Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 17th, 2014, 03:33 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V Public Playtesting Sign-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Seleena Kyle submitted. I look forward to when the next batch of units comes in.
Excellent! Playtesting has some great units already in the pipeline. As the bottleneck here in Public Playtesting starts to clear out, you will get to see them.

Thanks for your interest, all!!
I've been contemplating lately how playtesting has been a bit backlogged and how there are relatively few regular playtesters. It appears that different incentives for motivation, like C3VRP or the chance to become a PAM, is largely insufficient for encouraging people to playtest.

However, there is fairly wide acceptance of C3V among the online community at the very least, where a larger numbers of players use them in tournaments. The motivation to play in these tournaments extends little beyond fun and competition, so I am curious if it is possible to somewhat tap into this with respect to playtesting. I'm only postulating, but I could imagine some playtest round robin where players play with and against a particular unit and send in reports on their experiences. Having a bit more of a community and gamesmanship built around playtesting could potentially increase the volume of tests that get done.
Old October 17th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup! We're in discussions to get something like that started. The online community seems like a very natural place to do playtesting, considering its participants both (a) play and (b) use our units. I hope something comes of it. I do not know why there isn't more participation from that community already.

Nail on the head, sir!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:24 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, if someone set all that up I for one would be more likely to both play online and playtest units, since I'd be doing both at once.
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There's nothing to "set up," for those who wish to do it. It's easy enough to play online, and you can use proxies for the minis. Nothing to it at all.

Pick which unit you want to playtest, let your designated C3V Lead Playtester know you intend to playtest online, and they will tell you what to do next. You'll read the instructions for playing online, if you don't already know how, and go from there.

= =
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:39 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!
Red face Re: C3V Public Playtesting Sign-up

I meant if someone assigned opponents, maps, maybe even army choices, etc. So all I would need to do is sign on at the decided time and play my game, if that makes sense. Yes, I am lazy sometimes.
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. Thanks, CT. That's helpful, believe it or not.

= =
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

As D_S said, we're putting something together for (hopefully) the near future.

Old October 17th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
As D_S said, we're putting something together for (hopefully) the near future.
Would 36 hour days be in that mixture? I just wish I could play more lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 18th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I'm just announcing that soon there will be 2 reservations to playtest Seleena from 2 members of the French Forum, probably.
Here we are : Judas Calendere and Guns signed up for Seleena.
(I'm the one to contact as intermediary for these playtesters)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; October 18th, 2014 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Ohps, just saw that it was already written in the OP. ^^
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Report sent for Seleena. (test made by Guns)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 30th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Report sent for Seleena. (test made by Guns)
Which reminds me I need to get mine done.
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I mentioned in another thread how I personally felt the formatting for submitting playtests was time consuming and cumbersome, and was a deterrent for me doing more playtests than I have (an admittedly small number).

Someone else agreed with my opinions on the time commitment for the forms, and I suggested a googledoc form would be more streamlined if someone wanted to create it.

I thought about and decided to put my money where my mouth was and took some time and put this together for thoughts and comments.

This is not a sanctioned c3v form It was simply my attempt to propose a process improvement. If something like this seems like a good idea, then it can be honed and modified to get exactly the feedback that is desired. I personally think this would be a great tool though.

(mandatory test unit name before you are allowed to move on to subsequent pages)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs