Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 2nd, 2021, 02:51 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

Some more stats before my list:
  • We were one design shy of topping last year's total number of numbered designs by 100.
  • Our previous record was in 2012 (172), and as people have said we beat that by over 50 designs!
  • Two of our top three most productive months of all time happened this year (May and December).
  • Before this year we only had 3 months on record where 20 or more designs were completed. This year we did it 6 times.
  • Though it is a like 3 way tie for 10th place, 7 of the top 10 most productive months were this year.
  • We only had 4 months this year that weren't the all-time high for that month.
  • Our previous best was 9 consecutive months of double digit numbered design completion. We are currently on month 11 of the new record.

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 2nd, 2021, 02:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Mister Mind was a blast to play against on TTS. Definitely one I’m hoping to pick up again soon!
Old January 5th, 2021, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Mister Mind was a blast to play against on TTS
Is that Arkhams new name.

My list is short since I didn't get to be fully involved this year but...

Faction: haven't played them yet but I have gotten two of the three figures so far but I'll go with the Royal Flush Gang
Hero: a certain new hero to lead the YJ. She's great.
Sporx deserves a lot of credit for keeping me motivated and being my QA/QC for the Poker Cards

Art is a tough one. I feel like Warp, Tickle, and Arkham did some of their best work this year and T-Spiny took over my role in the terrain area and Doing awesome, so I can't pick. Instead I'll just park an old A3n quote right here from the Art Department...since it still fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
What's outstanding, photos, discussions & ideas it all belongs here if it's art related.
Outstanding work:
Everything we've done.
One thing that sticks out to me as that even though I feel like I've been missing around here a lot lately I too had one of my most productive years designing. Surprisingly the bulk of my work was the months pre COVID. I'm the one person it seems that COVID slowed down this year.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 03:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's crazy that December was that productive! It felt slower to me at times, but just compared to the year as a whole. What was our LD count for December?

I've definitely loved all the production stats you and Tickle have been generating this year! It's been really interesting to track and has inspired me to keep moving too.

And, man, I forgot Joker's reeval was this year! It's been such a long, crazy year. Great job doing the heavy lifting on that one too, LV.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 6th, 2021, 12:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great call on the GamerHusband shout out for bringing back the battle reports! That's been a ton of fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2021, 01:02 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The Book of All Might public design has started.
Old January 9th, 2021, 05:46 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Not quite a Gundam, but

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 20th, 2021, 07:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think this is where I need to place this link. I've got a public design workshop now!

Yodaking's Design Workshop
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:13 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn

Last edited by tcglkn; January 21st, 2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old January 21st, 2021, 02:47 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn
  • I'm totally open to a class change where it makes sense, like the Animal Man example.
  • Looking around at some of the one off classes, I don't think they should be removed just because they're a one off class, but because theres a better fit for the character. I can't see Ronan or Conan as anything besides their current classes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Count Vertigo or Doombot change for example.
I 100% think these are changes worth pursuing. C3G has been around for what, right around 10 years? I'm sure a fair few of the figures from the early days would appreciate a class that's more appropriate for the character.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 12:42 PM

Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn
I like the idea of any changes that keeps more heroes relevant and usable as more and more new heroes are released! Part of the fun of c3g is getting to see dream match-ups play out in a formatted setting so by updating older heroes it allows them not to be lost to time! I think that updates and changes to older heroes should be released as they become relevant, for example if a new batch of heroes would cause previous ones to be completely outdated or outclassed it would make sense to update said hero at the same time. Another instance would be if a new hero is released and can use an old hero to make them overpowered or broken then it would make sense to patch that old hero in the same release. As far as doing them in batches I think that would work when the heroes relate to one another so that updates still are focused and not just a random gathering of old heroes. Above all though I love that updating old heroes is even being discussed as it really hammers home the passion and care that goes into c3g!
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:30 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a little late on this, but here is my 2 cents.

I'm definitely in favor of updating old cards. I like the idea of swapping/condensing some of the classes. There are many figures I haven't played but want to, because
I haven't figured out how to fit it into an army because of lack of synergy. Maybe some shuffling will help that. One of the things that I really like is the fact that C3G is willing to reevaluate units and aren't afraid to make changes when necessary.

As far as releases go, the more the better, big or small doesn't matter to me. I'm always surprised to hear that a design has sat finished in limbo for years! And at the same time a public design can go from start to release in weeks. I do understand that it's a different process and the desire to release whe factions, but no finished design should sit for years. Set them free!

Quote:

@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy