Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cave Troll - pre Auggie's discussion

deleted

Last edited by qt.bangerang; February 3rd, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:58 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cave Troll - pre Auggie's discussion

I don't think that terrain based abilities up the points as much as you have him right now. I could almost see 90 points. Hopefully someone will call me out, if I am lowballing too much.
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@ Tiranx
I agree and have made the change to 90 points. If there is nothing else that needs to be changed or added then I will submit him.
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

It's not much, but I personally like the sound of "Foul Odour" better than "Foul Smell". The rest seems fine to me.
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You sneaked this one past me, qt., if I'd noticed in time I would have observed that on shadow hexes he will have the shadow bonus *plus* the 3 you are giving him; I wonder whether that's more formidable than you intended him. I would like to see him balance at 90, so I might have dropped the shadow bonus to 2.

Playtesting would tell the story, of course.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; April 14th, 2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: and I like "foul smell" more than "foul odour," or, for that matter, "foul odor." ;-)
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
@ Tiranx
I agree and have made the change to 90 points. If there is nothing else that needs to be changed or added then I will submit him.
Submit him? To Auggies? What about play-testing?

-insert signature here-
Old April 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

Play-testing is a must. I just tested this figure on a map without shadow, and he seemed to hold his own at around 75. With shadow, he is worth over 110. I do not like that there is such a different figure when he is on shadow. I think his power needs to be toned down to read "1 additional defense die" instead of 3. Then, at his best, you can consider him to be 90.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old April 14th, 2011, 11:58 PM
has been BANNED

Okay every one...so let us compare him to a official unit: the 100 pt Iron Golem, who is a 6/6 with 3 life with the 2 auto shields against specials. My Troll is 3/2 unless on a Dungeon space then he is a 4/3 and if by chance on a shadow space then he is a 6/5. Now the 6 life is a lot but when he is on the shadow space but when he is not he is a easy target to kill. So in the perfect setting he may be under costed by 10 pts or so but not much more IMO.

Another example is the 85 pt Ice Troll who has regeneration and is a 8/2 on snow. So, in that situation I would say that he is under costed as well.
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:11 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

I think you're better off saying he's 20 points better than thorgrim.
in the other 2 comparisons id say he's 10 points weaker than the iron golem
and id say he's 10 points better than the ice troll

so that's 100, 90 and 95.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt

Last edited by Jonny Jon; April 15th, 2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, do we know if this figure is a single or double base? I may be able to get some playtesting in this weekend, but that information would help.
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
has been BANNED

Based on this picture I would say he is a double base.
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

Let me try this again.
At his Best, this guy is:
Life: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3 (and -1 for opponents)
Defense: 6 (2+1(shadow)+3(lurker))

It might just be me, but 6 life + 6 defense is pretty tough. Because of this, I strongly suggest that you increase the cost or mellow down "shadow lurker."

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards