Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old July 27th, 2022, 08:53 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dos and Don'ts of C3G Design for Fans and Allies

I'm just reflecting a bit and think this would be a good idea for a thread for new designers out in the public. Basically anyone with wisdom to share is welcome to reply here on what does and doesn't make a good design. Maybe everything could be condensed into a quick guide for the welcome page.

These first few are mostly just a few things I picked up along the way from various Heroes and members that will help anyone new to the designing for the game.

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old July 27th, 2022, 09:03 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dos and Don'ts of C3G Design

I sometimes like to scour over all the cards in the library. Some of these cards are old and some of these designs might not actually pass today's standards for the game in its current meta or what have you if they were LDed today.

What to avoid: One thing on old cards that I think most find not worth putting on a card is highly specific counter-drafting, powers like Daredevil's (I) Criminal Intimidation or Wonder Man's Celebrity Status. While powers like this may be thematic, they will rarely come up in-game and are seen as taking up space that could otherwise be another more interesting power.

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 09:27 PM.
Old July 27th, 2022, 09:07 PM

Basic things to know:

- As a general rule only about a maximum of 15 lines of power text will fit on the card art.

- Three powers is generally the average for Unique Heroes. Don't try to squeeze on four powers, at least not until you have led a few successful designs.

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old July 27th, 2022, 09:12 PM

Re: Dos and Don'ts of C3G Design for Fans and Allies

Useful tidbit:

Does your character fit into a faction? Look at the roles the designs in that faction play, what is missing, what could be improved, what ground has already been covered?
Old July 27th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a neat idea, I'll have to think about what I can offer.
Old July 28th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great tips!

Some high-level notes to consider:

1. It's a big library. What makes this card worth drafting and what armies do I want it to feel most worth drafting in? Is anything it's doing going to be more appealing to unthematic armies than thematic ones?

2. What is this going to feel like to play *against*? Is there anything about its power set that's going to make it feel like a slog or just generally unfun due to how much it shuts down the opposing player's ability to do anything on their turn?

3. How hard is it to keep up with or track the things going on mechanically? Is there anything that can be simplified or clarified (such as power triggers and timing)?

4. How swingy or luck-based is the card? Is it going to massively overperform in some games and massively underperform in others? Is there a way to make it feel less random?

5. Don't be a dick. How you express things during the design process is at least as important as what you express. Ask questions, ask follow up questions, and signal to folks that you've listened to and considered the answers. You don't always have to agree with them and should form your own opinion, but make sure you're showing your respect for them and you're welcoming of other perspectives than your own.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
What to avoid: One thing on old cards that I think most find not worth putting on a card is highly specific counter-drafting, powers like Daredevil's (I) Criminal Intimidation or Wonder Man's Celebrity Status. While powers like this may be thematic, they will rarely come up in-game and are seen as taking up space that could otherwise be another more interesting power.
I think it's worth mentioning that having a counter-draft element to a wider power often feels better than having a power that's exclusively focused on being a counter-draft. A lot of our electrical attacks, for example, hit Androids and Cyborgs harder. But they still work perfectly fine against most other units too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
- As a general rule only about a maximum of 15 lines of power text will fit on the card art.
I've heard this number, but I'd note that it also does vary depending on what device you're viewing the text on. (Mobile especially!)

This is a brilliant idea for a thread!
Old July 30th, 2022, 09:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

On the counter draft power thing, I'd say that minor soft counters are ok but not really exciting. It's when you get into long powers that are hard counters that you're really in the weeds.

Like Criminals rolling one less defense is ok. Largely irrelevant even when facing them and I'd check if you had something more important / interesting the character needs doing to do instead. But not terrible.

Spending 5 sentences on a power that only mind controls enemy Androids and such like that is not ok IMO. It either does nothing and is no fun for you, or screws over your opponent and is no fun for them. Nothing positive is added by that.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 1st, 2022, 10:24 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are definite dos and don'ts, good buddy of wearing a bold striped shirt. A bold stripe shirt calls for solid colored or discreetly patterned suits and ties.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape