Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 12th, 2016, 08:04 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 1/6/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Concept for Bellatrix is great!

For her activation on Archer's Command, do you need "After revealing an order marker, instead of taking a turn with Bellatrix ... "

I wish the Tagawa Samurai Archers were actually "Archers" to benefit from her powers. Then it would be easy to make it an Einar only power as well. A while ago I was working on custom ideas to help Roman Archers at Tagawa Archers but the wording was rough.

Thanks for sharing!
Ah, good catch. It should be "before taking a turn" as she is supposed to have Full Reverse Bonding.
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:08 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Bellatrix has been updated with proper wording for the bonding power. Thanks again for the input.

Spoiler Alert!

Here's a new card that walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and by the evening has remembered it has wings and just flies away.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:39 PM

Want another Darklord option? Here's another Darklord option.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:00 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's been forever since I've done the rounds commenting. I'm glad to see that you've been keeping up the quality customs!

Khamanu the Darklord

I like him! Khosumet has long been a disappointment for me so he seems like a cool alternative for a butt-kicking wolf. Intimidating Roar is a nice way to up his attack and boost his squad in the process. I could see bumping him up a life but he's pretty good looking as is.

Bellatrix Severa

She seems interesting. On the surface I see her as a nice way to bridge the gap between the Roman Legionnaires and the Roman Archers although there other other options. What Wild Archer synergy are you breaking? I suppose you could throw Parmenio in there as well to smooth that out if need be. I really like the Combat Leader power on her. Usually that makes her a good target of the X order Marker but you can mix it up by putting the X on your Legionnaires and taking a surprise turn with your archer squad. 80 seems a little low for a bonding controller unit but it could work because it is only for archers and of such limited range.

Suten Anu
I really liked the change to combat challenge so it doesn't break down with multiple figures. I use the same adjustment on my customs. I like the theme of the attacker getting so stumped on the riddle that they forget to attack, giving your sphinx the opportunity to eat them. They seem like a nice pseudo-kyrie warrior and should be a nice addition in a guard based army.
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM

Thanks, Ixe, your input is always valued!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
It's been forever since I've done the rounds commenting. I'm glad to see that you've been keeping up the quality customs!

Bellatrix Severa

She seems interesting. On the surface I see her as a nice way to bridge the gap between the Roman Legionnaires and the Roman Archers although there other other options. What Wild Archer synergy are you breaking? I suppose you could throw Parmenio in there as well to smooth that out if need be. I really like the Combat Leader power on her. Usually that makes her a good target of the X order Marker but you can mix it up by putting the X on your Legionnaires and taking a surprise turn with your archer squad. 80 seems a little low for a bonding controller unit but it could work because it is only for archers and of such limited range.
The Wild Archer synergy is to prevent a bonding chain from Bellatrix to Arrow Gruts to a Beast. Plus those Wild Archers never really listen to orders, do they?

Quote:
Suten Anu
I really liked the change to combat challenge so it doesn't break down with multiple figures. I use the same adjustment on my customs. I like the theme of the attacker getting so stumped on the riddle that they forget to attack, giving your sphinx the opportunity to eat them. They seem like a nice pseudo-kyrie warrior and should be a nice addition in a guard based army.
I may have taken that change to Combat Challenge from you -- I know I got it from someone! The Riddle is a fun theme power. I was thinking of exempting Mindless figures as they might not even listen to the Riddle at all, but I keep reminding myself that Simpler Is Better.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

Spoiler Alert!
Sweet, now one of my old customs has a boyfriend! We'll need to get these two together soon:

Old April 21st, 2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post

Spoiler Alert!
Sweet, now one of my old customs has a boyfriend! We'll need to get these two together soon:

Cool! I like Unleashed Fury on a Hero. More reason to bring Khosumet!

What's the figure? (Like I need more plastic...)
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:02 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

The figure is an old Horrorclix She-Wolf.
Old April 26th, 2016, 12:47 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Hey IshMEL,

We actually got in a game of Heroscape this weekend and Nomad played the Roman Archers! I was telling him about Bellatrix and he liked the idea. She would have been a great addition to his army. We played 1,000 points so he had Marcus + Romans + Archers.

I picked up this LotR Combat Hex figure a while back with the idea of making him into a Unique Hero that boosted the Einar Archers: Roman Archers and Tagawa Samurai Archers. Problem was that the Tagawa's were Samurai and not Archers. I thought about a boost for common Einar figures with a Range 4+ but then I'd boost the 10th Reg (and they don't need the help).

Mind if I borrow some of your ideas for him?

But you could also use this figure as a sub for Bellatrix and add some Range. The figure is about $3 on eBay.

Old April 26th, 2016, 01:32 PM

Great looking figure! And of course I don't mind if you borrow any ideas. Perhaps you could say "Einar Samurai or Archers" and then exempt figures with a Range of 1?
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:17 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

I updated the Infernal Horde section of my customs, mostly gathering cards and units that I had previously posted here. There are two units that I've revised (no cards yet). Let me know if you have any feedback on 'em.

Reaper of Bleakwoode. Synergy with Death Knights, Anubians, Shades and Marcu! 150 points.
Spoiler Alert!

Skeletal Captain. The "Swog Rider" of the Undead. 20 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old May 27th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

So I've been tinkering with a new Dr. Who design:

Weeping Angel
Uncommon Hero
Angel
Utgar
Assassin
Lonely

Medium 5
Life 3
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 7
150 points

Don't Blink
Immediately after an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker, you may choose a Weeping Angel you control that is not adjacent to any other figure. Roll the 20-sided die. You may move the chosen Angel up to X spaces, where X is the number rolled less 13. When moving with Don't Blink, a Weeping Angel may ignore changes in elevation.

Quantum Locked
If this Weeping Angel is within clear sight of another figure, it may not move normally. A Weeping Angel may never leave an engagement.

All The Days You Would Have Lived
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure engaged with this Weeping Angel and roll the 20-sided die. Add 4 to your roll if the chosen figure does not have an Order Marker on its Army Card. If you roll a 16 or higher, destroy the chosen figure.

They're fast, they're strong, don't blink!

The first power represents their ability to move extremely fast if they are not being observed. The die roll stands in for your opponent's effectiveness in not blinking. There are all kinds of ways to make this more complicated, but GNS (Game Not Simulation)!

The second (dis)ability is their weakness -- they cannot move if they *are* being observed. Remember, you can turn your own Angels away from each other to enable them to move normally!

And the third ability is their "time parasite" power -- they touch you, send you back into the past, and feed off the potential time energy of your unlived future. Or something like that.

I made them high defense (stone!) with a relatively low attack (they are more interested in "feeding" than snapping your neck) and low life. I am still considering making them high-cost Common Heroes...

As for the figures, I picked up some D&D Animated Statues for cheap:

And for even cheaper, these Heroclix Hawkgirl:

The wings pop right off, and with a little paint and glue I should be able to get them onto the Statues. They won't look canonical, but I think they'll do!

Thanks for taking a look, as always. More units are in the works!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards