Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Gotcha. Ya'd think I'd know better by now.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 23rd, 2015, 11:44 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I do find Scientist a weird class for Excalibur Commander though. I really only know him from the Claremont run on Excalibur, but I don't remember any connections to scientists.
I guess with Captain Britain himself changed to a Protector, now, the only links are his associations with Ant-Man and Black Knight. That's probably not, by himself, really enough to justify the extra word.

Cutting the 14 scientists does tighten it up quite a bit. That leaves the dozen Protectors/Recluses, and the mutant telepaths (8 uniques plus the 5 cuckoos).
After sleeping on it, I decided this change makes sense. It's now just Protectors, Recluses, and Mutant Telepaths.

Possible ways to simplify it further, and their effects:
  • Make it Mutant-only across the board (i.e. "Mutant who is a Protector, Recluse, or Telepath"). This gets rid of Angel, Genis-Vell, Cloak, Falcon, Iron Man III, Obsidian, Red Tornado, and Witchblade. I actually like the theme on those, but Red Tornado is really good in bonding builds (as Mad Thinker has shown) so I'm slightly concerned.

That said, I'm not sure this version is actually simpler. Also, while this is more a theme concern than a mechanical problem, it would mean Meggan can't copy Captain Britain and bond with him using Excalibur Command. All in all, I don't think this change is worth it.

• Remove the Mutant restriction (i.e. "Protector, Recluse, or Telepath"). There are actually only six non-Mutant Telepaths. Two of them are Metahumans, and both Gypsy and Manchester Black seem like they would fit quite well in Excalibur. Two are Simians, and while that's weird neither would present an issue. But the last two are Martians, and Martian Manhunter would be really powerful in this build. That said, I'm not sure it's any worse than Ms. Marvel with Martain Manhunter already is. It would be worth looking at, I guess.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would leave as many options as possible to start. They can be trimmed as needed.
I have a feeling this design will have a strong showing next time around.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I would drop the mutant restriction too for now and let people try to break it in testing. It it proves too strong to have Martian Manhunter & Red Tornado in his armies then a change can be made. I'd even consider putting scientist back in just because Black Knight needs some love and is a good fit from a theme stand point.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:14 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I would drop the mutant restriction too for now and let people try to break it in testing. It it proves too strong to have Martian Manhunter & Red Tornado in his armies then a change can be made. I'd even consider putting scientist back in just because Black Knight needs some love and is a good fit from a theme stand point.
Sounds reasonable. Honestly, Red Tornado is probably fine; he just combos especially well in Mad Thinker builds. Manhunter is more of a concern; he's so clutch in a build like this that relies on proper spacing.

I'm leaning towards reducing the range on Excalibur Commander down from 8 spaces to 4 or 5, in part because I'm worried about Cable.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 06:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Just a thought, but would it be thematic to tie the Command and Self-Doubt powers together? Like he couldn't use the Command power if he had all three Doubt markers or something. Seems like it would be a fun way to limit the Command a tad, which would make it easier to allow the full range of bonding options.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 24th, 2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Just a thought, but would it be thematic to tie the Command and Self-Doubt powers together? Like he couldn't use the Command power if he had all three Doubt markers or something. Seems like it would be a fun way to limit the Command a tad, which would make it easier to allow the full range of bonding options.
I had considered a "if three Doubt markers are on this card, Captain Britain cannot use any other special powers on this card". It does seem like a pretty straightforward and thematic way to limit him. I'll mull over adding it in for now, but either way it's definitely one to keep in mind.

On a "I should update my sortable spreadsheet" note, I realized that Sersi can be activated by Captain Britain. Again, Ms. Marvel exists and is probably going to be more nasty than Cap Britain with most of these heavy hitter builds, so I'm not going to freak out about this stuff. Still, that's a pretty hefty hero to toss in the mix.
Old June 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

After finishing my last playtest I had some ideas on some JSA characters I'll post some throughout the day.
Sandman

Sandman
Secret Identity: Wesley Dobbs

Species - Human
Uniqueness - Unique Hero
Class - Mystery Man
Personality - Disturbed

Size/Height - Medium 5

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 4
ATTACK - 4
DEFENSE - 4

GAS GUN
After moving and instead of attacking you may use Sandman's Gas Gun. Choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher remove one unrevealed Order Marker from that figure's card.

WIREPOON GUN
Instead of his normal move, Sandman may use his Wirepoon Gun. Wirepoon Gun has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Wirepoon Gun, ignore elevations. Sandman may move over water without stopping, move over figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins. Sandman may not move more than 30 levels up or down in a single Wirepoon Gun. If Sandman is engaged when he starts to Wirepoon Gun, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PROPHETIC DREAMS
At the start of a round before Order Markers are placed, you may place the Dream Marker on this card. While the Dream Maker is on this card Sandman adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled and he cannot be targeted for a normal non-adjacent attack. At the end of the round roll one unblockable attack die against Sandman and remove the Dream Marker from this card.

Public Designs

Last edited by bsbush7690; June 26th, 2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:23 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

Heres another

STARGIRL
SECRET IDENTITY - COURTNEY WHITMORE

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY - ENTHUSIASIC

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 3
DEFENSE - 4

JUSTICE SOCIETY SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Mystery Man or Protégé you control and taking a turn with that Mystery Man or Protégé, if Stargirl is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Mystery Man or Protégé, you may take an immediate turn with Stargirl, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

YELLOW STELLAR BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.

When attacking with this special attack, Androids roll 2 less defense dice.

FORCE FIELD DEFLECTION
Stargirl may choose one adjacet friendly figure. When Stargirl or the chosen figure is attacked by a normal non-adjacent attack one shield will block all damage.

FLYING

Public Designs
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:30 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690 View Post
Heres another

STARGIRL
SECRET IDENTITY - COURTNEY WHITMORE

SPECIES - HUMAN
UNIQUENESS - UNIQUE HERO
CLASS - SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY - ENTHUSIASIC

LIFE - 4
MOVE - 5
RANGE - 1
ATTACK - 3
DEFENSE - 4

JUSTICE SOCIETY SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Mystery Man or Protégé you control and taking a turn with that Mystery Man or Protégé, if Stargirl is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Mystery Man or Protégé, you may take an immediate turn with Stargirl, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Range 5. Attack 4.

When attacking with this special attack, Androids roll 2 less defense dice.

FORCE FIELD DEFLECTION
Stargirl may choose one adjacet friendly figure. When Stargirl or the chosen figure is attacked by a normal non-adjacent attack one shield will block all damage.

FLYING
Now here's a question about this design: why would you choose to use her normal attack (with it's range of one and one less attack dice), compared to her special? For me, it would always be the special, there's no downside.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Yeah I thought about that and switching the numbers making the special be 3 and the normal 4. The staff she holds is the source of her powers and abilities. She is able to release energy blasts from it, they also have solar capabilities which effect Kryptonians, she can do red and yellow blasts.

Public Designs
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Range 5. Attack 4.
When attacking with this special attack, Androids roll 2 less defense dice. Star Girl can't use this power if she is engaged with one or more enemy figures.

does that help?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy