Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old December 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Wow. That card design is gorgeous...
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I wonder if there will be any Jungle Elves with the chance of multiple attacks. Hmmm.
Yes indeed. His power almost suggests that there could be JE units that get to attack or activate multiple times. Good hunch.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Thanks for thinking so. Concept was lush and vibrant jungle greens, with a deep brown and bright orange for complimentary balance. Kept with brighter tones overall so as to help stand apart from the other factions, much the same way I did with the Vanguard cards.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Thanks for thinking so. Concept was lush and vibrant jungle greens, with a deep brown and bright orange for complimentary balance. Kept with brighter tones overall so as to help stand apart from the other factions, much the same way I did with the Vanguard cards.
You designed them!

I must say, the best looking guys you've made were the Guardian Knights, they are what tempted me to buy the Vanguard faction, and now it's one of my favorites.
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Both of the new factions are being goaded to war. The previous factions have apparently been at war for a long time, but these new factions are being drawn in, by hook or by crook. How interesting.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You designed them!

I must say, the best looking guys you've made were the Guardian Knights, they are what tempted me to buy the Vanguard faction, and now it's one of my favorites.
I can't take credit for the character art. The Guardian Knights you mention were illustrated by John Ariosa. The visuals for the cards is really a team effort, and often times people group together the roles of graphic designer and illustrator. On occasion, these are one in the same. However, in the instance of this game, they are divided up into myself (graphic designer) and the illustrators Colby commissions for the character art.

The work-flow when putting together the cards goes something like this:

1. A faction and their theme is given to me. Based on those elements, as well as the direction Colby wants to take the faction visually, I come up with a selection of color palettes each composed of five swatches. I try to offer Colby a nice range to choose from, describing for each the reasoning behind the palettes.

2. Once a palette is selected, Colby sends that to the illustrator so he has a color base from which to create the character art. At that point, I'll either wait to see how the illustrator uses the colors before designing a faction card, or begin to design the card and tweak colors should my color placement on the cards clash too much with the final character art once the illustrations have been given the okay by Colby.

3. Based on the aformentioned faction theme and direction, I'll design the faction logo, as well as come up with a summoning stone texture again based on the theme and character of the faction.

4. Once Colby approves a base color design for the faction card, I then prepare templates for the rest of the cards for the faction: card back, event cards, wall card, and reference card.

5. From there, it's a matter of placing the character art, stats, text, and abilities, going through a proofing process, finalizing the cards, and then uploading them to the server of the printer.

6. During all of that, I also design the tuck boxes and point of purchase displays.

Having done this for a while now, we have a really good system down when designing art for the new factions. And let me tell you, there is a LOT of really cool stuff coming from PHG.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Oh, I got mixed up, hex.

Well tell Ariosa that the Guardian Knights on of the best drawings he's done.

And what other games besides SWs is PHGs getting ready to reveal? Can to spill?
Old December 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Also, Gary Simpson does some of the newer illustrations, like some of the elf and Human females in the Reinforcements, and the Cloaks and Jungle Elves.

To your question:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/5786...laid-hat-games

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

That was interesting hextr1p. I always love to hear the behind the scenes stuff for the board games, video games, and movies that I enjoy.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I have a quick question that I would appreciate an answer for. Would storing my Summoner Wars decks in boxes like this be a good idea? Any help you give me is great.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
I have a quick question that I would appreciate an answer for. Would storing my Summoner Wars decks in boxes like this be a good idea? Any help you give me is great.
You could probably fit three or four decks in one of those boxes. Or one deck plus dice & life tokens, but that would be loose. Two decks, dice, and tokens might fit, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can't see anything that would make it a bad idea (unless the dimensions are wrong). But if you have a little patience, and cardstock paper, you can print off the tuckboxes that Cavalier put together on BGG.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games