Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 12th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Colossus - Design Phase

It's not the velocity of the attack that does the damage. If so, then the thrown figure should roll for impact damage. Luckily, that's not how it works.
In the canon, he throws them as they are poised for the attack. The throw positions them in range that they normally wouldn't have reached or expected to reach. The +1 is more attributed to a surprise factor. (The velocity doesn't hurt though )

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

What do you think about making that last part of Fastball Special apply to "Fighters" instead of just Wolverine? That might open it up to a little "Heroscape quirkiness"?
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I thought I'd "throw" an idea out there to perhaps give Colossus's Fastball Special a little more use.

FASTBALL SPECIAL

Instead of attacking, choose an adjacent small or medium figure you control to throw. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Colossus. Fastball Special may only be used if the chosen figure is unengaged and can be placed on an a space where it can end its turn. The chosen figure may immediately attack any adjacent opponent's figure with a normal attack and add 1 attack die.

I was thinking if perhaps the Fastball Special could be more useful if Colossus could Throw teammates to height or wherever but not only for an attack. This way if he's sacrificing an attack, he can do more than just throw teammates at the enemy. It would be more useful to help move the less mobile teammates. I took out the auto-skull for Wolverine because it would be too baddass. Also, while even 1 extra skull can be great for Wolverine, if he's unwounded, then he only gets one attack, so it's not an auto three attacks for him with +1. And besides, Wolvie is 280 points and not cheap, so between the two of them, that would be well over 500 points.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

That would work for Tandros and I believe the Axegrinders, but that's it.

Old April 12th, 2010, 01:44 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
That would work for Tandros and I believe the Axegrinders, but that's it.
And future figures we might create...
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:01 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I thought I'd "throw" an idea out there to perhaps give Colossus's Fastball Special a little more use.

FASTBALL SPECIAL
Instead of attacking, choose an adjacent small or medium figure you control to throw. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Colossus. Fastball Special may only be used if the chosen figure is unengaged and can be placed on an a space where it can end its turn. The chosen figure may immediately attack any adjacent opponent's figure with a normal attack and add 1 attack die.

I was thinking if perhaps the Fastball Special could be more useful if Colossus could Throw teammates to height or wherever but not only for an attack. This way if he's sacrificing an attack, he can do more than just throw teammates at the enemy. It would be more useful to help move the less mobile teammates. I took out the auto-skull for Wolverine because it would be too baddass. Also, while even 1 extra skull can be great for Wolverine, if he's unwounded, then he only gets one attack, so it's not an auto three attacks for him with +1. And besides, Wolvie is 280 points and not cheap, so between the two of them, that would be well over 500 points.
This is the kind of thing I was concerned with in this post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Here's a question for you. Are figures used in the Fastball Special power subject to falling and extreme falling damage?
Sure, if they fall at any point. Of course, that's not going to happen when they're placed by the throw.
The intent of that question was, say you're playing the Corner High Rise map and you are "placed" from the top of the building to the ground level. I know figures with Superstrength do not take falling damage, but what about normal figures? Say, just as an example, Colussus "Fastballs" a Beat Cop, or even say, Iceman, then what? There is a point where the fantasy of this game has to yield just a hair to the reality of the world and the laws of physics. Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. I realize this is an extreme example, and thematically, I don't think Colussus would really ever throw anyone he didn't think would survive being thrown, but, in a game where anything goes, there is the one lunatic out there that's going to do it. I know if I could gain a tactical advantage throwing a cop at someone, I would.
You could throw a figure anywhere and they take no damage. It's like a free move with no penalty. If you go this way, you might want to think about adding a d20 possible wound for extreme throws up or down, more than 20 levels.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see usefulness of that change Hahma, but it doesn't feel right. I prefer the ability as situational, not used every turn.
But I can see him hoisting figures that request his help, so I can fold em to consensus.
-Edit: I agree with Wulf that the standard clauses should be in place if we go this route: chance for automatic wound unless thrown to height.

GreyOwl, I thought about the Fighter requirement also. If we don't go Hahma's route, I wouldn't mind playing with that idea.
In the X-Men video game, not all figures can get thrown. In fact, all that could were like Wolverine in class position.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Perhaps units can only be thrown 12 levels higher than the level their base is and never worry about taking damage. But if they are thrown downward, they would be subject to normal falling damage, including not taking damage if thrown into water.

This could in effect be like a Leap ability for them to go up and not take damage, but also limit the throwing down to those with SS or that can heal like Wolverine and shrug off the possible wound. I mean, thematically, Colossus is usually throwing at the same level or upwards if I'm not mistaken.

When Jotun Throws upward, the figure doesn't take any damage if they are thrown higher than his height, so they wouldn't take damage if they are thrown 30 levels up. So there is kind of precedence for that.

Old April 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Wolverine's preexisting powers already will make him a superior projectile, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Oh another plus for the Fighter route...who doesn't love tossing dwarves?!
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

Now is Fighter route meant to only be able use Fastball Special with Fighter class units? I think I missed that discussion. If that were the case, it would severely limit the use and value of the power. If that were the case and it was suggested that his cost be based on being able to throw Wolverine because it's a best case scenario, then Colossus' would be overcosted by a bit when not having Wolverine in his army.

Old April 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
What do you think about making that last part of Fastball Special apply to "Fighters" instead of just Wolverine? That might open it up to a little "Heroscape quirkiness"?
I like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

FASTBALL SPECIAL

I like this too, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I can see usefulness of that change Hahma, but it doesn't feel right. I prefer the ability as situational, not used every turn.
Confred is right, it doesn't feel "right" for it not to be part of an attack.

Quote:
I definitely like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library