Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 5th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dominant Personality of the Generals

I would like to try to cover the entire nature of each General, due to a story idea I wanted to focus on, but can't seem to pinpoint. I want to know the type of person each general is. I see Jandar as good guy, but then he has units such as Civil War fighting Omnicrons, crusading Templars, and the Vikings. So what necessarily defines these men (and woman) as leaders of the war? For example, if they were greek gods or some sort of title like that, what would they be General of? Thanks for any help if possible.
I know Valkrill is mindless Chaos.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart
Re: Dominant Personality of the Generals

The first that comes to mind is Utgar and Wild and Vydar and Tricky
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

Here is my attempt:

Jandar – Valient Leader. Fights for Righteousness and Freedom.

Utgar – Terrifying Warmonger. Fights for Dominance and Power.

Ullar – Wild Protector. Fights for Harmony and Life.

Einar – Disciplined Warlord. Fights for Balance and Justice.

Vydar – Tricky Campaigner. Fights for Advancement and Knowledge.

Aquilla – Native Warrior. Fights for Defense and Revenge.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:33 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

This is the way I see it
Jandar=Valiant-He had the nerves to stand against Utgar when he began his war
Utgar=Ruthless-He will do anything to gain control of the wellsprings
Einar=Majestic-He just exudes power to everyone that meets him.
Ullar=Loyal-He is the only minor general to have stuck with Jandar through everything.
Vydar=Tricky-You never know what side he is on
Aquilla=Honorable-I don't know why
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You forgot:
Valkrill - Unnecessary and redundant
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:52 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Valkrill: Wild. Wildly unpopular and unecessary.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Valkrill - Dull & Dismissed

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

To be completely serious I think Valkrill's personality is hated. Why? Because hes hated by all who play heroscape
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:18 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Personally, I have an issue with WotC as a company. I was really beginning to like the Dazed & Disfunctional additions. But cancelling my personal favorite game altogether, not even trying to make money with reprinting older sets, well, that just got under my skin. So, I'm having fun with making fun of whatever the corporate executives want to shove down my throat. I was thinking of playing Demented & Derranged, but now I'm going to get into GURPS instead. Heck, I'm even thinking of converting all the Classic HS characters into GURPS simply because that system uses hexagons when you use minis to do battle. D*** & D*** wont be getting any of my money now.

Seriously, they did have a chance.

One more thing,

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Here is a list of the personalities that each general drafted: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33028

It should give you an idea of what kind of personalities they tend towards.
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Be wary of making too strong a link between the personalities summoned and the personalities of the generals. The generals are the sort of people that summon that personality type, not necessarily that personality type.

Jandar. Itching for a fight, but brought up in an overbearingly PC home (no smacking, no playing with guns,...). Summons fighters that history has decreed to be "good guys" to cover for his unarticulated, even to himself, lust for violence.

Ullar. One of life's natural sidekicks. Will do whatever the more dominant Jandar says despite his preference for making daisychains and listening to soothing whale-song tapes.

Einar. Very straightforward: likes fighting and believes in his cause, so he summons fighters to fight for that cause.

Vydar. Lowest on the social ladder at school, he saw the techie nerds his possible route to social acceptance and, possibly, the chance to one day talk to a girl. Despite their rejection of him he now unconsciously summons units that he think will impress them. More direct attempts to mix with the opposite sex have led to some strange summoning choices. Reading that women like men who show their sensitive side by owning a cute doggie did not help.

Aquilla. A tomboy looking for some warring fun disappointed by the fact that all of the other generals are less manly than she is. Once she has summoned enough units to make up for the army size disparity she'll go it alone, remorselessly choosing one general at a time to single out for humiliating defeat on the battlefield.

Utgar. A twelve-year-old boy who has read too many comics.

Valkrill. Utgar's bemused uncle trying to get into the spirit of things.

And yes, since you ask, it's Monday morning on one of my busiest work weeks of the year. Of course I should be typing this nonsense.
Old December 6th, 2010, 10:47 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Nice one Hogg. It's a good list much better than reading disappointed comments.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion