Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 22nd, 2022, 03:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Delta: latest updates and discussion

After posting it also occurred to me that the Delta Cheese meta still seemed pretty similar to what we typically see. There weren't a lot of non traditional competitive armies in the mix, so it's not surprising that the ones that ended up in the finals were also pretty familiar.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2022, 07:15 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been discussing this a lot in the Utah Monthly Tournament Discord, and @BiggaBullfrog suggested that I comment in here about it.

Obsidian Guards 75 -> 60
Why are the Obsidian Guards still so expensive? To compare to another terrain themed squad, the Dzu-Tah are better, and more consistent, and they are only 60. I don't see how they could be reasonably priced any higher than the Dzu-Teh. I've not seen anyone run them recently, and I've tried fitting them into armies, but even on purely lava maps, there's just better options for 75 points. Do we really think they are equivalent to Varkaanan Blade Dancers, Horned Skull Brutes, and Marro Stingers? How about the 65 point Roman Legionaries? Are they really better than them? Yeah they have better raw stats than Romans, but Romans have so much synergy, and an extra figure per squad to make up for that.
Old November 8th, 2022, 05:54 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Manauvi and Arktos are both 100 points. It seems to me that Manauvi is still just a little overpriced (I don't think he's better than Crixus) and Arktos is possibly still a. Little underpriced. Either way it seems wrong that they have the same cost. It also seems wrong that Bahadur is still more expensive than Arktos.

--
--
--

--
Old November 16th, 2022, 10:44 AM

I played Denrick with the knights recently. It still feels like there's rarely a reason to take him over most of the other champion options and he seems worse than Martial La Hire (who is in the ballpark of 50 points). Does Denrick become desirable for the Knights or Macdirks at 75 points? 65?

--
--
--

--
Old November 23rd, 2022, 08:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

We’re pleased to announce the November update to the Delta Pricing system. There are 31 cards with price adjustments, plus we’ve added Delta prices for all the Marvel heroes.

You can view the spreadsheet HERE, and I imagine the builder on heroscape.org will be updated within a few days.

Here’s a summary of the changes, broken down into some categories:

Good stuff is still really good, continued
Spoiler Alert!

Raelin could probably go to 150 and she would still see play. She will see play even when overpriced because she is often the most logical add due to universal synergy. The goal is not to make her overpriced, but 135 is not overpriced.

The Raelin bump hurts Nilf a good bit, but the whole package costing 25 more feels reasonable, honestly. With greenscales going down in the last update, and deservedly so, the best uniques need to bear more of the cost. The same goes for Quahon - I have a hard time justifying more than a 5 point gap between the best dragons, even with spiders nerfed in Delta VC.

The oops files, and/or faction reapportionments
Spoiler Alert!

Only a few cards (Deathcommander, Kiova, and Bahadur) are actually bouncing back towards their classic price, but in each case they are part of a larger reassessment of the faction. Kiova is taking a bit more of the price from the now-cheaper Imperium. Arktos has been the value hero pick for the Varks for a while, so we’re adjusting based on that. The Deathborg faction has remained weak in Delta, so we’re giving a discount, and that discount gets even steeper for 9k in classic, where his range boost is much less significant.

Make Mine Marvel!
Spoiler Alert!

The other 5 Marvel heroes enter Delta at their standard prices.

Metagame Beneficiaries
Spoiler Alert!

Cheaper Death Knights and a generally more leveled-out meta made Azazel too good of a value engine - he almost always came back once and that’s all it takes for him to earn his points. Warriors of Ashra benefit from less prevalent special attacks and a more melee-friendly meta.

Common Discount bin
Spoiler Alert!

The Kyrie squads (including the previously mentioned Einar Imperium) all take a small discount. Nottingham Brigands take a small discount due to underperforming. Obsidian Guards are still priced for their performance on VW maps but at 65 they are still probably conservatively priced. Swong Riders have been a consistent underperformer for a long time on modern maps and are probably overdue for a discount.

Unique discount bin
Spoiler Alert!

Skahen, Syvarris, and Nakitas all take a slight discount to put their prices more in line with the Krav/Airborne/Marro Warriors. The three most underperforming unique melee squads all take a price cut, with the NotNW’s cut only applying in classic when Kantono isn’t around. Parmenio is a fair bit worse in Delta where there’s no underpriced Raelin to discipline, and Migol suffers by comparison to the other Dwarf heroes. The rest are a series of smaller discounts (well, other than Dupuis’s) for some relatively weak standalone heroes.

---

Thanks to everyone who gives feedback; at this
Old November 24th, 2022, 12:53 AM

I am stumped that the Deepwyrm Drow remain at 70 points.

--
--
--

--
Old November 24th, 2022, 08:28 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good changes! There's one in particular that I'm curious about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 150 -> 175
Could you provide a bit more explanation regarding this one? I am aware that death knights with Azazel won Season 48. However, I have no idea how Azazel actually performed in practice because @Dachshund never wrote a single battle report for any of his games. (Despite emerging as the champion). Was Azazel's performance really that strong to justify a 25 point increase?

Also, the last line of your post appears to be cut off; it just reads "Thanks to everyone who gives feedback; at this".

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Last edited by Grey Waves; November 24th, 2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fixed tag
Old November 24th, 2022, 08:35 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
There's one in particular that I'm curious about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 150 -> 175
Could you provide a bit more explanation regarding this one? I am aware that death knights with Azazel won Season 48. However, I have no idea how Azazel actually performed in practice because @Dachshund never wrote a single battle report for any of his games. (Despite emerging as the champion). Was Azazel's performance really that strong to justify a 25 point increase?
I'd probably attribute 15 points of the increase to missing value at the previous point total & 10 points of the increase to the 'bad metagame' figure tax (a la Deadeye Dan). Basically some uber-high variance figures have gotten hit with that tax because them being 'equally viable' isn't super-great for the meta.

Thanos' initial rating is also somewhat reflective of that tax, fyi.
Old November 24th, 2022, 09:57 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love the updated changes. Every Delta update makes my day!
Old November 25th, 2022, 02:01 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I am stumped that the Deepwyrm Drow remain at 70 points.
Should probably be like 55 though. They're only okay vs all hero armies, and pretty bad vs squads.
Old November 25th, 2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Should probably be like 55 though. They're only okay vs all hero armies, and pretty bad vs squads.
Interesting. They were 70 before the update. Dok must have forgot to call out that change. I could see them as low as 45 or 50. But 55 seems like it would be an improvement.

--
--
--

--
Old November 25th, 2022, 11:11 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

are these changes reflected in the army builder software? Thanks for all of this!

yep, they are! thanks!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions