Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 29th, 2024, 03:18 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Congrats @Sheep !
Old February 29th, 2024, 03:56 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congrats Sheep!
Old February 29th, 2024, 05:11 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congratulations, Sheep! A very worthy induction!
Old February 29th, 2024, 06:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Woo-hoo, go @Sheep !
Old February 29th, 2024, 06:54 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Thank you all! I'm super proud that Yngvild Pass is my 1st map to achieve this cartographic accolade. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been hoping for this day for a long time. Maybe it'll be the last, maybe it won't. I'm not sure where things will go from here. But I'm excited for whatever adventures come next, especially seeing the horizon of new 'Scape and new terrain sets!

I owe a shout out to superfrog, who helped in cleaning up some of the preliminary versions of Yngvild (the level 2 snow and encouraging me to get the glyphs up to level 2).

Special thank-yous to superfrog (again), foudzing, 1Mmirg, and dok for your votes this time around. It's always a pleasure to read each of your insightful reviews.

Thank you superfrog (and again) and OEAO for your votes the first time around. OEAO, I apologize for my behavior following your vote. I'll be honest that I'm personally still not sure about 75% of the review but the other 25% was helpful in achieving this version, so thank you for your consideration. I did miss having you vote this time around, although understandably.

Speaking of help in achieving this version, massive, humongous, GIGANTIC shout out and appreciation to @GameBear , who during my dumpster fire was able to listen to me and show me how to utilize the left over 7-hex rock to fill in arguably the most controversial potholes on the old map, which in doing so opened up the ice tiles to be able to add the extra spaces to the glyph areas while maintaining the outside aesthetics.

And as always, thanks to all of you who have played games on Yngvild and shown your support for the last year and a half. None of this is possible without the players and the TDs showing their love.

This induction belongs mostly to each of you. Congratulations!
Old March 11th, 2024, 01:11 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Pigeonhole

I would like to nominate Pigeonhole by @Sheep to Wargrounds of Scape. Specifically, the Treasure variant used at HexiCon II. The placement of the Treasure glyphs was chosen by Sheep.

All the events the Treasure variant was played at are shown below:

https://heroscape.org/map/view/?HeroscapeMap=225

Build Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyw...riAwMxD7B/view
Old March 11th, 2024, 01:15 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, I have a couple other nominations I'm considering, but I'm waiting for map feedback from HexiCon II attendees before I do so. I had this one planned before HexiCon II itself.
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:29 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Pigeonhole

I would like to nominate Pigeonhole by @Sheep to Wargrounds of Scape. Specifically, the Treasure variant used at HexiCon II. The placement of the Treasure glyphs was chosen by Sheep.

All the events the Treasure variant was played at are shown below:

https://heroscape.org/map/view/?HeroscapeMap=225

Build Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyw...riAwMxD7B/view
Excellent nomination Tommy!

Old March 14th, 2024, 06:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Odin Wept by Typhon

I'll keep this one fairly brief because most of what I have to say has been covered by the other three reviews. This is a very solid map that shows off Typhon's characteristic ability to get the most out of limited terrain. The middle is very dynamic, difficult to clog up while offering lots of ways to advance. I've seen every perch on this map used in multiple games.

The largest source of concern I've seen is the level 2 behind the big glacier used as a bit of a hiding spot for more defensive armies. However on the whole I think the map strongly rewards the aggressive player, so giving players a little spit of level 2 to defend that's not exposed to level 3 doesn't swing things the other way at all.

Anyway, YES to induct.
Old March 15th, 2024, 12:02 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Congrats @Typhon2222 ! Odin Wept has been one of my favorite maps as of recent, very happy to see its induction here.
Old March 15th, 2024, 01:16 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Odin Wept is my favorite map, and it is the only map I'd give a 10/10. There isn't a single aspect of it that is improvable IMO- a truly singular feat. Congratulations Typhon, and thanks for designing such an impressive map!
Old March 15th, 2024, 10:11 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, Odin Wept made it in!

It's a great honor indeed to have a map ushered into the WoS.
Huge thanks here are due the judges, for all they do on behalf of our community.

And a toast to @GameBear , @OEAO , @superfrog , @Flash_19 , and @Dysole , for all their feedback along the way and their suggestions for improvement. Most of my maps feel like collaborative projects by the end, and if they ever turn out successfully, that's the reason why. Odin Wept is no different. So, thank you, good people. I owe you lots.

An additional shout-out here goes to @GameBear , because Odin Wept was inspired by his map Contrast. I'd never thought about combining BftU, VW, and TT until I saw Contrast. And Odin Wept steals two elements of Contrast's basic architecture that I loved: its central 4-hex glacier, and the idea of propping up the 24-hex dungeon plate on a 7-hex rock slab in the SZ.

Finally.... @OEAO , I have to say it again here: after the first version of Odin Wept crashed and burned at ScapeCon '22, I had given up on it as a lost cause. It was only your encouragement that convinced me to revisit and tweak the map, and eventually submit it to the WoS. This makes you, sir, the map's godfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Congrats @Typhon2222 ! Odin Wept has been one of my favorite maps as of recent, very happy to see its induction here.
Thanks @Shurrig !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Odin Wept is my favorite map, and it is the only map I'd give a 10/10. There isn't a single aspect of it that is improvable IMO- a truly singular feat. Congratulations Typhon, and thanks for designing such an impressive map!
There is no higher praise one could hope for.

Last edited by Typhon2222; March 16th, 2024 at 12:46 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios