Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 4th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

I don't feel like the terrain stuff in the Dinosaurs bucket fits the style of Heroscape very well. I have a similar problem with most custom terrain posted on the forums, but that stuff isn't mine, and I don't play with it, so it doesn't matter how I feel about it. I have even used stuff that didn't fit the style when I was younger, and I think it's fine if people want to use whatever they want as custom stuff. But if we are going be adding anything that will unofficially official through the C3V, I would want it to look like something that would have been officially made for the game. The walls that come with the confrontation stuff, I think is of a high enough quality, but it's also not in production anymore, so I would find it unlikely that the C3V would use it.

I love the idea of overhangs in heroscape. Little crevices where melee figures can hide and run along to get close to Range without being in line of sight. Bridges are a good way of doing this I think, and I would like to see things similar to this if there were ever anything added.

Pictures by Ch1can0

Beyond that, new types of trees could be pretty cool, if we could find, or make something that looks good enough. Cactus could be interesting. Anything that augments heroscape in a simple way, but don't hurt melee figures too badly.
Old March 6th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of a covered bridge, Leaf It. That would add something interesting to game play without being just another obstacle for the knights to have to circumvent.

I have less interest in things that offer only cosmetic changes, or don't have some thematic mechanic to go with them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Today, I picked up this, uh, lovely lady:

I wasn't certain if she (I think) was an established custom or not though. The figure looks really familiar to me but I didn't come across her looking through the index thread.

Unless I'm not seeing one that already exists it would be nice to get a list of all the figures used (with pictures). Maybe someday when I've got a couple hours to kill.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 12th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post

I wasn't certain if she (I think) was an established custom or not though. The figure looks really familiar to me but I didn't come across her looking through the index thread.

Unless I'm not seeing one that already exists it would be nice to get a list of all the figures used (with pictures). Maybe someday when I've got a couple hours to kill.
Interesting. We haven't used her in the past, nor have we announced any intention to use that mini.

She is charming, isn't she? Looks like Heroclix. What mini is it, if you know?

= =
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Interesting. We haven't used her in the past, nor have we announced any intention to use that mini.

She is charming, isn't she? Looks like Heroclix. What mini is it, if you know?
That's a HorrorClix Hook figure. Availability might be an issue.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 12th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, yeah. I think we did use some Horrorclix stuff, once upon a time. I know it was promising for us. Shame it was discontinued.

= =
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:09 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Horrorclix has got a lot of great minis, it is a shame that they aren't made anymore... I think that sentiment is shared with a lot of miniatures games though.

I guess that just means I'll have to make her something. Watch out! Another great Dr. G custom coming at'cha!

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:26 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

C3G is using that figure. It's one of the Arkham Inmates.

Perhaps that's where you've seen it.

Last edited by bmon; March 12th, 2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Fixing auto-correct
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:54 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

C3G is using that figure. It's one of the Arkham Inmates.

Perhaps that's where you've seen it.

Oh, that's probably it. I haven't looked through a ton of C3G, but Arkham starts with an 'A' so I probably looked at it.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; March 25th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old March 13th, 2017, 06:24 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Browsing D&D minis, I found that there are other Warforged besides the sculpts used for Heirloom and Warforged Soldiers. They are Warforged Scout, Warforged Bodyguard, Warforged Infiltrator, and Hammerer (no Warforged prefix for him). They all look great. Has anyone ever tried to make a new common Warforged squad (though the Infiltrator has a crossbow, while the others look like melee fellas) from these at all? There seems to be a fair amount of them available too.
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:30 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

On the idea of creating a new master set. Each master set has come out with a unique terrain piece that stands out from everything else. RotV was the original. SotM has swamp water and the hive. FotA has road and wall and battlements and a door. TT has glaciers and ice and snow. VW had lava. RttFF has a bridge and pine trees. TJ has bushes and jungle trees. The only set that didnt realy give us anything new was BftU because we already had rock/ice formations and the shadow is kinda cool but not really that valuable. So the creater of the new master set would need to come up with a unique idea that would greatly effect the game, but also be simple enough to want to use. It would need to bring things to a map that couldnt be built with any other set. Perhaps a desert master set that would bring like sand tiles that make sand storms. And more pieces fo sand cause the master set doesnt give to many or size 24 tiles. Maybe some cactus, and like two coconut trees for an oasis. Then it would have to bring in characters that are map specific. Like the obsidian guardians or the yeties.
Old March 13th, 2017, 11:04 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Browsing D&D minis, I found that there are other Warforged besides the sculpts used for Heirloom and Warforged Soldiers. They are Warforged Scout, Warforged Bodyguard, Warforged Infiltrator, and Hammerer (no Warforged prefix for him). They all look great. Has anyone ever tried to make a new common Warforged squad (though the Infiltrator has a crossbow, while the others look like melee fellas) from these at all? There seems to be a fair amount of them available too.
Just FYI -- that Warforged Scout is cheap but really tiny. Like, height 2. I bought a few to make proxy Warforged Soldiers and was pretty surprised!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs