Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old January 26th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: BoSS Procedures & Voting Thread

Posted this before I saw what @Yodaking said. I agree with everything he said.

Here is the WoS guidelines. I think they will work perfectly for BoSS
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...17&postcount=2

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Last edited by Koolster25; January 27th, 2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Saw Yodaking's post
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The points should carry over to normal HoSS that way we can just use the one playtesting thread. Public Playtesting is key IMHO.
Old January 27th, 2015, 08:13 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
The points should carry over to normal HoSS that way we can just use the one playtesting thread. Public Playtesting is key IMHO.
Would we allow points to be spent on making a BoSS map? If so, someone could potentially spend points on designing a figure without playtesting any HoSS figures and vice versa. I doubt that'd arise very often, just something to think about.

My Customs
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't see that as too big of a concern. If someone who has only tested figures wants to make a map, let them. We have the voting procedures in place in order to help guide things a long in a direction we are all happy with.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm looking forward to seeing what this project produces. Maybe there will be something I can add to my tournament mix, so the maps don't all look like they got the J.R.R. Tolkien stamp of approval.

Also, you guys can subscribe to a thread with the "subscribe" feature under "thread tools." FYI.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't see that as too big of a concern. If someone who has only tested figures wants to make a map, let them. We have the voting procedures in place in order to help guide things a long in a direction we are all happy with.
This. If someone does the work, what does it matter where the points came from? Also, any map they wanted to design would have to first get the go ahead from us.
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Yeah... I wasn't really thinking about that. I agree, you guys are right. We have proper checks in place to prevent that from being a problem.

My Customs
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:11 PM

So what orders of business do we still need to decide on?

My Customs
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think we are still waiting on 3 members to stop by. Then we need to formulate a set of official procedures to vote on.

Personally I'd like to see the non-council members to kind of take a lead role here. I have quite a few responsibilities spread over several projects right now and would prefer to just be a guiding force. I believe Karat is in a similar position based on comments he has made in the past. Not sure how active Heroscaper2010 was planning on being with this aspect of the HoSS project. So the 3 of you who are not council members have quite a bit of latitude here with developing this new en devour. I'll let you know what the council was thinking but make a good argument for something different and you just might get what you want.
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Yeah. I'm spread a little thin between a 2 yr old, college, and being on the inner workings of HoSS and C3G.
Old January 27th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah the maps previously created for this project will still be included so a display thread is a good idea. Here are some thoughts about the new BoSS department based on my understanding of discussions that were held in the inner sanctum.

As for who can officially create maps, the idea was to have it just those members of BoSS. Map contests will still be held where the public can submit ideas and the public will be encouraged to help the selection, design, and testing process. This will allow us to identify and recruit new members as time goes on. Only BoSS members will be able to be an LD though. I suppose an exception would be made for any HoSS Council Members that are not official BoSS members but wanted to stop by for a guest LD.

The Council will have certain maps in mind related to upcoming releases they will request the BoSS department to tackle. We also do have a desire to try and make many of the maps HoSS integrated by incorporating (and even creating) HoSS figures and glyphs rather then just have standard BoV maps that could exist on a SW world. Having a Bacta Tank at the Hoth Base, a moisture evaporator glyph on Tatooine, and Wampas roaming around the Wampa cave are good examples of this. As such some details about future releases will be shared (often via PM) with LDs in order to achieve this. Other then that the Council will be fairly hands off here I think and BoSS members will be able to pursue many different types of maps featuring many different locations.

Each member will only be able to LD one map at a time, insuring they finish up one map before they start on another one. We will need a brainstorming thread were map ideas can be discussed. Once an LD has a map in mind they want to work on, a vote is taken in order to green-light a new map thread. Votes are then held to move a map idea from design concept to play testing, then from play testing to final editing, and later final editing to release.
I am completely good on this. Is everyone else? If so I think the next step would be to decide on submission and voting policies. I have posted the WoS link above. Those rules are pretty much how I feel this should be run.

My Customs
Old January 27th, 2015, 07:35 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post

I am completely good on this. Is everyone else? If so I think the next step would be to decide on submission and voting policies. I have posted the WoS link above. Those rules are pretty much how I feel this should be run.
Looks like you actually linked the BoV Guidelines. Doesn't matter though, both are very well thought out. I think we should follow in their footsteps as well, but also add in some necessary detail since our project is tied up with the Star Wars universe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape