Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:21 PM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker
Help with Storage

I'm sure there have been threads about this already, but I am looking for a particular method of storage.

Previously, I have had a bunch of colored tubs in which I stored my figures grouped in Ziploc bags.

However, as my collection grows this makes it harder and harder to find the figures in the bags, and risks breaking and deforming the more fragile figures (like the Yari).

What I'm looking for is a way to have a lot of flat surfaces (much like a parking structure) that I can pull outwards. Ideally this would mean the figures when stored would always be in a standing position, not mixed around with each other, and thus much easier to find.

Is there a compact way to do this? As of right now my setup takes up the space of a medium sized drawer. I'm willing to go larger for the integrity of the figures. No more broken spears!

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old January 23rd, 2016, 10:01 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
More storage..

Smaller tubs or tackle boxes for each general works best for me, a lot less broken figures.
I got mine from Target if that helps.

Last edited by Ninja Status; January 23rd, 2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Good luck!
Old January 24th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Help with Storage

I bought a couple of these for figure storage and they've worked out fairly well. Unique Heroes in the top slots and plastic bags of more durable squaddies in the bottom seems to work out.

Then as I got more figures, I got two big wooden filing cabinets with two pull out drawers each. And I lined them each with three sets of stacked row planters (in picture below) and put minis in each. Depending on the depth of your drawers, you might go with smaller stacks to allow plenty of clearance for spearholders. Since my drawers were bigger than the row planters I got, I filled in the edges with stacked up egg cartons, with a mini in each slot of those. They jostle a bit when I move them, but egg cartons are easy to sort and label. Just a few ideas. These mostly all work for Medium 5 figures. Larger ones can be more challenging.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There are a bunch of different take box options. If I remember the item number right, I used Plano 3700s and 3730s to store the majority of my figures. I could put 4 of the 3700s in one of those cheap plastic crates you can buy at Wal-Mart. They usually have stacks of them in assorted colors for a couple dollars. They could also store 1 of the 3730s and 2 of the 3700s. It's fairly cheap and easy to store and transport.
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If you don't move your entire collection around a lot, you could do what I have done. Essentially I made my own display shelf system that is about 3 to 4 figures deep and hangs on the wall. I have about 3 shelf sections that hold over 3000 figures. If your interested I'll post pictures. I love it because we just walk in the room and pick our figures off the shelves and then put em back when we're done. I only pack them around when I go to tournaments in which case I just bring my army anyways.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 24th, 2016, 11:30 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: Help with Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
If you don't move your entire collection around a lot, you could do what I have done. Essentially I made my own display shelf system that is about 3 to 4 figures deep and hangs on the wall. I have about 3 shelf sections that hold over 3000 figures. If your interested I'll post pictures. I love it because we just walk in the room and pick our figures off the shelves and then put em back when we're done. I only pack them around when I go to tournaments in which case I just bring my army anyways.
I would love to see pictures. I am always looking for fun ways to display my stuff and make it easy to get out.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 24th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Im with TREX on this one ..I have just about always had all my playable figures on display with easy access, of course I still had figures sitting in boxes ( I used the expansion set boxes with a hard cardbroad Walmart hamburger pattie boxes that fit perfect inside to keep them from crushing and then put an army symbol on the outside) because I don't need more than 4 or 5 Mimrings out of I think I have like 14 of her ..on display at one time. ( made this wicked mountain map once and 4 players vs all my Dragons ..it as EPIC !!...) Anyways one house I just put up cardboard shelves think I used Cheese boxes and tacks only had 2 sets of RoTV back then , In my old Basement ( Kaliscapers 1 ) I had a huge like 5 inch deep built in shelf going around the room and my displays were AWESOME ! Now in my TINY new basement room I went to Home Depot and bought shelves ( 1 ft deep then 6 ft long and a 4 ft long , so overall I have 1x10 ft per shelf slot) ..the kind that have a back track and you can move them up and down as needed. I already know that I still have alot of figure and stuff to move around on the shelves at this time I am still unpacking stuff so this is a work in progress, Most of my Land is in the copy boxes under the shelves and I have a very small closet holding even more Scape ...Here's some pics ..YAY !! Oh an like no pickin on me fer things in the background like the comics ..,Those ones are just like.... place holders for my real comics ...eh...like sure I read Cloak and Dagger an have a few free comic book day books up ..But my good stuff isn't out yet ..so like don't be a Hoser..an think that crap is like all I have eh. Good Day..

ALL ARE ONE
Old January 24th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Love the shelves! Didn't realize folks in Montana said "hoser."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2016, 01:20 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

That is awesome. I will have to think about doing something like that. Thanks for sharing!

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 24th, 2016, 02:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Mine are something like that, except that I custom built them to house more figures in a more narrow section. Each shelf is generally about 3 inches high. Some higher for bigger figures but each with enough room to reach in above the figure and pull it out. I like his option for easier install or for someone without the means to build them as I have.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 24th, 2016, 02:36 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Right on guys !! Yes well Most Montana people do not use Hoser I however am a huge fan of Strange Brew so do as well as eh..and errrr....It's my British and Canadian humor side. Top shelf is 13 inches high for customs like GODZILLA !! think the other shelves are set at 8 inches high and lower ones less for now .Ummm currently I gave a section to each Color ( at least one of each figure ) and then by Marvel,Customs, and then I placed some fav. armies and plan to place buildings ( under construction )..Easy to see and get to !

ALL ARE ONE
Old February 24th, 2016, 02:27 AM

Well I ran across these Remote control LED pod lights at COSTCO ..and dude these pics do not do them justice !!

ALL ARE ONE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion