Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: Best Nightcrawler card. See current post
Nightcrawler 1 2 66.67%
Nightcrawler 2 1 33.33%
Nightcrawler 3 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Drewman-chu's Updated uncanny X-men Wolverine

Quote:
I think Regenerative Healing was better before, I know you mean either don't move or don't attack to use it, but it sounds like you can't do either in a turn, especially where in Heroscape language "or" is used to mean and sometimes.
I did try to change it to make it more clear. I do mean that in order to use his healing Wolverine cannot move or attack during his turn. This was to fix the problem on the first card that Wolverine had no way to heal if he was the last figure on your team. Is there a better way to word in Heroscape terms? The only way I want Wolverine to heal is by taking a turn with another figure or doing nothing with Wolverine.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; March 2nd, 2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I once made a power called FERAL TRACKING:

You may add 2 to [name]'s move as long as he ends his move adjacent to an opponent's figure with a wound marker on its Army Card.

Something like this might fit Wolvie better. But this is definitely a solid custom.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I am suprised that most of the Wolverine cards do not have any of his mutant special senses powers. I think healing, beserk rage and super senses are his 3 iconic powers.
Old February 28th, 2011, 11:45 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about: "Instead of moving or instead of attacking, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card."

Old March 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage921
I don't think Jungle Tracking fits Wolverine's theme at all. But I may be wrong. I think Weapon "X" Rage is good though,

It was nice seeing you again Drew.
Sorry I didn't give you a better game at Totalcon I was a little distracted but it was fun playing you. Now hate to call you out on your Wolverine knowledge, but from two different sources "Woverine is adept at tracking in jungles and forests " and "Wolverine is one of the worlds best trackers due to his super senses"
I believe you, I don't know much about Marvel anyways.

What were you playing? Was it the All Flying or No Flying tournament?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM

Both I played you in the all flying one. My army was the terrible one.
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Both I played you in the all flying one. My army was the terrible one.
The terrible one? I don't recall. I played a lot over the weekend and it's hard for me to remember who played what. Wait, did you have Cyprien, Sonya, Brandis, and someone else?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM

Yes
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:51 PM

The Wolverine vs. Wolverine Play test complete, the result was 3 to 3. It's evident that timing of attacks is key for both figures. I think my Wolverine is less order marker dependent and works better in a team. Point wise I am thinking 300 to 320.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; March 2nd, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Chu your one of my favorite designers, another day I may break this down further. Tiredness has come faster than I thought.
But some quick thoughts:
1. Defense 5 > Defense 4. As others have said, Wolverine gets reckless. Also 4 is still higher than normal human 3.
2. Regenerate - I'm not sure if I like encouraging turtling with Wolverine. More on this power later.
3. Jungle Tracking - I like that you make mention of his tracking skills. But, with Heroscape condense condense condense to the figure's most elegant form. Wolverine is always tracking and keeping his senses active, not just when around trees. His stat values represent the unspoken abilities. His tracking elements can translate to a permanent Move 6 or debatably 7 if you wish.
4. Double Assault could simply be Double Attack. There are currently only two things that can be attacked, destructible objects and figures: There isn't a need for clarification. Reducing the phrasing down to "When Wolverine attack, ..." is the same wording for Double Attack.
5. Weapon "X" Rage - I agree with you that having it for a whole round would be too powerful and even bad. Adding limitations adds value through forcing strategic decisions. Evar Scarcarver introduced a useful tech with his Rage ability. I like seeing it used in different variations on customs. With that said, your wording doesn't perfectly match his and should be edited to match.
6. I'm a little disappointed his Adamantium Claws are not represented somehow.

Thanks for the good read, goodnight.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; March 9th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the input Confred. I was trying to do a Wolverine that was a little different from all the others, which is hard because he is really popular. I was using the CG3 as a basis of what he should be. I address your points 1 by 1
1. Still working on what the number should be 4 or 5. Without constant healing 4 makes him very easy to hit and take out quickly. 5 gives him more staying power. As for 3 being normal human? Where did you see a listing of relative defense dice values?
2. I didn't want to have him heal every time he takes a turn so I went the other way. I wouldn't call it "turtling" but strategic resting and order maker placement. You really need to make some tactical decisions with him.
3. Your right Wolverine senses are always working but he can use the them more effectively in a jungle or forrest where he does his hunting.
4. I was on Evar Scarcarver's card so I just copied that. I did think it was odd to list destructable objects but I just figured it was the most current wording.
5. I did take Rage off his card but then had to change the wording to be a turn instead of the whole round. It seems clear to me.
6. His claws are in his stats of attack 5 and he has 2 sets so double attack. Of all Wolverines aspects I thinks his claws are best to build into his base stats because they are not any type of mutant power.

Last edited by Drewman-chu; March 3rd, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

4. The wording is slightly, minorly off from Evar. I am technically talking to my girlfriend right now so I won't type it out for you, but there are differences around the part where order markers are used.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations