Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 5th, 2019, 06:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deadman (Design Phase)

The people have spoken. Vagabond has it for class.

I've upped the roll to 15+ with +3 for friendly possession (2 harder for enemies, 1 easier for allies from previous version). I appreciate the wording suggestions Dysole and Karat, but I don't think we're there yet. The power must state that Deadman's player has control over the possessed figure for the purposes of Zatanna synergy (else Possessed Acrobatics can't be manipulated).

With that squared away and no other comments on the design aspects, I propose we move to Initial Playtesting!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Deadman (VOTE for Initial Playtesting)

yea but still worth considering if there are some species that should be immune.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2019, 12:23 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Woops, I forgot about that tidbit. Does anybody have further lore information besides Alexan? In Brightest Day, he took over quite a few things, but I don't remember there being anything strange like Zombies.

Old March 6th, 2019, 12:27 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd do the standard 'unliving set'. Androids/Constructs/Undead. I'm not sure about zombies, but he definitely shouldn't be able to possess other ghosts.

Yea once we get the right thematic immunities figured out.
Old March 6th, 2019, 12:56 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

One of the Blackest Night tie-ins had him possessing Black Lanterns (and having them tear themselves apart IIRC), so undead probably shouldn't be immune.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 6th, 2019, 01:10 AM

I'm fine with Androids and Constructs. In terms of Undead, I would rather allow the specific examples (as Soundwarp and Alexan are saying with zombies/Black Lanterns) and have ghosts be a weird thing that are included rather than have actual comic examples be a weird thing that are excluded.

Old March 6th, 2019, 02:16 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I missed the new Zatanna. Just a minor tweak to my wording then.
Quote:
SPECTRAL POSSESSION 13
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of moving normally, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card and take control of that card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with a figure affected by Spectral Possession. At the end of the round, or when a figure affected by Spectral Possession is destroyed, if Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure and return the Card to the player who originally controlled it.
Yea for Initial
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:33 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I half wonder if he could possess Androids, but I'm OK with that set of two. I considered suggesting Entity, but those are almost all Event Heroes (other than Uncle Sam and Sam) so largely not worth it. We don't have Spirits or Ghosts. So, yeah, seems like Android and Construct work.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2019, 02:48 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

He should not be able to possess unfriendly Magic Users.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 6th, 2019, 04:56 PM

Re: The Book of Deadman (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
SPECTRAL POSSESSION 13

After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may choose a Unique Hero adjacent to Deadman and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, place Deadman on that Unique Hero's card. You control that Unique Hero while Deadman is on its card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn with that figure. At the end of the round or when the chosen figure is destroyed while Deadman is on its card, place Deadman on a space adjacent to the space currently or previously occupied by that figure. Spectral Possession cannot be used on Androids, Constructs, or figures with the Magical Defense special power.
Good call Spidey. This is where we're at. One vote pending for Initial Playtesting.

Old March 6th, 2019, 08:06 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Not to muddy the water here, but Deadman can possess any living being or animal. In addition he has trouble possessing individuals with strong minds and he is not able to possess an individual that is under hypnotic suggestion. My points here are that undead should not be able to be under Spectral Possession, which would include zombies. Anyone that is mind shackled should also not be able to be under Spectral Possession. The hard part is how to determine characters that have strong minds. Naturally Batman is one of those individuals and he is "Driven". I would have to believe that Professor X definitely has a strong mind, but he is "Resolute".
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:44 PM

Seems like there's textual evidence of him possessing the Undead. So it's a disputed concept at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
One of the Blackest Night tie-ins had him possessing Black Lanterns (and having them tear themselves apart IIRC), so undead probably shouldn't be immune.
As far as strong minds, I think that tends to be fluid, as minds are not static things, and that the D20 roll should give an idea of how strong the mind resisting him is at a given moment. It's a good reason to have the bonus when trying to possess a figure you control, because they're not resisting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library