Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 26th, 2015, 10:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Temporal Wormholes needs to clarify when you're allowed to use it normally, 'instead of moving', 'instead of moving and attacking', or what-have-you. It's going to be pretty ridiculous no matter what though.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 26th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
One interesting thing wikipedia said about him was that "His level of psychic influence on others depends on the number of individuals he wishes to affect" perhaps a mind control ability along that line, i.e he can choose a number of figures to try to mind control, but the more he chooses, the higher the roll is and/or the less he can do with each figure (maybe limit to move or attack, but not both).

How about something like this?

Quote:
PSYCHIC PERSUASION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Kid Omega is not engaged, instead of attacking, you may choose any number of Unique Heroes within 10 spaces of Kid Omega for Psychic Persuasion. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting one from the roll for each figure you chose for Psychic Persuasion. After the 20-sided die is rolled for all chosen figures, for each figure that you rolled 9 or higher for, you may take temporary control of that figure and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of each turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Psychic Persuasion. Figures that have the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Psychic Persuasion.

Quote:
I also think that he should be called Quentin Quire, not Kid Omega, from what I remember about him, he isn't called Kid Omega that much.
He calls himself Kid Omega, so I think it's ok.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:52 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
@Aggressive Sock , here's what I had in mind for Cosmo:

Quote:
CONTINUUM CORTEX TELEPORTATION
If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of Cosmo or a figure adjacent to him, instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may roll 12 combat dice. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within X spaces of Cosmo's current location, where X equals the number of skulls rolled.

HEAD OF SECURITY
When a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Cosmo that was not within 3 spaces of your Start Zone prior to moving attempts to move onto a space within 3 spaces of your Start Zone, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure may not be moved and must end its movement.
This would give him a totally different role than any other figure out there, and would be an interesting add for a number of different builds. It would also play pretty well with Star-Lord, I think.

My plan was to add in a telepathic power as well. I was going to give him Xavier's Telepathic Blast SA, but either of your Telekinetic Blast or Psionic Shield would fit.
I can get on board with this.

Though, I'd suggest the CC Teleportation be D20 based, double skulls, or my personal favorite: 12 combat dice + character movement number. The 12 combat dice based on skulls, is 50/50 for each skull, with an average of 6 spaces. In the comics the CCT is used for far distances, I feel an average of 6, and a max of 12, doesn't really give the most thematic/desired results. I'm just thinking if the power is limited to him being in the start zone, it being instead of taking a turn, and they must be adjacent, there's gotta be a decent result possibility that really makes it worth drafting etc. otherwise why not just walk/fly your 5-6 average movement out of the start zone and still be able to do all of your other things?

Love the Start Zone defense, and perhaps an addition should be opponents who are flying over the space can be stopped within 3 as well if the roll is met.

I'm thinking something along these lines:

NAME = Cosmo

SPECIES = Kanine
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Telepath
PERSONALITY = ???
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 130-150?

If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of Cosmo or a figure adjacent to him, instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may roll 12 combat dice. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within X spaces of Cosmo's current location, where X equals the number of skulls rolled in addition to the movement number on the figure's Army Card. Figures moved by Continuum Cortex Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.

HEAD OF SECURITY
If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, when an opponent's figure that was not within 3 spaces of your Start Zone prior to moving attempts to move onto or over a space within 3 spaces of your Start Zone, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure cannot be moved within 3 spaces of your Start Zone this turn, and must end its movement immediately.

PSIONIC SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Cosmo or any figure you control that is adjacent to Cosmo.

He'd essentially be a pure base defense character, enhancing the operations in and around your Start Zone, and protecting those within it. I can dig that.
Old April 27th, 2015, 02:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the direction you have for Cosmo. The Start Zone defender and CCT really cover what he does for the GotG/Knowhere pretty well. I think the CCT teleporting should be more precise as it is used to send them across the galaxy and is pretty accurate when considering how big the galaxy is. I'd maybe take another look at how Heimdall works and do something similar. I'd also consider a recall option where you can bring them home when needed. It seems like he should have some kind mental attack though, maybe one that knock OMs off of a card. I'd also drop the life to 3.
Old April 27th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not familiar with Cosmo in any way, so I can't really say anything about him theme wise, but he looks cool!

On Quentin Quire, I'm feeling this write up is much better!

NAME = Kid Omega
Secret Identity = Quentin Quire

SPECIES = Mutant
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Telepath
PERSONALITY = Rebellious

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

PSYCHIC PERSUASION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Kid Omega is not engaged, instead of attacking, you may choose any number of Unique Heroes within 10 spaces of Kid Omega for Psychic Persuasion. Roll the 20-sided die, subtracting one from the roll for each figure you chose for Psychic Persuasion. After the 20-sided die is rolled for all chosen figures, for each figure that you rolled 9 or higher for, you may take temporary control of that figure and immediately take a turn with it. At the end of each turn, control of the chosen figure returns to the player who controlled the figure before the Psychic Persuasion. Figures that have the Mental Shield special power are not affected by Psychic Persuasion.

MUTANT RIOT
Instead of taking a turn normally, you may move each Mutant you control as long as it ends its movement engaged to at least one opponent's figure. After moving each Mutant you control, one at a time, choose a figure engaged to each Mutant you moved this turn and roll an unlockable attack die against the chosen figure.

PSYCHOKINETIC DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a figure that does not have the Mental Shield special power, Kid Omega always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

FLYING

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 27th, 2015, 03:08 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Math

Here's some quick numbers for Quentin.

Code:
Figures 	Odds of No Takeover	Avg. Figures
1		45.00%			0.55
2		25.00%			1
3		16.64%			1.35
4		12.96%			1.6
5		11.60%			1.75
6		11.76%			1.8
7		13.35%			1.75
8		16.78%			1.6
9		23.16%			1.35
10		34.87%			1
These numbers do not seem super bad until you remember that Puppet Master arguably the best take control character C3G has released has a range of 8 and a 56.25% chance that he doesn't take control of a figure and an average of 0.5 figures controlled per turn. So...yeah this is kind of super powerful.

~Dysole, mathematically

Last edited by Dysole; April 27th, 2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old April 27th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Never Forgets

Re: Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Here's some quick numbers for Quentin.

Code:
Figures 	Odds of No Takeover	Avg. Figures
1			50.00%			0.5
2			30.25%			0.9
3			21.60%			1.2
4			17.85%			1.4
5			16.81%			1.5
6			17.80%			1.5
7			20.97%			1.4
8			27.25%			1.2
9			38.74%			0.9
10			59.87%			0.5
These numbers do not seem super bad until you remember that Puppet Master arguably the best take control character C3G has released has a range of 8 and a 56.25% chance that he doesn't take control of a figure and an average of 0.5 figures controlled per turn. So...yeah this is kind of super powerful.

~Dysole, mathematically
I'm not sure I understand how this works

Old April 27th, 2015, 03:36 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

NAME = Cosmo

SPECIES = Kanine
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Telepath
PERSONALITY = Loyal
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 130-145?

If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, after revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Cosmo you may choose any or all adjacent figures to Cosmo and roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll 1-6, place each figure on any empty space up to 5 spaces away from their current placement.
  • If you roll 7-12, place each figure on any empty space up to 7 spaces away from their current placement.
  • If you roll 13-20, place each figure on any empty space up to 10 spaces away from their current placement.
Figures moved by Continuum Cortex Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.

HEAD OF SECURITY
If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, when an opponent's figure that was not within 3 spaces of your Start Zone prior to moving attempts to move onto or over a space within 3 spaces of your Start Zone, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot be moved within 3 spaces of your Start Zone this turn, and must end its movement immediately.

TELEPATHIC PARALYSIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4 Attack 4
If an opponent's figure receives a wound from this special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, remove one Unrevealed Order Marker from the figure's Army Card.

Last edited by Arkham; February 2nd, 2016 at 02:24 AM.
Old April 27th, 2015, 04:09 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I think your math might be a little off @Dysole , would not the chance for no takeover be 45% with one selected figure? You only need a 10 or higher to get it, that's a 55% chance of success.

Regardless, the power is insane either way. As is Mutant Riot. Seriously, either of those powers is some crazy powerful stuff, the two of them together on the same card will snap the game in half.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 27th, 2015, 08:04 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
ERROR: Improper Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I think your math might be a little off @Dysole , would not the chance for no takeover be 45% with one selected figure? You only need a 10 or higher to get it, that's a 55% chance of success.

Regardless, the power is insane either way. As is Mutant Riot. Seriously, either of those powers is some crazy powerful stuff, the two of them together on the same card will snap the game in half.
It is. For some reason I had 10+ as 50% chance. I'll correct it and edit in new numbers to see if it's still crazy.

~Dysole, noting that the power affects 330 spaces if you weren't aware of how insane it is

Last edited by Dysole; April 27th, 2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: New numbers make it even crazier
Old April 27th, 2015, 08:48 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Shipping Container, Dumpster, Telephone Box
Could be good minis for C3G.
Old April 27th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, and if Cosmo is in your Start Zone, instead of moving normally you may either:
  • place Cosmo, or an adjacent figure, on any empty space on the battlefield that is not within 6 spaces of an opponent's Start Zone.
  • place any figure with an Order Marker on their Army Card on an unoccupied space in your Start Zone.
Placed figures will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
This would be too powerful, I think. Heimdall had a similar power and had to be reevaluated to limit it. Indigo-1 also has blanket teleportation, and she has also been suggested for teleportation. A power like this allows for abuse with startzone bombers, or strong pods.

That said, you make a good point about 12 dice not always being much better than normal movement. How about:

Quote:
If Cosmo is in your Start Zone, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of Cosmo or a figure adjacent to him, instead of taking a turn with that figure, you may roll 12 combat dice. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within X spaces of Cosmo's current location, where X equals 4 + the number of skulls rolled. Figures moved by Continuum Cortex Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.
That's a less messy than the "figure's move number" version, and it's the same math every time, so I think it's a little simpler to use. This would give you an average of 10 paces with a max of 16.

What I like about the variable teleportation is that it's harder to abuse, but it's still very useful for Guardian builds. They don't need to stay adjacent, and if they get too scattered moving out, Star-Lord can use Distracting Fire to bring them in together.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy