryppor!

Ryppor looks like a fun unit. Do the 3 defense and 5 lifes with the Reptilid Regeneration make him a bit hard to kill. Reptilid climbing looks more like he can hop. It looks more like a type of leap than a climb. Other than that, he looks pretty good. I have one of those boggard figures as well. If I didn't already come up with something cool for mine I would use yours.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards