Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 24th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Solid design for a powerhouse figure. Bloodlust is tricky because if he fails to get the early kills he could easily fail miserably, though the massive life/defense will keep him in the game quite a while.

One problem with the wording of Furia: increasing his Move after he starts attacking is meaningless; the move phase is over. Did you mean add 2 to his Attack, or add 2 Move at the start of his movement if he is unengaged? Both are valuable.
Old February 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Here is the updated card:

My only suggestion is from the design perspective--I would prefer you move away from the Relentless personality, and I don't think I like Viper Scout Defense Enhancement. I'm sure it would be useful, but I would rather see a tie-in or boost that's a little more original.

I don't see any problems with the design or card aside from those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Here's the revised card for Lord Revadac:

I think Necrotic force should clarify what "one" is being placed to Lord Redavac. I think the first and last phrases of your wording are implied if you word the power well enough:
NECROTIC FORCE
At the end of any turn, you may place one wound marker on this card to place one Undead Squad figure you control that was destroyed this turn adjacent to Lord Redavac.
I think you should also clarify whether or not INSANE COMMANDER allows NECROTIC FORCE to take place. Personally I don't think the two powers should be able to happen on the same turn, so I would go for something like:
INSANE COMMANDER
If Lord Redavac begins his turn adjacent to at least one friendly figure, before moving Lord Redavac you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-3, Lord Redavac may not use Necrotic Force this turn and must attack an adjacent friendly figure and then immediately end his turn. If you roll a 4 or higher, nothing happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Hello guys!

I would like some feedbacks/playtests for this little pretty guy, Asterios.

The hardest part is to find the balance with Bloodlust. Before he has a basic attack of 2, and Furia gave him 1 attack die added to the move +2 (for his first strike).
In English, we spell it "Minotaur."

I misread the card at first and assumed that Furia is supposed to add 2 to his attack if he attacks a figure he was not adjacent to. Stacked with Bloodlust, that could be a little ridiculous, but it seems to be reflected in his points (Bloodlust is not always an easy power to use).

I see two possible wordings for Furia. They have very different meanings, so read them carefully
FURIA
If Asterios does not move this turn, he may attack one additional time. Asterios may add 2 to his Move number as long as he is able to move adjacent to an opponent’s figure he was not engaged to prior to moving.
Scytale will probably have a better suggestion, but I tried to base the above off of the Kozuke Samurai, rearranged to meet the slightly different effect you seem to intend for Asterios.
FURIA
When attacking with Asterios, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Asterios at the start of this turn, Asterios receives 2 additional attack dice. If Asterios does not move this turn, he may attack one additional time.
Why the choice of TORMENTING for Personality? I think it could fit, but I'd like to see your reasoning.

I like him!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I really like Asterios! I hope this is the next French SoV nominee that has been alluded to.

Furia allows him the combination of being an assassin or a multiattacker. Bloodlust means Asterios needs to kill some squad figures so he can power up before going after the heroes. Both are very thematic for the Minotaur as well. The name is perfect, since the Minotaur in the labyrinth was named Asterios. I find "Tormenting" to be an odd personality, like Caps. Personally, I'd put minotaurs in Aquilla, but Einar works well too I suppose.

Overall, great custom. That reaper mini looks great, too.
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Here is the updated card:

Well, now that capsocrates has weighed in, what's my opinion worth? It's worth seeing I don't know that much about the SOV.

Like someone else said, you could change "Viper Scout Defense enhancement" to something like "When a Viper rolls defense against an adgacent attack one shield blocks all hits." But that would clearly up his total cost significantly, like you said. I basically agree with you, MegaSilver, I think the odds are this guy is just DOA and you've got to do a redesign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Here's the revised card for Lord Revadac:

Like others have said, I think you should be clear that the "one" that is placed next to Lord Revadac is one of the figures that was destroyed. I've now realized, however, that Cadaverous Touch will effectively make him immune to adjacent attacks--no one will do it unless they can't avoid it. I am concerned that 95 points might not be enough for someone who is essentially immune to adjacent attacks. Sgt. Drake ROTV (for example) has a cost of 110. He's immune to ranged attacks, which is more powerful, but not much.

But before you raise his cost, you should also think about the costs and benefits of Necrotic Force. This works with 5 official squads.
Rechets---per figure cost 17
Zombies--per figure cost 20
Phantom Knights---per figure cost 23
Death Knights---per figure cost 30
Shades---per figure cost 33
And it "costs" 1/6*95 to use, or around 16. The question is how often will it be used? With the DK and the Shades, sure, but the others? Even the PK is something of a question.

I am not sure how you want balance this concern out, another d20 would seem excessive. But if the power is never used... I don't know. Give him more life and more cost would be best. As it is why "kill off" 16 points of Lord R for about X points of another unit. Especially since he's essentially immune to adjacent attacks.

Quote:
First of all, like others have said Furia needs to be broken into two powers.
1) Charging Assault from the Kozuke (and why not just make it +3 and be done with it, if you must stick with 2 then call it "Charging Assault 2").
2) "Stationary" Double Attack. (There's got to be better wording.)

And I'm struck by the fact that the closest official unit to this guy is Krug, who comes in with 1 less D, one less A (but KRUG's A will always be increased, unlike this guy), and 2 more life. He always has double attack, he doesn't have charging assault (but is that a big deal?, I'd much rather always have double attack) and costs 20 points less. In a head-to-head Krug will win, and I would choose Krug over this guy pretty much all the time.

Bottom line, perhaps he's over-costed. Krug is an A unit, and I know with the SOV you should really be shooting for a B, but still.

If I see my opponent fielding this guy I just send units after him that he can't kill with 3A (a high power hero or ranged squads) and have everyone else run away. Not too hard to make sure he never gets above 3A, and frankly until he gets to 5A I don't care. Line up the 4th mass and gun him down. No worries.

I also think Einar is a pretty long stretch for this out-of-control wild monster. Aquilla or Ullar would fit better. I would go with Aquilla, I can totally see her wanting to sooth/use this poor tormented beast.
Even more if you change the personality to "Tormented," as in he's suffering all the time. Seems to fit his role in Greek Mythology to a T (for Tormented, natch).
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why wouldn't arachnids be affected by poisonous bite?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There base stats seem okay... I'm comparing them to the stats for the fyorlags... I don't think there is anything wrong with them... I'd say keep em the way they are really....

And ninja'd by flameslayer I didn't post this to directly contradict ya Flameslayer... hope theres no offense there.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; February 28th, 2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: NINJA'D
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
There base stats seem okay... I'm comparing them to the stats for the fyorlags... I don't think there is anything wrong with them... I'd say keep em the way they are really....

And ninja'd by flameslayer I didn't post this to directly contradict ya Flameslayer... hope theres no offense there.
Not a prob, I was spending like half an hour talking and typing this up anyways.

Everyone's thoughts are different, so no issue there either.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Updated card, it contains the typo fix (thanks!) as well as a clarification on Out of Darkness, as suggested by one of my gaming friends. It now contains:

"Out of Darkness may only be used once per game."

EDIT: Oh, and if I'm not missing anything, the War Horse was Megasilver's design, not Flamesayer's brother's.
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I already pointed out the family tree thing Kaemon

Just wait for Fi Skarta to log on again...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry about that confusion everybody, I have now fixed it. I guess Flameslayer better take his new brother back to Megasilver now .
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Sorry about that confusion everybody, I have now fixed it. I guess Flameslayer better take his new brother back to Megasilver now .
Dang it! And I was getting to enjoy having Jeff around the house. Someone needs to fetch my Coca-Cola, right?

PS: I do not know if Jeff is MegaSilver's brother, but that was the only name that came to mind.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Dang it! And I was getting to enjoy having Jeff around the house. Someone needs to fetch my Coca-Cola, right?

PS: I do not know if Jeff is MegaSilver's brother, but that was the only name that came to mind.
No, no, my brother is Duckman, who is on this site. (And that's not his name. )

By the way, thanks for looking over the Horse.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards