Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Pokemon Heroscape Project

In light of the positive response in cybermacguyver's Pokemon Card thread, found here, I'm going to go ahead and start a Pokemon card project. Here's how I'm thinking it'll go:

Post here if you want to participate, and I'll add you name to the contributors list. THE POKEMON WILL BE ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS. If you post the card here, you'll get first credit on making it. I don't really want to say "Okay, you make these, and you make those", so this seems like the best solution. The fantastic card blanks made by cybermacguyver can be found in his thread, again found here. Also, if anyone has any ideas into how the project could be run better (not a great person in management here) feel free to post that here, too.

The Pokemon Figures in the TFG:
Charizard
Feraligatr
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Abra
Absol
Dratini
Eevee
Meowth
Murkrow
Salamence
Skarmory
Corsola
Golem
Mudkip
Pikachu
Raichu
Scyther
Torchic
Treecko
Voltorb
Weezing
Zangoose
Beedrill
Doduo
Ekans
Machop
Mareep
Marill
Nidoran (Male)
Sentret
Shroomish
Spearow
Tauros
Teddiursa
Weedle

Promo:
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup

Trainers:
Brock
Misty
Brendan
Red

Contributors so far:
cybermacguyver

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; July 26th, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Re: Pokemon Heroscape Project

In the interest of consistency and keeping the project size manageable, wouldn't it be better to at least initially limit contributions to the TFG figures available? If you start with the whole huge list of available Pokemon, that's a lot of material to cover and a lot of material to discuss and analyze. Wikipedia shows 45 figures so far, counting trainers and 3 promos, and discounting the 'ref.' And that's just the first set, so presumably plenty more will be coming in later.
Do we want to try and do trainers as well, for that matter? Or just leave the players as the trainers, just as they stand in for the Valhallan generals already?
There's also the evolution thing... should Pokemon be treated as wholly individual creatures, or should some types require drafting a weaker version and then putting it into the right circumstances to evolve upwards? The latter does add extra complexity, but some Pokemon are more evolution-oriented than others and would seem hindered without that additional mechanism... magikarp and... I forget the name, but that foxish one that could evolve into fire, ice, or lightning types.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky

Last edited by Karkadinn; July 26th, 2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Master Custom Creator

(Sorry for the duplicate post.)

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Till they get lucky

Last edited by Karkadinn; July 26th, 2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Accidental duplicate.
Old July 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn View Post
In the interest of consistency and keeping the project size manageable, wouldn't it be better to at least initially limit contributions to the TFG figures available? If you start with the whole huge list of available Pokemon, that's a lot of material to cover and a lot of material to discuss and analyze. Wikipedia shows 45 figures so far, counting trainers and 3 promos, and discounting the 'ref.' And that's just the first set, so presumably plenty more will be coming in later.
Do we want to try and do trainers as well, for that matter? Or just leave the players as the trainers, just as they stand in for the Valhallan generals already?
There's also the evolution thing... should Pokemon be treated as wholly individual creatures, or should some types require drafting a weaker version and then putting it into the right circumstances to evolve upwards? The latter does add extra complexity, but some Pokemon are more evolution-oriented than others and would seem hindered without that additional mechanism... magikarp and... I forget the name, but that foxish one that could evolve into fire, ice, or lightning types.
I think that's a better idea than just all of the Pokemon so far. I'll get the Wikipedia page for them and update the first post with them. The trainers I thought could be used, not as Generals, but as Katsuro-esque support figures. The basic "Red" and "Blue" trainers would have low stats and some sort of Red-Skull-like turn-transferring power, maybe called "I Choose You" or something suitably corny. The 'more powerful' trainers, however, would cost more, have better stats, and maybe a support power. In summary: you wouldn't need trainers to play, but they would help, like in a Raeliny-Marcus-Katsuro sort of way.

EDIT: I just thought, I would never actually use the Pokemon figures in the gaem, because of size issues, money issues, etc. I'd just proxy the approximate size. A Deathreaver for Pikachu, for instance.

I'm not really sure about evolution, however...I had first originally thought that you could just draft them however, and their power would just be scaled going up from evolution to evolution. Maybe the evolutions could be a scenario-specific rules. A glyph that acts like a Leaf Stone, or something? I don't really know. I think we'd better sort that out before we continue with the cards, just in case.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it might be a little silly if you paid 5 points for a Magikarp and then later in the game, it becomes a giant flying sea dragon.

I was also thinking about TM cards. Each one would cost around 10-20 points and give a certain extra power to one eligible Pokemon.
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Zyelos is surprisingly tart

Funny you should mention evolution stone glyphs. After reading cybermacguyver's post I decided to come up with an Eevee and Eevee evolutions set using cybermacguyver's card template. (Eevee is the fox pokemon you were refering to with 7 evolutions) Ultimatly I came up with a pattern set for all the evolution stones as glyphs. I figured this would be the easiest way to be able to evolve your pokemon on the battlefield. But anyway when ive finished the set of Eevee's I'll post them here.
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyelos View Post
Funny you should mention evolution stone glyphs. After reading cybermacguyver's post I decided to come up with an Eevee and Eevee evolutions set using cybermacguyver's card template. (Eevee is the fox pokemon you were refering to with 7 evolutions) Ultimatly I came up with a pattern set for all the evolution stones as glyphs. I figured this would be the easiest way to be able to evolve your pokemon on the battlefield. But anyway when ive finished the set of Eevee's I'll post them here.
Then I'm assuming you call them.

One problem for the evolutions: the evolutions have to be, dy definition, more powerful than thier predecesssors. How would you reconcile that in Heroscape? It'd be like drafting a Zombie of Morindan, stepping on a glyph, and getting Sudema as an end result. I want to make tham as compatable with Classicscape as possible, so I really think that evolution should be scenario-based.
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

I think that we should just not have evolution in-battle, to keep it a little less complicated. The evolutions should have similar abilities to their un-evolved forms, just stronger. I think you have a good idea with the trainers, each "stronger" trainer should have their own unique ability. Also, I really like the idea of having extra TM cards to add attacks to your pokemon.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Master Custom Creator

Glyphs are balanced around being mutually beneficial to both sides. Give evolution glyphs some kind of standby ability to powerup a non-Pokemon figure capturing said glyph and it would seem balanced enough. Couldn't be worse than the +4 range glyph anyway. Figuring out a way to word the Pokemon ability and the non-Pokemon ability both on the card without it sounding needlessly complicated and/or verbose would be the real trick, though.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Till they get lucky
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM

cybermacgyver Woo who?

Wow, thanks Pumpkin_King for starting this thread. I was thinking of starting one but thought it would be cocky of me to assume people would want me to do it.

By the way, my handle, moniker, what have you is CyberMacGyver... no 'u' in it. Not mad, just a slight nudge in the right direction. hee hee

Again, thanks. And I'll be taking on some more Pokemon as I'd like to get more cards for the kids.

I'll interject more later... I have to get back to my birthday party but I 'had' too get on here and check out how crazy this has become.
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Darn, there's no Politoed figure.

Cool idea though. As stated many times before, wouldn't want it official though.

Are these figures hard to find? I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere... Just curious.
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Mr.Fullerton Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Darn, there's no Politoed figure.

Cool idea though. As stated many times before, wouldn't want it official though.

Are these figures hard to find? I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere... Just curious.
I know they sell the figures at my local Target. And there are a lot of them for that matter.
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn View Post
Glyphs are balanced around being mutually beneficial to both sides. Give evolution glyphs some kind of standby ability to powerup a non-Pokemon figure capturing said glyph and it would seem balanced enough. Couldn't be worse than the +4 range glyph anyway. Figuring out a way to word the Pokemon ability and the non-Pokemon ability both on the card without it sounding needlessly complicated and/or verbose would be the real trick, though.
I could come up with something. That's a good idea for a scenario, Karkadinn. I really just think evolution should be secnario-specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermacgyver View Post
Wow, thanks Pumpkin_King for starting this thread. I was thinking of starting one but thought it would be cocky of me to assume people would want me to do it.

By the way, my handle, moniker, what have you is CyberMacGyver... no 'u' in it. Not mad, just a slight nudge in the right direction. hee hee

Again, thanks. And I'll be taking on some more Pokemon as I'd like to get more cards for the kids.

I'll interject more later... I have to get back to my birthday party but I 'had' too get on here and check out how crazy this has become.
Ah, sorry, CyberMacyver. Just my mind wanting to put letters where they don't belong.

I'm going to go ahead and do a trainer card, just so people know what to base their Pokemon off of.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards