Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:07 PM

Son of Mulhalla is surprisingly tart
Question At WHAT point would consider personal collection complete???

At what point you would consider a collection to be complete? Would that be have one of everything? Or having 1 of each hero and unique squad and then like 3 of each common squad? Or having like crazy amount enough to fight copy armies...so like 2 each hero and 6 of squads? Being the original products before heroscape ended and the fan creations took off.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:12 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: At WHAT point would consider personal collection complet

It’s up for interpretation for sure. I would say “complete” is just one of everything. I consider my collection “functionally complete” which basically means I have 1-2x of uniques and the appropriate amount of each common. (E.g 5x Knights/10th/Axegrinders, 3x Templar/Groks 8x Drones etc)

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:26 PM

Son of Mulhalla is surprisingly tart
Talking Re: At WHAT point would consider personal collection complet

Yeah I have the complete 1 of everything. Trying to figure if I want to hit the function able army of everything or if I'll be good rolling with fill ins. Normally have been avoiding that bc it can be confusing or I miss remembering to move someone bc I think that it is the opponent's piece lol
Old September 3rd, 2021, 05:04 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say one of every official unit except for squads that absolutely require extra squads based on the cards (i.e. Zombies ask for 2 squads and were originally sold that way, Marro Drones require 3...not really sure if there are others but there could be).
I know the thought is that you could in theory play Arkmar vs. Arkmar but that always seemed pretty strange to me . So I wouldn't really worry about having more than one of the unique squads/heroes.

That's my thoughts.

The rest of the time, use proxies. It can look silly at times having Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts playing the roles of each other or using orcs from other games as fillers. We tend to play theme armies vs theme armies so Orc vs Soulborgs rarely gets to confusing, although I won't say that never happens.
The official figures are just way too expensive to even pretend to pick up these days. And that's even including the generous group on this site who insist on selling below retail (or maybe that's just my cheap nature coming out ). I'll never forget how good this group is to each other!

The only two, I still don't have a Woo or Skahen and most likely never will but I have proxies for them and they're just as good with the cards printed from this site so I'm happy with my 'complete' collection. Really As long as you have enough for a game the collection's complete. Happy scaping!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 17th, 2022 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Complete is a mental state but a mental state is not necessarily complete.
Old September 3rd, 2021, 04:09 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me, at first it was one of everything and a few extra squads here and there. Eventually turned into wanting full armies of every squad. Basing off point cost. x4-5 of 50 points squads. About x3 of 100 point squads, and maybe extras of your favorite squads you like to see. As certain stuff got more expensive though, I did get into the 3D printing and painting to save on this.
Old October 13th, 2021, 09:41 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me it's 1 of every unique, and 3 of most of the common squads through wave 8. Exception being that I would want 6 squads of zombies.

But for me it's really about the squads I'm going to use. I'm plenty happy having zero Roman archers, marro drudge, nikita agents, or microcorps. Also more than willing to pass on the super expensive stuff - aquilla's alliance, wave 9 in general (although I would be thrilled at some mohicans or gladiators), templars, aubrien archers, marro drones, even gladiatrons/blastatrons.

Really would want the flagbearers, but they probably will be the last thing since they're so pricey.

Basically I care a lot more about having 3 copies of a few squads than one of every squad
Old October 13th, 2021, 09:42 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me (I am warped), I want enough so I can field the armies I want. I have 2-3 of every unique hero and unique squad, 6 or so of every common or uncommon hero (for firestorm or a wave of Chainfighters), and 4-8 squads of of each of the common squads. Some of the squads are 3-d printed after the first couple of squads, but I have at least two original.

the problem for me is the CV3/Sov figures. I love what they add to the game and we use them in all of our tournaments. Because of that, I did not consider my collection complete until I have enough of them as well. I have a complete CV collection as well.

I have originals of everything, but fill in with 3d printed ones when I need extras. For example, I have 6 original fire elementals and 6 3d printed ones so I can run firestorm. I have two squads of spiders, and 5 printed ones.

I do not suggest that people be like me. I have lots of people that I play with that proxy figures and squads and I think that is great. It keeps the game fun an affordable. I have one person that has 24 humanoid figures and uses them for pretty much every small/medium squad he wants. It works for me!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old October 14th, 2021, 05:24 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Geez you could buy a house with that kind of collection lol.

But congrats on all those figures! I think if I ever do C3V it'll be 3D prints
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
For me (I am warped), I want enough so I can field the armies I want. I have 2-3 of every unique hero and unique squad, 6 or so of every common or uncommon hero (for firestorm or a wave of Chainfighters), and 4-8 squads of of each of the common squads. Some of the squads are 3-d printed after the first couple of squads, but I have at least two original.

the problem for me is the CV3/Sov figures. I love what they add to the game and we use them in all of our tournaments. Because of that, I did not consider my collection complete until I have enough of them as well. I have a complete CV collection as well.

I have originals of everything, but fill in with 3d printed ones when I need extras. For example, I have 6 original fire elementals and 6 3d printed ones so I can run firestorm. I have two squads of spiders, and 5 printed ones.

I do not suggest that people be like me. I have lots of people that I play with that proxy figures and squads and I think that is great. It keeps the game fun an affordable. I have one person that has 24 humanoid figures and uses them for pretty much every small/medium squad he wants. It works for me!
Old October 14th, 2021, 05:40 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Geez you could buy a house with that kind of collection lol.

But congrats on all those figures! I think if I ever do C3V it'll be 3D prints
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

I did go a little overboard (maybe), but I also run the local group, so people are always borrowing my squads to build armies, so I figure it is a way to support people that don't have them all. I also have a tremendous wife who is very tolerant!!!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old December 10th, 2021, 11:19 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me, my collection of classic Heroscape will be complete when I have:
•4 of each master set (already done)
•4 of each terrain expansion (I still need-1RttFF-3TT-2TJ-2VW-2FotA)
•1 of each Large Hero Expansion (Done)
•1 of each Unique Expansion Pack (Done)
•5 of each Common Expansion Pack (I have 5 of just about everything, only 2 squads do I only have 3. Several I have 4 of.)
•1 of each Convention Exclusive Figure (Done)

All these rules apply for the most part to C3V/SoV. Obvioulsy they don't do anything with terrain but I did go get multiple AotP sets when the AotP customs project was announced to be compatible with C3V. There isn't much terrain in those sets but I got 4 of them for $5 each at a Toys R Us that was going under.
I got the 1 of the small AotP expansion, now I just need the bigger one with the destructible pillars.

As far as C3G/Marvel is concerned, I have 4 Marvel Master Sets I got on clearance at Walmart back in the day for $7.99 if I remember right. At one point I had every C3G design but I've fallen way behind. It is what it is.

I am close to complete though, which it exciting!

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old December 28th, 2021, 05:46 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had considered my collection complete at 1 of every unique and at least 2 of every common (drones and zombies notwithstanding) and 2 of every Master/Terrain set. However, after winning a Arthur of Sherwood custom at the AustiCon Tournament, I've now started the implausible quest to collect 1 unique/2 common of all of those, so I'm a long way from ever being complete again.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old March 17th, 2022, 01:34 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

10 of every squad. 10 of each common hero. At least 4 of all unique hero's, and 10 of all terrain expansions. Generals - 4 each also.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion