Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old April 29th, 2016, 06:43 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
We have come up with some rules for integrating the two games in another thread.
If it's not too much trouble could you point us to the specific rules you are referring to? I'm not being lazy, it's just that there are so many threads touching on this subject that I don't know which one has the specific rules you refer to. I am very interested in using AotP as a Heroscape expansion, when I get it.
Try this: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=52515
Old April 29th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
We have come up with some rules for integrating the two games in another thread.
If it's not too much trouble could you point us to the specific rules you are referring to? I'm not being lazy, it's just that there are so many threads touching on this subject that I don't know which one has the specific rules you refer to. I am very interested in using AotP as a Heroscape expansion, when I get it.
If you draft Planeswalker, draft deck with it. If place order marker on Planeswalker, may take turn with any summon instead. Cannot cast or summon if Planeswalker dead.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:12 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

This post has the actual rules:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7&postcount=79
Old April 30th, 2016, 09:32 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post
Interesting restraint with Enchantments.
But two major changes were made that I disagree with. Casting only before moving: in AotP you may also cast after moving. Summoning before or after moving: in AotP, you may summon only before moving.

Old April 30th, 2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
But two major changes were made that I disagree with. Casting only before moving: in AotP you may also cast after moving. Summoning before or after moving: in AotP, you may summon only before moving.
Well, in AOTP you can't cast until after attacking actually, but you're right, those are changes. I don't know if these were intentional or were just misunderstandings of the rules of AOTP. I would just go with the AOTP rules for those.

I don't know why they wanted to restrict enchantments. I would just ignore that.
Old April 30th, 2016, 11:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Several people are doing different things with the game. If you look around, you'll find other threads, so you can take from each what you like, or don't like. Any one person claiming that his thread is the "official" way of doing things here in a Question Dump, such as a way of combining the two games, is really only offering you his own variant.

Last edited by chas; July 19th, 2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old April 30th, 2016, 07:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
There's some interesting discussion earlier in the thread. I outlined a basic idea here and we dicussed it for quite a few posts afterwards.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 1st, 2016, 12:44 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
There's some interesting discussion earlier in the thread. I outlined a basic idea here and we dicussed it for quite a few posts afterwards.
Thank you @capsocrates for going through the trouble. I actually received the game today as a gift from my Wife. My boy and I played our first game tonight using the standard AotP rules. I'll be trying out your ideas soon with Heroscape.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 1st, 2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old May 1st, 2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, in AOTP you can't cast until after attacking actually, but you're right, those are changes. I don't know if these were intentional or were just misunderstandings of the rules of AOTP. I would just go with the AOTP rules for those.

I don't know why they wanted to restrict enchantments. I would just ignore that.
Can definitely cast before attacking. Else combat sorceries would be worthless.
In MtG, precombat : combat : post combat.
In AotP, it's basically the same thing, except instead of tapping to attack, play HS. You may cast before and after, up to a total of 3 spells.

Old May 1st, 2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can definitely cast before attacking. Else combat sorceries would be worthless.
In MtG, precombat : combat : post combat.
In AotP, it's basically the same thing, except instead of tapping to attack, play HS. You may cast before and after, up to a total of 3 spells.
I wasn't completely clear in what I wrote, sorry. You can indeed cast before moving and after attacking. I meant to point out that you cannot cast between moving and attacking. The way I read your post you implied that you could do that.

Here's the rule from page 6:

Quote:
You may play spell cards before Action 3 and after Action 4.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I wasn't completely clear in what I wrote, sorry. You can indeed cast before moving and after attacking. I meant to point out that you cannot cast between moving and attacking. The way I read your post you implied that you could do that.
ah yes. Moving and attacking and activating powers (playing HS) is what all is done during the "combat phase" using Magic: the Gathering terminology.

Old May 9th, 2016, 07:57 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

When you place an enchantment card down on an army card, does it last the entire span of the game, unless otherwise stated or negated by another spell?

And is there a limit to how many enchantments an army card can have at any given time?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs