Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 12th, 2017, 02:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Mask (II) (Public Playtesting)

It seems like we are missing the 'can't take additional turns' clause here that prevents chain bonding on other cards.
Old December 12th, 2017, 02:48 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I believe that's the case, yes, as long as Black Mask doesn't attack. He wouldn't be able to choose them as a Unique Criminal though of course for the 2nd part of the power. Based on the wording it should be fine. I wouldn't be opposed to eliminating that if things are coming in too strong.
Umm, I think we're talking about two different things here. I'm talking about activating one Hired Gun with Criminal Strategist after taking a turn with Black Mask, which the current wording allows since it only stipulates Unique Crime Lord / Criminal with no mention of being a Hero. So you could use him to get 10 attacks with the Hired Guns basically. Sounds like this isn't what you intended though.

Quote:
Hopefully your 2nd game the luck was more neutral so we can see a more telling result. The first set is a little alarming. I think a slight cost bump is in the cards either way, which shouldn't be any issue, but we'll see what else you got and your overall opinion. Thanks!
I could see a slight cost bump, I wouldn't worry too much from that test though. There were a lot of things in Black Mask's favor there with the map and the match-up. Even then there were still obvious points of failure that the other team just never managed to capitalize on. Honestly surprised it did as good as it did.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 12th, 2017, 03:04 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Gotcha. Yeah that should be changed.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:02 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

@Soundwarp SG-1

Are you still planning on posting the other game you played? Just checking in to see if that's the plan. We should be able to move this through once we have all that in.
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@Soundwarp SG-1

Are you still planning on posting the other game you played? Just checking in to see if that's the plan. We should be able to move this through once we have all that in.
Yeah, getting it written up now. Sorry, I'm not a fast writer.

My Etsy Store
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:46 PM

All good, no real rush. Just checking to make sure that was the plan.
Old December 13th, 2017, 03:44 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Alrighty, got my second test written up in my earlier post. Long story short, you can do some crazy turn chains with Mask. I should have done better about mentioning that stuff as a CRB member earlier, sorry about that. EDIT- Actually, it doesn't look like this one ever got a CRB phase, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Now, a lot of that is more Joker and Mentallo's fault than Mask's (really he just adds the Hired Guns bit), but I still think he could stand either the no extra turns lingo or a price bump. Really though, Joker and Mentallo and such need some work themselves, at least to get rid of the turns jumping in and out of other turns stuff.

My Etsy Store
Old December 13th, 2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Alrighty, got my second test written up in my earlier post. Long story short, you can do some crazy turn chains with Mask. I should have done better about mentioning that stuff as a CRB member earlier, sorry about that. EDIT- Actually, it doesn't look like this one ever got a CRB phase, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Now, a lot of that is more Joker and Mentallo's fault than Mask's (really he just adds the Hired Guns bit), but I still think he could stand either the no extra turns lingo or a price bump. Really though, Joker and Mentallo and such need some work themselves, at least to get rid of the turns jumping in and out of other turns stuff.
The lack of turn loop prevention lingo was an oversight more than an intended mechanic, so that'll definitely be added. As for the cost, what do you feel is reasonable? I'm thinking 160 is probably a good landing point just to be on the safe side. Thoughts?
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:02 PM

His record is as follows:

@135 = 1-0
@140 = 2-0
@145 = 1-0
@150 = 1-2
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Quote:

The lack of turn loop prevention lingo was an oversight more than an intended mechanic, so that'll definitely be added. As for the cost, what do you feel is reasonable? I'm thinking 160 is probably a good landing point just to be on the safe side. Thoughts?
Without the turn hopping, I'd think 150-160 is a good range. 140 strikes me as a bit too much of a bargain considering all he has going on, especially when it's not like he's a terrible solo combatant when it comes to that. 160 plus Penguin's 140 makes for a nice even 300 point base for fun Gotham Underworld builds, so there's that. Now they just need a thematic replacement for Vulture to get Mask in the fray.

Anyway, I hope my tests were of some use to you.

Side note- I really like what you've been doing for the Bat-Villains here, very cohesive. Especially taking characters who got shafted on decent cards before and giving them something usable. Here's hoping for a Ventriloquist II next.

My Etsy Store
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If the chain bonding and 5 hired guns in one turn issues are eliminated via final editing updates, then it looks like 150 is where he started coming in at a good place. If you wanted him to end in a '5' for some reason, 155 could work well if you are still thinking a bump beyond 150 is needed.
Old December 13th, 2017, 04:38 PM

I'd be fine with 150 or 155. 150 was a good place based on Ronin's initial tests, and he got Lex Corp Security removed from bonding since then, the chain loop will be removed, and the restriction of Unique to eliminate crazy Hired Guns usages, so 150 could be reasonable. With Soundwarp's approval it gives me more faith at that price as well.

Quote:
Side note- I really like what you've been doing for the Bat-Villains here, very cohesive. Especially taking characters who got shafted on decent cards before and giving them something usable. Here's hoping for a Ventriloquist II next.
Thanks! My main goal was to get some of these lesser played figures a new lease on life, especially because I'm obviously a fan of the Batman rogues gallery. So it was a double incentive on my part. It was also a nice opportunity to build a new tent pole in the Crime Lord/Criminal faction, giving them some enhanced synergy and reason to play the Bat-rogues together.

As for Ventriloquist, unfortunately he only has 1 mini last I checked. So he may be held back by that. I definitely considered that though, because he could really use it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library