Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:57 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Varkaanan Blade Dancers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb from space View Post
"Place that Varkaanan Blade Dancer on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure" : can she end this mouvement on a ladder or on a glyph ?
Yes, that's why we avoided the more common "empty space" wording, exactly so the Dancers could vault onto a glyph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
I am not usually one to complain (although this is debatable), but the grammar in this sentence has a horrendous error:

A Varkaanan Blade Dancer rolls one additional defense die for each opponent's figure she is engaged to.

Never end a sentence with "to." I would correct this to be:

A Varkaanan Blade Dancer rolls one additional defense die for each opponent's figure with whom she is engaged.

Please consider revising it!
You know, my grandfather told me that Winston Churchill was once criticized for ending a sentence with a preposition. His response: "That, sir, is a slur up with which I shall not put."

I don't think I have anything to add to that.
Winston Churchill also suffered from mental illness. That quote, if true, may surely be in jest; no Englishman would purposefully degrade the English language, except maybe a Cockney. Save the language!
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Winston Churchill also suffered from mental illness.
Jon Ronson, author of The Psychopath Test, said: "One out of every hundred people walking around are psychopaths." There are 26,681 members of these fora; that means that 266 of us (roughly) are psychopaths.

I'm willing to cut Churchill some slack.

Quote:
Save the language!
Yes, and I'm sure you used to walk several miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways. Ah, nostalgia! Particularly for that which never existed. Its siren song can be tempting, it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I assume that Blade Dancers moved with Defensive Vault do receive leaving engagement attacks?
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:30 AM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
I assume that Blade Dancers moved with Defensive Vault do receive leaving engagement attacks?
No.
Read the card.
Old September 29th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sorry, Deathdoom, but:

Old September 29th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post

(I know dalu already answered, but I get to use this smiley so rarely ... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Last edited by Xotli; September 29th, 2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Damn! Ninja'ed by Taeblewalker!
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

The funny thing is, English isn't even dalu's first language.
Old September 29th, 2011, 11:08 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I read the card, I just didn't retain anything.

Last edited by DeathDoom; September 29th, 2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: More like a Brillo pad than a sponge...
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Then the same smiley, for Retain the f*ing card!

Old December 25th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I can't believe these ladies are only medium, and they really don't look like they're only 6 hexes high.

"The Varkaanan Blade Dancers are harder to hit when they're surrounded by a bunch of people."
"Why should that make such a difference?"
"Well, you use... different moves... when fighting half a dozen people... than you do... when fighting... just one."

Also, I agree with Winston Churchill; prepositions are a part of speech that I consider acceptable, in anything but an English paper or business contract, to end sentences with.

L.K.R.
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
"Well, you use... different moves... when fighting half a dozen people... than you do... when fighting... just one."
Yeah, that's the exact Princess Bride quote I had in mind when we were designing these ladies.
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:58 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I can't believe these ladies are only medium, and they really don't look like they're only 6 hexes high.

"The Varkaanan Blade Dancers are harder to hit when they're surrounded by a bunch of people."
"Why should that make such a difference?"

Also, I agree with Winston Churchill; prepositions are a part of speech that I consider acceptable, in anything but an English paper or business contract, to end sentences with.
Sentinels IMHO are not exactly 6 hexes high, either...but that is what they are listed at for game purposes. We felt making the Varkaanans (which there are more in the works) all large would make them too "expensive" in the long run, so we followed with the precedent made by the Sentinels of Classic Scape.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs