Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 5th, 2009, 01:56 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation
What wave had the biggest positive response?

I ask this as somewhat of a noob, because I've only been collecting this past year (even though my first RoTV was from the sparkle water days):

Which wave had the biggest raves here on heroscapers?

When I first started reading the posts here, I had no idea what a Deathreaver was or who Q19 was...of course, after collecting many of them I now know. I just wonder what the forum response was to those earlier waves, and which caused the most excitement.

I've only seem Wave 9's release since I've been here, and I can say for myself that it went over well, but the speculation was a lot bigger than the actual wave. Could be just me, but it also seems like the figures from wave 8 don't get a lot of press either (or wave 7, apart from some of the uniques, and the wicked awesome re-review of the Ashigarus!).

For myself, I'm thinking that waves three and four would have been a lot of fun to experience 'as it happened'. Plus the zombies from wave 6, they're just badass figures!

Is it just me, or do they all get more or less the same treatment on the forum, and time tells whether or not the units are effective?
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: What wave had the biggest positive response?

Well, I only got into the game in 2007, around the time Wave 6 came out, but I'd say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
Is it just me, or do they all get more or less the same treatment on the forum, and time tells whether or not the units are effective?
pretty much sums it up. Everyone gets really excited during the runup to a new wave, then it gets released and people start determining for themselves what they like and don't like about it.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; October 8th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:53 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been playing since a year after scape came out, but I've only been on the site for a year or 2 now. So from my experience, wave 8 was the most anticipated cause it took so long to get that wave.
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I joined around the same time that Sherman Davies did.

People seemed really excited about Wave 9, and there was a lot of excitement over Swarm of the Marro. The announcements of both the Marvel and D&D sets have been kind of divisive, but I wish it weren't so. Personally, I'm really pumped for the D&D waves, and think they will be the most groundbreaking stuff since waves 1&2.

But come to think of it, people were excited about Wave 8, TJ, and AA too. Pretty much everything (or news of anything) generates a lot of buzz and excitement around here, especially when that news becomes scarce.

If we got something new every 3 months, we'd probably still have some complainers and doom 'n gloomers trying to be heard over the many pleased players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The only way excitement for new stuff will die down is if 'Scape gets a new constant release structure like MTG.

Unfortunately, that would probably mean fewer reprints for new players and old players wanting extra commons.

If you want to know what wave had the most buzz, that's #5, no doubt.

The shelf was awesome. I still wish the 'Warmadillo' name someone came up with for the deathreavers would have stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 5th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart

i remember the forgotten forest expansion being really big along with whatever other stuff came out around then (was it wave 2 or 3?). anyway, both the forest and the large expansion seemed really hard to find at the time and EVERYBODY wanted the forest set in multiples. i have 10 of them now but i think i sold 5 of the first 6 i bought to people on the old .net site.

i think the fact that it all came out during the summer months added to the excitement.

next to that i think i was personally most excited about the ghosts and zombies wave (though i'm not excited about them anymore... the ghosts were a big let down).
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

I don't know about specific waves, but the Templar Cavalry were one of the most anticipated releases ever. There was a major debate as to how many were in a booster pack, based on a side-view of the package.

The castle set was a big deal too.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I would be totally happy with two waves per year. One is too few (not to mention not profitable enough) and more than that is overload...although maybe every five months wouldn't be too bad.

It would still be nice to see some large expansions released. Marvel reinforcements would be great, but just doesn't seem in the cards.

If HS became like Magic, though, as far as how often schedules releases occur...I wouldn't like it nearly as much. Most of those sets just try to patch up broken cards to begin with, and mimic each other far too much. If this happened in HS, you'd end up with a bunch of 'new' characters that were really rehashes of what we've already seen.

Magic is simply too much economics with too little reward for the gameplay. I used to LOVE Magic...during 95-97. Then it just got too nuts. I still own my old (useless in tournament play) cards...nothing very valuable though, except my Jester's Cap. Lol!
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:00 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The wave that capsized the SS Poseidon had the least positive response.

God bless Mrs Rosen
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My vote for best wave? Wave 9. Seriously, great stuff.
But most anticipated? I dunno, and you know how it is, I forget the excitement over earlier waves.
I do remember Wave 8+TJ+AA got a lot of buzz, but guess what? That's the second latest release.

Don't buy waves, buy expansions. Look at the Heroscape Power Rankings and the books to decide which expansions you like, and buy them.
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc
Don't buy waves, buy expansions. Look at the Heroscape Power Rankings and the books to decide which expansions you like, and buy them.
But what if you like it all? Do you buy a wave then? Seriously the collector in me wants everything, wave or expansion or add-on or special collection or whatever. If they make it I want it.

And every new release gets tons of press and buzz around here, the endless speculation on new releases is part of the reason I joined this site to begin with!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure about which wave had the most buzz from the fans since I joined this site shortly after wave 7, and joined the game between waves 5 and 6, but I personally got the most excitement from the marro master set. That huge awesome looking marro on the box may or may not have been the sole reason why.

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion