Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM

bscox3 is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I attack die and she rolls her whole defense or 1 as well?
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscox3 View Post
If it is a leaving engagement attack, she rolls no defense at all.

It's not really an attack. If it helps, call it a "passing swipe."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No, there is no defense roll against leaving engagement attacks. A player rolls one die - if the result is a skull, the leaving figure takes a wound. That's it.

Please, please, please... read through the rulebook. The answer to everything you've asked is in there, and it's all written to be playable for ages 8 and up. I'm worried if you keep on like this people will start neg-repping you, if they haven't already.
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It really helps to call the roll-one-die-as-a-figure-disengages something other than an "attack". Passing Swipe or Disengagement Swipe, or Leaving Strike are all acceptable terms. It helps to avoid confusion because "attack" has a very specific meaning in Heroscape, and nothing that refers to "attack" ever applies to the Leaving Strike.

I like to think of it this way:
You are face to face with a dude with a sword in his hand and he just tried to hit you with it. If you are dumb enough to turn your back on him and walk away, he's going to take a swing at your back before you get too far away. He might hit you or he might not (50/50 in Heroscape), but nothing you do will affect whether he hits you or not - you aren't even looking at him any more, so you can't see what he's doing.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; January 21st, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM

Thanks Sherman. I did read it and had one verification question. I am only 7 and my dad helped me reply. If I ask any other questions that make you snicker just hit next. Thanks to everyone else that helped out on this.

One swiping attack to Sherman as he walks away.

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
It really helps to call the roll-one-die-as-a-figure-disengages something other than an "attack".

~Z
Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Dang! I'll have to get you later. The largest problem here is terminology. New players need clear and concise terms so that confusion and ambiguity is kept to a minimum.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Thanks Sherman. I did read it and had one verification question. I am only 7 and my dad helped me reply. If I ask any other questions that make you snicker just hit next. Thanks to everyone else that helped out on this.

How does a 7 year old have a wife?

Quote:
Hello all!

So quick back story. I found Hero Scape Rise at good will for $2.99 and thought what the hell. I am new to gaming so don't kill me here. i put together the first basic map last night and played a round with my wife. it seemed we moved and rolled one and if there was a hit you removed that character. it seemed kind of boring.

You guys tell me what i need to start doing and buying to kick things off right.

I should just build a master map and follow the missions to start? what if I buy more armies can I use those?

There is so much here on this site I feel lost where to start playing! Teach me my friends.

thanks in advance Billy

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:48 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:

How does a 7 year old have a wife?

Quote:
Hello all!

So quick back story. I found Hero Scape Rise at good will for $2.99 and thought what the hell. I am new to gaming so don't kill me here. i put together the first basic map last night and played a round with my wife. it seemed we moved and rolled one and if there was a hit you removed that character. it seemed kind of boring.

You guys tell me what i need to start doing and buying to kick things off right.

I should just build a master map and follow the missions to start? what if I buy more armies can I use those?

There is so much here on this site I feel lost where to start playing! Teach me my friends.

thanks in advance Billy
REALLY hoping it was the dad that posted that bit.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm sure it was. Just pointing out the confusing and contradictory posting habits he/they are displaying. I'm with Sherman on this, I wish the dad and son would read the rulebook together, along with the other great resources on the site, before asking questions like they have.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:14 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

I'm pretty sure bscox3 is an adult, and the 7-year-old comment was a sarcastic response to Sherman Davies pointing out that the rules were written for 8-year-olds.

I also agree with Sherman that perhaps bscox3 would have a better time of it if the rules had been read before playing and before posting basic questions.

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM

Yes it was a joke. So in the future if I read and play and am not clear in my own thought process I will not submit my ignorance to the genius of the question dump!
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yes it was a joke. So in the future if I read and play and am not clear in my own thought process I will not submit my ignorance to the genius of the question dump!
There's no need for that kind of response. Your questions are still welcome here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's