Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
Ok read it, so it was discussed, leap frogging, and it does seem like it would be something that wouldn't be allowed in a tourny setting but they never wrote it as an official rule? So it can be allowed in fun casual play? Thats cool, thanks cav.
Why would it have to be written as a rule.

Rule number 1 - All single spaced figures, upon entering a water space, must immediately stop movement (unless a power allows water movement).

Rule number 2 - No figures may occupy the same space as another figure.

Those two rules prevent leap frogging, entirely within the framework of the rules supplied. Why would you need a third rule to combine rules 1 and 2?

EDIT: Just read your very first post regarding this - your problem came from the ignoring the rules regarding water movement. Being allowed to walk through your unengaged figures does not allow you to disregard all other movement rules - they are to be used in conjunction with each other, not in spite of the others.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have a question....????

Why do people feel the need to question the rules of the game when it is written clearly in the rulebook, confirmed by experienced players, playtesters, and sometimes the designers themselves?

I ask this because I have been following a thread over at BBG where someone just HAD to have Truth's response to a gameplay question about Summoner Wars. They even argued with Jexik.

/rant

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:48 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Thank you JsChild, that is the most eloquent, competent, and non rude, understanding of rules. The rules should work in conjunction with each other not in spite of each other.

I whole heartedly agree, however there are people like my friend who is a rules lawyer. Great enduring games have unarguable clear concise rules, like checkers, or chess, monopoly, the rules never change unless it is a special edition or new edition, and some of the rules are written a bit redundant, that would be for the rules lawers. If it leaves something implied or up to the players interpretation, it leaves room for arguement.

In the case of water movement, the single spaced figure has to stop movement upon entering water, but not a double spaced figure moving over a single water space. If the player had put a single spaced person in the water and then moved a double spaced figure through him on his next turn, it would have been legal. The player who did the singles moving through each other used this in thier argument: If the game is using fantasy then my second figure is stepping on the shoulders of the first to walk over the water to the other side. Believe me we laughed and did not think this was allowed but it made the game move along and we allowed it.

We will not in the future.

Again I really like the way you put it JsC, in conjunction with each other, not in spite. Thats how the entire game should go with all characters. I truly like that. Again thank you and who knows one day you may see me again at Pet shop Comics.
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:55 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

In that case it involves a 3rd rule. Namely double space figures can only end movement on two same-level spaces. All of the relevant rules have to be followed for the move to be legal.
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Ok, my brother is being anal about this because he refuses to believe the card, and I can't find it in the FAQ's, yadayadayada, here goes.
If Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider attacks Charos with a normal attack, and rolls no skulls, and the person controlling Charos is SMART enough to still roll defense dice, and Charos rolls 4 shields, can counterstrike still take effect? WHEW, long winded.
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Ok, my brother is being anal about this because he refuses to believe the card, and I can't find it in the FAQ's, yadayadayada, here goes.
If Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider attacks Charos with a normal attack, and rolls no skulls, and the person controlling Charos is SMART enough to still roll defense dice, and Charos rolls 4 shields, can counterstrike still take effect? WHEW, long winded.
Short-winded answer: Yes.

Last edited by ollie; June 1st, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Not short-winded enough...
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Slightly longer answer, to convince a brother: the game rules in the rule books, list "rolling defense dice" as a part of every turn (even if unnecessary and usually skipped in real play); that's where the counter-strike kicks in, of course. Check the rulebook.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:33 AM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Thats what I said. Boy has a thick skull, bless him. Thanks.
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anyone know where Einar originated from? I need the info for a fan fic. Thanks.
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM

All I know is that his territory includes Lindsfarme... I think...
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Who gets the points? If your hero's are hybridized with lycanthropy, and your opponnent is the only one with a werewolf lord at the end of the game, who gets to count the points for the hybrids?

Suicide by lava. Can you make a figure you have taken control of , through any means, go against its nature and jump into a molten lava pit, thusly destroying it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's