Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 15th, 2012, 08:24 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Question:

If Major Q9 (or other vision obstructed figure) is standing next to, inside of, but with his back to, a wall or battlement, can he use the alternate sight points on the wall or battlement to target someone behind him? As I read the "Line of sight marks" sections in the FotA and RttFF manuals, he would be able to do so.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Is there a quasi-official version of rules for the "Rescue Raelin" game format somewhere? I've heard it mentioned many times, but haven't been able to find anything.
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:53 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Is there a quasi-official version of rules for the "Rescue Raelin" game format somewhere? I've heard it mentioned many times, but haven't been able to find anything.
If you mean Capture Raelin, it started as an event at GenCon in 2008. I have no idea how or if people have run it anywhere since, but this is what GB and I came up with; you'll need to scroll down a bit as it a post for all of the 'scape events at GenCon that year.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18481

We had some sizable maps that year and we grouped them off such that the larger, longer maps could be used for this event. Smaller maps would probably not work well with this format.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; February 15th, 2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: map disclaimer
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Question:

If Major Q9 (or other vision obstructed figure) is standing next to, inside of, but with his back to, a wall or battlement, can he use the alternate sight points on the wall or battlement to target someone behind him? As I read the "Line of sight marks" sections in the FotA and RttFF manuals, he would be able to do so.

~Z
That would probably work. Good luck getting down from the battlement, though...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart

Hi, I ran into this issue in a game last night: My elementalist was standing up on a castle wall, and I had two of my characters on either side of him so there was no way to get adjacent to him. My opponent brought Cyprien around the back and stood next to the castle and attempted to attack the elementalist. I said he could not attack because the castle wall was higher than his height so they were not adjacent, but he insisted that a flying character could fly up and be adjacent, therefore he could attack.

I could've sworn that I had read a rule somewhere that no one with range 1 could attack a character whose base was higher up than his own height, but neither of us could find that exact wording anywhere... everything we found seemed up for interpretation.

Can someone here give me a ruling, and even better, cite a source that I can show to him? I lost the game because of that move and I suspect it was against the rules. Thanks guys
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Brandon, you were right. I can see however why the other guy thought, thematically, that he was right.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Advanced FAQs 13.4 UPDATED 10/6 - Hosted on Heroscapers - 791.8 KB
Quote:
How do you know if figures are adjacent when one figure is on a ledge?
If the base of the character on the ledge is equal to or higher than the height of the figure on the lower level they are NOT adjacent. Count only the sides of the hexes and not the top flat level when determining adjacency.
Quote:
Do you need Line of Sight when attacking an adjacent/engaged figure?
No, once you are engaged with a figure, you do not need line of sight.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonD View Post
Hi, I ran into this issue in a game last night: My elementalist was standing up on a castle wall, and I had two of my characters on either side of him so there was no way to get adjacent to him. My opponent brought Cyprien around the back and stood next to the castle and attempted to attack the elementalist. I said he could not attack because the castle wall was higher than his height so they were not adjacent, but he insisted that a flying character could fly up and be adjacent, therefore he could attack.

I could've sworn that I had read a rule somewhere that no one with range 1 could attack a character whose base was higher up than his own height, but neither of us could find that exact wording anywhere... everything we found seemed up for interpretation.

Can someone here give me a ruling, and even better, cite a source that I can show to him? I lost the game because of that move and I suspect it was against the rules. Thanks guys
RotV 2nd edition rulebook, page 12, example 14. It describes adjacency and shows Finn (height 5) unable to attack DW9K on a five height hex. The rules for flying are all found on the card and since it doesn't mention anything about attacking, flying figures attack as normal. Flying only affects movement.
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Advanced FAQs 13.4 UPDATED 10/6 - Hosted on Heroscapers - 791.8 KB
Quote:
How do you know if figures are adjacent when one figure is on a ledge?
If the base of the character on the ledge is equal to or higher than the height of the figure on the lower level they are NOT adjacent. Count only the sides of the hexes and not the top flat level when determining adjacency.
Quote:
Do you need Line of Sight when attacking an adjacent/engaged figure?
No, once you are engaged with a figure, you do not need line of sight.
Thanks for the comments. Yea we found some rules similar to the above rules, but we were still in dispute because even though it states the figure on the ledge is not adjacent, nowhere in the rules could we find the ruling that characters with range 1 MUST be adjacent to attack.

I was looking for both statements 1) Character on ledge above height is not adjacent, and 2) Characters with range 1 MUST be adjacent to attack - and we were unable to find that exact wording in the rulebooks we had.

But thanks you guys for the ruling, glad to know I was actually on the right side of the rulebook for once.
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonD View Post
Thanks for the comments. Yea we found some rules similar to the above rules, but we were still in dispute because even though it states the figure on the ledge is not adjacent, nowhere in the rules could we find the ruling that characters with range 1 MUST be adjacent to attack.

I was looking for both statements 1) Character on ledge above height is not adjacent, and 2) Characters with range 1 MUST be adjacent to attack - and we were unable to find that exact wording in the rulebooks we had.

But thanks you guys for the ruling, glad to know I was actually on the right side of the rulebook for once.
Its on page 13, under the bullet point for Range, its the second item.

"A figure with a Range of 1 can attack a figure only from an adjacent space."
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

How do you insert a link that will be constructed of words rather than a URL? For example, I link the Question Dump, and you click the words Question Dump to come to the Question Dump.

Thanks,
~SoA
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
How do you insert a link that will be constructed of words rather than a URL? For example, I link the Question Dump, and you click the words Question Dump to come to the Question Dump.

Thanks,
~SoA
Copy the URL of the link you want to direct to

Highlight the word you want to make a link

Then click

When the box open paste in the link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's