Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help! Reasons to play Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Alright, I just brought these ideas to my parents and the situation has been solved. Thanks for everyone's help!!! I was really at a loss of ideas to convince them, even though I totally love this game. Thanks again!!
Excellent!

I'm thinking HeroScape is a good investment, but what do I know.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:27 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks to everyone. Hopefully I can convince my mom to let me get D3 around when it's time to preorder. And hopefully she'll let me get it.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:42 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I don't know you living predicament, but you ever think about picking up extra chores? Like before she gets home from work, you could have the house cleaned, the dishes done etc... show her how dedicated you are.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Thanks to everyone. Hopefully I can convince my mom to let me get D3 around when it's time to preorder. And hopefully she'll let me get it.
It's being released in November so it can be your Christmas/Chanukah present...if you can wait till December to receive/open it.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Do you have any siblings that are 8 and up?

If so, teach them how to play and enjoy the game.

Heroscape suddenly becomes a way to spend time with the family and bond with your siblings.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I don't know you living predicament, but you ever think about picking up extra chores? Like before she gets home from work, you could have the house cleaned, the dishes done etc... show her how dedicated you are.
She's currently unemployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
It's being released in November so it can be your Christmas/Chanukah present...if you can wait till December to receive/open it.
Nope. Can't wait that long.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
She's currently unemployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Nope. Can't wait that long.
I hate to say it but if there is no $$$ coming than HS should be at the bottom of the I want list. If your age is high enough to work than get a part time gig or work in the summer, lawns need to get cut and older people "That you know and or trust" could always use a helper with things in and out of the house. When I turned 16 I was a driver for a lady on my block, 3 days a week after school. I hope the best for you and your mom I really do. One question, do you own an Xbox 360?

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM

whiteknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I agree that this is a question more of money than of how worthy a hobby Heroscape is. I think (and I may be wrong) that your mom will not be convinced even if you presented a different hobby. No hobby will be worthy in her eyes.

I can understand her point though. Being a 37-year-old who splurges on hobbies and is now deep in debt, I would say the best way to convince your mom to let you get 'scape is to show her how well you're managing your money. Keep a savings account and regularly deposit there. I would think it is easier to convince spending on a hobby if the money to be spent is already surplus, that is, after all the needs have been met and a fair amount has been put into savings.

And no, don't say that the savings is for more 'scape.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:03 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
To be objective, 2015 is a LONG way off. Those of us who are older know that life changes a lot in 5 years. You may or may not know where you will end up (are you 100 % positive that army will post you stateside?). All that being said, inform your parents that it is preparing you for your future career as a four star general - it teaches you tactics, strategy, and the implementation of weapons at your disposal.
We're going to attack this village where we suspect top Taliban leaders to be. First, we'll send in a troll to knock down all the doors, then a couple of giants to throw and knock any resistence further down the mountain. Once the enemy is softened up, we'll send in a shadow assassin and a teleporting alien to take out the targets.

Got in kind of late, but I just had to comment.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:15 AM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

To convince your folks to let you buy more scape.

1. Boys who play Heroscape do not mug little old ladies. In other words worse things to be doing.

2. You think Chess is complex ....

3. Geeks Rule the earth! This kind of logical thinking and problem solving of such multifaceted variables as encountered in this game, will prepare you for the outside of the box thinking to pursue science, Engineering, and advanced math like differential equations, linear algebra, and PHD level thinking. Your brain is a muscle and this is an excellent game stimulate the mind while having fun. Just make sure ya do your home work first.

4. I am an engineer and I play Heroscape.

5. I believe there are several teachers here on Heroscapers who use it their classes.

6. You need to have an IQ of 130 or higher to pronounce all the names correctly.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM

GFS trooper Woo who?

Quote:
She's currently unemployed
Is she unemployed as in lost job or stay at home mom.
If she her lost job now may to be a good time to buy.
If she is a stay at home mom (my mom tolerates it but calls the minis killer poly pocket) keep it contained to one place. Then make a show of picking it up once every couple weeks and when guests come over to visit other than friends to play then bring it out two or three days later, that is what is what I do
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good luck getting into West Point. Most kids these days go to college to have fun but cadets definitely aren't-they're going to build successful careers.

I definitely think that you need to buy carefully given your youth and financial situation. Personnally, I tried to minimize my scape expenses by asking for it for my birthday/Christmas. I would also consider what you purchase; get whatever is going to give you the maximum enjoyment. Contrary to popular belief, it's OK to not own everything

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion