Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old September 18th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
SWAMPWALK: How would YOU do it?

-This thread is the second of a series-

Swampwalk is an ability from Magic: the Gathering
Quote:
Swampwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a Swamp.)
My first draft of this power conversion continued the offensive theme.
1) If the attacking figure is on a swamp space and the defending figure is on a swamp space, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice.

The power worked, but with AotP comes new dynamics: movement. The power clearly says Walk in it. This should be a movement power.
My second draft was a limited Phantom Walk; to pay homage I also split the word in two.

2)SWAMP WALK
Bog Raiders can move through all figures on swamp spaces and can't be attacked with leaving-engagement attacks when on swamp spaces.

So how would YOU do it?

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 18th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: SWAMPWALK: How would YOU do it?

I would say Phantom Walk (no disengage, pass through opponent's figs) + Road bonus (+3 movement) when on Swamp or Swamp Water. Maybe even add a defense bonus (roll 1 extra Toughness die or an auto-shied) when on Swamp/Swamp Water.
Old September 18th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I would say Phantom Walk (no disengage, pass through opponent's figs) + Road bonus (+3 movement) when on Swamp or Swamp Water. Maybe even add a defense bonus (roll 1 extra Toughness die or an auto-shied) when on Swamp/Swamp Water.
I thought of those same things! I didn't know if it was "too much".

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 19th, 2015, 10:31 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I would go with the Marro Drudge style Swamp Water Tunnel.

You could modify so the figure did not take engagement attacks.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d.php?p=375270
Old September 19th, 2015, 11:39 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I interpret the "Landwalk" abilities as evasion. Which thematically, means they blend into their environment. Phantom Walk on swamp grass and water seems great.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old September 19th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd probably take a bit of a twist on it and give. Give a bonus both to swamp - as suggested - and against Black creatures - as the original MtG power suggests.

SWAMPWALK
This figure rolls 1 additional attack die when occupying a Swamp or Swamp Water space or when attacking a Black Creature.

The "walk" bit no longer makes much sense, but personally I'd rather capture the mechanical feel than the literal theme of the power.
Old October 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

how about like earth elemental's underground movement, but with swamp/swamp water and disengage:
SWAMPWALK
Instead of moving normally with an [figure], you may immediately place it on any empty swamp or swampwater space that is within 5 spaces of that [figure]. If an [figure] is engaged when it starts its Swampwalk, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender