Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 28th, 2015, 05:57 PM

DoomHobo Woo who?
Petition Hasbro/WotC to reboot Heroscape?

Has this community ever organized a petition to Hasbro and/or Wizards of the Coast to reboot Heroscape? Does anyone here think that could potentially even work? I mean if they have a series of thousands of people contacting them, inquiring about bringing back the game you'd think they would at least start a Kickstarter or something to gauge how many people would actually put money into the idea. I'd totally be willing to donate 60 some dollars to get the game back up and running and maybe receive a second edition Rise of the Valkyrie set or something.
Old June 28th, 2015, 06:03 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Petition Hasbro/WotC to reboot Heroscape?

It's been done multiple times and it has never really worked.

I personally don't see anymore use in trying when we have amazing custom projects like C3V and SoV that contribute to the continuation of HeroScape. We're doing good IMO .
Old June 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Meanwhile at Hasbro, they are saying, "We are giving them Heroscape 2.0 in the Magic the Gathering Boardgame, what else do they want?"
Old June 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM

DoomHobo Woo who?

Ah, I see. The custom projects seem like a great way to breathe new life into Heroscape, but personally I would also love a way to purchase the original sets without having to spend insane amounts of money. Like a custom 3D printing service or something, but that's just a fantasy I suppose.
Old June 28th, 2015, 07:50 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Meanwhile at Hasbro, they are saying, "We are giving them Heroscape 2.0 in the Magic the Gathering Boardgame, what else do they want?"
True but I think that others will share my feelings when I say no matter how alike it is to 'scape it will never be Heroscape.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old June 29th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Quote:
True but I think that others will share my feelings when I say no matter how alike it is to 'scape it will never be Heroscape.
While others enjoy the game, thanking Hasbro for making a game similar to Heroscape, but leagues better.
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Quote:
Quote:
While others enjoy the game, thanking Hasbro for making a game similar to Heroscape, but leagues better.
Better? I highly doubt that.
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:11 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Hasbro, is just trying to fill Heroscape's slot with their new magic the gathering game, but it will never be the same...never.

By the way, welcome to the site @DoomHobo

H E R O S C A P E
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:27 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Better? I highly doubt that.
Better? Worse? It's subjective.

My point is, you can hate on a game that others may enjoy simply because you taste sour grapes and not mature enough to allow others to enjoy something you dont.

Or you could celebrate the FACT that Heroscape is back, even if it isn'tprecisely the way you wish it was.

*drops mic*
Old June 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomHobo View Post
Ah, I see. The custom projects seem like a great way to breathe new life into Heroscape, but personally I would also love a way to purchase the original sets without having to spend insane amounts of money. Like a custom 3D printing service or something, but that's just a fantasy I suppose.
Use proxys. The game plays exactly the same regardless of which minis you use. Unless you are using figures that are way out of proportion but there are plenty of cheap figures that are close or equal to the scale of Heroscape.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 29th, 2015, 02:03 PM

DoomHobo Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Use proxys. The game plays exactly the same regardless of which minis you use. Unless you are using figures that are way out of proportion but there are plenty of cheap figures that are close or equal to the scale of Heroscape.
Yeah thats what I plan on doing. I have a few star wars figurines that I'm printing out cards for, courtesy of this site, as well as a few Rise of the Valkyrie figures left over from my scattered out collection that I've salvaged. Im just blessed to have friends IRL that can bring huge tubs of figures and terrain. I guess I just want to feel like Im contributing when we have heroscape night, so I'll probably end up just printing a bunch of customs from the projects found on this site, and then buy assorted terrain on ebay.
Old June 29th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I suggest C3G. Over 600 designs and a lot of Heroclix figures are dirt cheap.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion