Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 5th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Great idea, although that wouldn't be me.

Some of us hobbyists keep a memory of what movie scenes include minis or board games. For example, in Three Days of the Condor, (Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway, filmed here in Brooklyn Heights, as many are) Max Von Sydow as a precise assassin is painting a metal Napoleonic infantryman in his hotel room, to show how detail oriented he is!
That reminds me of the Man Cave/Shed of motive, evidence and awesomeness from the movie Gone Girl.

A real board gamer is not going to commit murder for board games......and then not bother with any expansions lol. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 5th, 2022, 12:56 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post

https://gizmodo.com/henry-cavill-war...lix-1849740499

https://gizmodo.com/the-witcher-cast...est-1848247242

Someone that uses the Twitter should message Superman. I mean, what greater hero is there?
I checked and I don't think he has an official Twitter account, just a bunch of fan pages. Otherwise I would tweet him. Still wondering what Snoop and Dre are up to...
Old November 5th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post

https://gizmodo.com/henry-cavill-war...lix-1849740499

https://gizmodo.com/the-witcher-cast...est-1848247242

Someone that uses the Twitter should message Superman. I mean, what greater hero is there?
I checked and I don't think he has an official Twitter account, just a bunch of fan pages. Otherwise I would tweet him. Still wondering what Snoop and Dre are up to...
Looks like he has an Instagram. I don't do that either. I honestly only keep Facebook at this point for Messenger. Bring back forums lol.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 6th, 2022, 06:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

We seem to be finally picking up some daily momentum, the backer count having reached 3,371, with just under 10 days left. This is probably due to the newer videos out there. Can we continue to increase it?

This follows what some have predicted for a "slow and steady" growth for Haslab as opposed to a more normal crowdfunding campaign profile. But the numbers are still low. Its still anybody's guess whether there will be a late surge, and whether it will bring us close to the target of 8,000. This will require both people currently holding back to bail in, and new backers finding out about the campaign getting on board.

Here at home our group of four core players are preparing this week for our first Scape session with 7-8 players, and it seems like the three newbies will be joining up permanently! The new people reflect the return of two old veterans and a new pickup who is a pal of one of them. All of them know about Age Of Annihilation. So we are seeing a small but perhaps representative new Gathering of the Tribes here in NYC. (See my signature line link for details).

It seems that the Community will benefit from a new infusion of Scapers, whatever the fate of AOA. That's a good thing. Therefore, as I pile up enough terrain to build two 4 Player maps, and will then pick 3+ of the armies we will use from my own and the collections of others of us to supplement what the newbies have for my specialized General Centered Army scenario, I'm hopeful for the future of our local scene! We are now exposing the new members to their first games with Customs. Next month will be their introduction to Supers.

As Stan Lee would say: "Excelsior!"
Old November 9th, 2022, 01:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Interesting video here.

Interesting seeing people in the comments explaining why they haven't backed it so far.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 9th, 2022, 02:03 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Interesting video here.

https://youtu.be/2R3M-nlvadU

Interesting seeing people in the comments explaining why they haven't backed it so far.
Which are perfectly legitimate:

a) the price
b) Haslab as a crowdfunding platform being badly designed (I don't understand why they can't have an update and comment section)
Old November 9th, 2022, 02:16 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish they would have included an approximate retail value on the campaign page just to provide some context for people who feel it’s over-priced. I know it doesn’t win anyone who doesn’t have the money but I’ve heard more than one YouTuber question the value, which even if you compared it to an original master set, two expansion waves, a castle set and a jungle set (without 20 years of inflation) would be a good price with shipping included.

But still doesn’t help those that don’t want to put this much into one purchase.
Old November 9th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I wish they would have included an approximate retail value on the campaign page just to provide some context for people who feel it’s over-priced. I know it doesn’t win anyone who doesn’t have the money but I’ve heard more than one YouTuber question the value, which even if you compared it to an original master set, two expansion waves, a castle set and a jungle set (without 20 years of inflation) would be a good price with shipping included.

But still doesn’t help those that don’t want to put this much into one purchase.

Yeah, showing a retail value could have helped. I am also still seeing comments that $250 + shipping is too much, not realizing shipping is included in the price. Maybe it would have gotten more backers if it was shown as $199.99 + $50 s/h or had FREE SHIPPING right next to the price.
Old November 9th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post

Yeah, showing a retail value could have helped. I am also still seeing comments that $250 + shipping is too much, not realizing shipping is included in the price. Maybe it would have gotten more backers if it was shown as $199.99 + $50 s/h or had FREE SHIPPING right next to the price.
Very much agree. That's just one of the many ways the presentation of this campaign on haslab was mismanaged, through no fault of the designers/ war council.
Old November 12th, 2022, 04:41 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

I love the energy they invest into the haslab and the new content, it's great to see they care that much! But it just seems to little to late...
I keep hoping for some miracle, because even though I don't have the money to back it right now (300 euros is a lot) I would spend 50-75 euros in a heartbeat to buy some of the new figures.
The rules are well thought out, the design is nice, and even though it's unpainted I'd really enjoy playing and painting my choice of new warriors.
Maybe going for hybridisation between nostalgia and enticing new customers wasn't the best way to go, but at least they went at it with As much fervor as possible.
Old November 12th, 2022, 11:38 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophyllic View Post
I love the energy they invest into the haslab and the new content, it's great to see they care that much! But it just seems to little to late...
I keep hoping for some miracle, because even though I don't have the money to back it right now (300 euros is a lot) I would spend 50-75 euros in a heartbeat to buy some of the new figures.
The rules are well thought out, the design is nice, and even though it's unpainted I'd really enjoy playing and painting my choice of new warriors.
Maybe going for hybridisation between nostalgia and enticing new customers wasn't the best way to go, but at least they went at it with As much fervor as possible.
I agree completely. The days leading up to the campaign were really exciting, and no card revealed has been a disappointment. The designs bring a lot of new and really clever elements to the game.
Old November 13th, 2022, 12:05 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Quote:
I agree completely. The days leading up to the campaign were really exciting, and no card revealed has been a disappointment. The designs bring a lot of new and really clever elements to the game.
Thank you both for the kind words about the designs themselves. I'm proud of the work we did.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion