Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 27th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 600 Point Competitive Armies

I don't remember feeling like I was facing Tier 1 armies in the ME in the three years I've been there. Tier 1A builds, sure: Death Chasers, Stompy, and those are just the ones I *used*.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 28th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

So I decided I want to play a Drone heavy army and a Arrow Grut heavy army. ( two different battles). Feed back welcome.

Drones:
Dronesx6=300
Tor-Kul-Na=520
Raelin=600
No Nagrubs simply to save spaces. And TKN can do fine without 'em.

Gruts:
Arrow Grutx4=160
Swogx4=260
TKN=480 (yes, again)
Grimnak=600

Both armies are 24 spaces, and Chompy is there to kill pesky squadies that the archers can't get, or to kill dangerous heros. TKN plays the same as Grimnak in both armies.
Old May 28th, 2016, 07:36 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Q9

I know at least one person had Q9 (vminer I think?) last year. I faced Greenscales + Nilf, Greenscales + Charos + Skahen, Romans (Jexik actually), and Chasers last year as my high tier builds.

~Dysole, mulling over some random ideas
Old May 31st, 2016, 03:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I faced both Gladblastx2 + Raelin and stingersx5 + Raelin last year, and I didn't face the rats/hydra/braxas or 10th/Raelin/Q10 build. There's definitely still cheese out there, just not as much as before.

One Q9 in the field seems like about par for the course these days. As I said, it's the one figure that's really taken a hit.
Old June 28th, 2016, 11:58 PM

dillerbocker is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Reverse the Whip is only relevant if you make it to Day 2. Some of us would be happy just to win 3 games out of 5
I agree with Clarissimus, first be sure you can get to day two...
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:16 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillerbocker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Reverse the Whip is only relevant if you make it to Day 2. Some of us would be happy just to win 3 games out of 5
I agree with Clarissimus, first be sure you can get to day two...
Id rather go 2-3 day 1, and tried to get in with a subpar army for success at Day 2. I don't think making Day 2 is an accomplishment in RTW.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 15th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth 2013 GenConline practice army
- Kinseth - Knights of Weston x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Finn the Viking Champion, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Krav Maga Agents, Otonashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth 2014 GenConline practice army
Kinseth: Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriors x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth 2015 GenConline practice army
Kinseth: * Greenscale Warriors x2, Othkurik The Black Dragon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marro Stingers x2
Yep, looks like Kinseth usually brings weaker figures like Knights, Krav, Raelin, Nilfheim, Greenscales, and Stingers.
Old July 15th, 2016, 09:09 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Oh Vegie, you are cute.

First, I didn't travel to Gencon. Online practice event. The point being, had I spent money to go to the event, my motives on trying to win the championship would have changed.

The first 2 years, I think we counted the results towards our EOY championships. So there were different motives behind doing well. (Influencing point #1)

In 2014 and 2015 I believe I won the opening round of Day 2.

2015 Othkurik is a step down from Nilf And the thoughts of going with Greenies, I felt I was a stronger player with them than most. Stingers were a Mistake, I misjudged the meta for 2015. This was a more honest attempt to go 3-1 and Make Playoffs.

Lastly, we require you to go 3-1 to make Day 2/Playoffs, while Gencon is 3-2 for some. I think you can try to skirt the edge more at Gencon than Online Prep.

Old July 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Going to Islandscape, after an absence of some years, tomorrow. The format is set out below:

• 600 points (or less)
• Minus 75 points for each general your army is allied with beyond the first
• 16 spaces worth of figures maximum

Rules:
• Players bring one, pre-drafted, 600 point (or less) Heroscape army.

• No MarvelScape

• We will allow C3V and SoV customs. (No other custom figures will be allowed).

• To start your army build all figures in your army can/should be pulled from one general. For each general that you pull figures from (ally with) beyond your first general you must subtract 75 points from your total points.

• Army size is limited to 16 spaces.

• 5 round Swiss style tournament.

• The tournament is played in one hour rounds.

Would anyone sacrifice 75 points to combine 2 Generals?

I'm taking an Aquilla army: Quahon and all 4 Varkaanan squads. No Varkaanan heroes. dok talked me out of taking Bahadur over the Darkclaws. Who can grab Glyphs better? Sherman is lending me his Quahon for the tournament. I think this is a great army . . .

Old July 15th, 2016, 12:23 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Oh Vegie, you are cute.

First, I didn't travel to Gencon. Online practice event. The point being, had I spent money to go to the event, my motives on trying to win the championship would have changed.

The first 2 years, I think we counted the results towards our EOY championships. So there were different motives behind doing well. (Influencing point #1)

In 2014 and 2015 I believe I won the opening round of Day 2.

2015 Othkurik is a step down from Nilf And the thoughts of going with Greenies, I felt I was a stronger player with them than most. Stingers were a Mistake, I misjudged the meta for 2015. This was a more honest attempt to go 3-1 and Make Playoffs.

Lastly, we require you to go 3-1 to make Day 2/Playoffs, while Gencon is 3-2 for some. I think you can try to skirt the edge more at Gencon than Online Prep.
I'll ignore the very flawed logic that leads you to say that you should bring stronger armies to the online practice event (the majority of people who make Day 2 at GenCon are 4-1 or 5-0, not 3-2, games are less competitive online, people generally bring weaker stuff as to not reveal their actual armies). The problem that I have is that you are trying to invalidate legitimate accomplishments of other people, at an event you have never attended, using an argument that invalidates your own accomplishments.

For example, @Dysole made Day 2 last year with Ashigaru. Does losing the first game to """matchup roulette""" negate that accomplishment? I don't think so. I think it's extremely disingenuous and rude to say that making Day 2 isn't an accomplishment for a player. It is not easy to get even that far, and a small minority of players in the overall event even win a single game on the second day. If someone is happy they made Day 2, let them be. It's something to be happy about.
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:33 PM

Sorry if i dont share your same foundess for participation trophies.

Old July 15th, 2016, 12:38 PM

Well, I'm glad you participated in this discussion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion