Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 17th, 2019, 01:34 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Soundwave

I'm mildly impressed/sad this isn't the Book of Soundwarp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Amanda Waller and Nic Fury are essentially spy masters and they are both Directors, but I don't see how that would fit for Soundwarp.
Yeah, I've never been much good at directing people. More of a follower really.

Anyway, Spy is a ok fit for Marvel Soundwave, I'd go with that. You could probably also go with like 'advisor' or 'lackey' or something, but 'Spy' works better for a hybrid take that also works for Cartoon Soundwave and such.

Marvel Shockwave would be a strategist, or something similar, he isn't really a scientist like other Shockwaves are. IDW Shockwave would be best as a Mastermind I think, but he has no special reason to work with Soundwave anyway since they actively hate each other in IDW (and he's never even met Marvel Soundwave).

Marvel Ratbat could work as a Strategist at a stretch. Not really a character interaction I'd worry too much about anyway, especially since Soundwave would already have synergy with Ratbat by being able to eject him.

Marvel Soundwave isn't what I'd call especially Loyal, he is loyal to the cause I suppose though, but might be best to keep it for hybridness. Laterday IDW Soundwave has more than enough stuff for a separate card for himself that definitely would be Loyal though, so IDK if we want a different personality here to help keep them separate in case IDWave gets made (I'd probably go with Tricky here in that case).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 17th, 2019, 06:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Spy works for Soundwave to me.
If Loyal isn't a universal fit (and honestly there were moments that made me wonder if his loyalty was genuine in the cartoon...) then what about something like Calculating?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 17th, 2019, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of like Calculating, he seems like he's often deep in thought and weighing all the odds before acting. It's a personality we have already used before in C3G correct?
Old April 17th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I kind of like Calculating, he seems like he's often deep in thought and weighing all the odds before acting. It's a personality we have already used before in C3G correct?
I can't remember precisely where, but definitely, yes. I don't even think it's rare.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 17th, 2019, 02:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Robot is Calculating

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 17th, 2019, 05:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

This is what I'm updating the SP with.

NAME = SOUNDWAVE

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SPY
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 15

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ?

EJECT!
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Soundwave, if Soundwave did not attack this turn, you may remove one friendly figure that is not destroyed from this card and place it on any unoccupied space within 2 clear sight spaces of Soundwave. Take an immediate turn with that figure, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

COMMUNICATIONS DISRUPTION
An opponent's Common or Unique figure that is within 7 spaces of Soundwave can only be activated when an Order Marker is revealed on its card, and cannot use any special power on its card to activate another figure.

RELAY ORDERS
All Heroes you control are considered in clear sight of each other. At the beginning of your turn, if Soundwave is within 7 spaces of a Conqueror or Strategist Hero you control, you may move an unrevealed Order Marker from that Hero's card to this card or the card of any Hero within 7 spaces of Soundwave.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Don't plan on testing him until after Laserbeak is into Final Editing, so they can be tested together. He should take most of the cost for the Storage and Eject! power effects. Thinking he'll fall in the mid 300 range, his stats are not as good as the 410 Prime or Tron but his powers could have a big impact on tactics for both your team and your opponents team.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:34 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

This is my first look at this design and I appear to be missing something. How do figures get onto Soundwave's card in the first place? I presume Laserbeak has something to do with this, but if so, I think some people who do not know they are a duo will get confused by looking at this card alone. Usually duos have specific callouts to power names or character names, such as the Bonds of Marriage power. Is there a note that could be added somewhere to give people a hint that this guy isn't meant to be played by himself?

Otherwise, looking pretty good but the Communications Disruption power looks really, really strong. It could completely dismantle some armies and the range is very long, though unique. If he is an intended counter to these armies, that is fine by me, we just should be sure to test it well.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I don't think I would ever want to draft a Prof. X type of character if my opponent has Soundwave. Thinking about it more, I don't think Angle could even fly around and rescue people but that was never the intent. I was just trying to shut down bonding, not shut down other powers that activate without an OM reveal. Maybe it should include a d20 roll to see if the jamming/disruption is effective or not?

As for drafting him without Laserbeak or Ravage, I think that is still perfectly viable for him and vice versa, they just team up well if you do draft them together.
Old April 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, Communications Disruption has a very, very large aura for a passive, automatic, devastating effect.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 18th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Hard as ice

May I suggest a drop to 7 Life here? I'd prefer to see 6-8 being the standard life range for an average sized Transformer, with 8 being reserved for the big guns (Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Galvatron), 7 for the more notable characters (Starscream, Soundwave, Cyclonus, Jazz) and 6 for the footnote/roster-filler/non-combatant characters (Skywarp, Thundercracker, Hoist, Perceptor* etc.). Establishing 8 as a standard is something I'd rather avoid.

*I could even see Perceptor at 5 Life.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; April 18th, 2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old April 18th, 2019, 03:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I've been thinking about dropping the life to 7 myself to help keep his cost down a bit and make more room for his tapes. You'll just want to get the tapes ejected sooner than later to avoid losing the tapes with a sudden big attack to def. whiff combo. Being able to get OM's from his 'boss' as needed will help avoid that though.

I've also had an epiphany here, thinking the jamming power should not always be turned on but should rather be a once per game or once per round type of power. That will help make him much more fun to play against while being more in line with the theme of him jamming a specific signal or form of communication.

Once per game, after initiative is rolled and before any other Order Markers are revealed, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, for the rest of the round an opponent's Common or Unique figure that is within 7 spaces of Soundwave can only be activated when an Order Marker is revealed on its card, and cannot use any special power on its card to activate another figure.

After taking a turn with any figure you control, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. Until you take your next turn, an opponent's Common or Unique figure that is within 7 spaces of Soundwave can only be activated when an Order Marker is revealed on its card, and cannot use any special power on its card to activate another figure.

Also thinking I'm going to reduce the threat range of the tapes by making Soundwave give up his full turn to eject a tape and take a turn with that figure.

EJECT!
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and instead of taking a turn with Soundwave, you may remove one friendly figure that is not destroyed from this card and place it on any unoccupied space within 2 clear sight spaces of Soundwave. Take an immediate turn with that figure, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Old April 18th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the once per game idea.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library