Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old April 15th, 2014, 01:36 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online Season 13 - SIGN UP UNTIL 4/20

I'm all signed up. I like the constant variety with all of these formats. I'm looking forward to playing with some higher point totals.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Go ahead and sign me up. I will probably need some help with doing things properly in the online environment, but I figure my opponents will be happy to assist. When do I need to have my armies ready?

~Aldin, trepadatiously

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:08 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Go ahead and sign me up. I will probably need some help with doing things properly in the online environment, but I figure my opponents will be happy to assist. When do I need to have my armies ready?

~Aldin, trepadatiously
You sign yourself up and submit your armies when you do so. The link for the page is on the top of the OP. Deadline for it is the 20th if you need to take some time to get your army together.

My opponents were very patient with me when I first came on not too long ago so I don't think you have much to worry about getting help with the format. You'll have it down with your first game, I'm sure.
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:37 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Oooh, very cool lava-themed "online scape" graphic in awesomeunleashed's sig block.
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh... I need the armies FIRST... thanks for the heads up, Ixe.

~Aldin, over to the drawing board

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 15th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I so very much want to play this season with all the lava maps and the fact that Aldin will be playing, but so much is going on in real life that I don't think that is possible. I'll see if I can find room but I doubt it will happen.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old April 15th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Super League Heroscape Season 8 Sign-Ups!

IF we have at least 20 people sign up and they play all their games, then one person at random will win a complete RotV Terrain Set provided by me.

(If you pay for shipping, that would be nice, and I may throw something else in...)
Old April 16th, 2014, 08:10 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Still pondering my armies ...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:27 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

So games take about 2 hours, once a week roughly? I'm interested, though I've never played online before. I'm generally quick to pick up computer games though, so it shouldn't take me long to catch on.
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
So games take about 2 hours, once a week roughly? I'm interested, though I've never played online before. I'm generally quick to pick up computer games though, so it shouldn't take me long to catch on.
Correct. 2 hours is the longest it should take to play a normal game unless you are a slow player and run into an equally slow player. It has happened before, but it takes two to tango, so...

Although I suppose games might run a little bit longer with these higher point values.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

To clarify, the average game time (I did calculate it out for one season) is probably a little over an hour and 15 minutes. I suspect games will be even shorter this season, because HoB makes for quicker battles.

Old April 16th, 2014, 11:45 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Correct. 2 hours is the longest it should take to play a normal game unless you are a slow player and run into an equally slow player. It has happened before, but it takes two to tango, so...
And there are time control rules now, so games with one very slow player will still get capped eventually. Our time control rules are fairly lax but they are there for use. I believe I'm the only person who has called time on someone since they were implemented, although at least a couple other games have gotten to the point where someone could have called time. (I know Sparkle could have claimed a win on time in his game against TLIS in the End of Year event, but he's nicer than I am.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Although I suppose games might run a little bit longer with these higher point values.
Point values have fairly little impact on game length in my experience. The main predictable factors in lengthening games are figure count, the map used, and the presence or lack of complex or defensive powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
To clarify, the average game time (I did calculate it out for one season) is probably a little over an hour and 15 minutes. I suspect games will be even shorter this season, because HoB makes for quicker battles.
Yeah, Heat of Battle condenses gameplay down. However, if you don't place until game time, then the placement phase can eat up those time savings. I encourage players to handle the placement phase ahead of time, via PMs ("I placed a squad, your turn", etc) if they are worried about game lengths.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events