Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 14th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Breathing Period)

Actually, thinking about this more, Cap, Star-Lord and height all potentially make him effect even more figures let alone if you plant him next to peeps like Bane.

{Edit} As is I'd probably run him with Cap, Star-Lord, and Mr Sinister. I'd have Mister Sinister change his attack value to an 8 and then keep him in range of Cap and Star-Lord effectively giving him 10 attack. 11 with height. Meaning his brutality would affect just about anyone.

I think we just need to put a number in there to avoid cheesy shenanigans like I I just described. Something like "....an Attack value of 3 or less...."

Last edited by Karat; November 14th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Actually, thinking about this more, Cap, Star-Lord and height all potentially make him effect even more figures let alone if you plant him next to peeps like Bane.

{Edit} As is I'd probably run him with Cap, Star-Lord, and Mr Sinister. I'd have Mister Sinister change his attack value to an 8 and then keep him in range of Cap and Star-Lord effectively giving him 10 attack. 11 with height. Meaning his brutality would affect just about anyone.

I think we just need to put a number in there to avoid cheesy shenanigans like I I just described. Something like "....an Attack value of 3 or less...."
That's a lot of effort to go to for a -1 attack effect.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

Maybe, but I can see it being competitively useful. Especially when facing someone like Superman or the Flash who are near impossible to wound already.
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

And I have a hard time seeing that strategy succeed. You would have to get rid of all his other numbered markers first and then hit the role for Crossbones (14+).
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

I may be wrong but I don’t think cappy and Star-Lords attack boost helps here. I thought that Attack Number meant the number on the card. Stat boosters say add one to the “attack number” not change the attack number.

Mr Sinister however does change the attack number.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Some powers (see Optimus Prime) do add to the Attack number, some just have the figure roll additional dice. Cap and Star-Lord are in the latter group. Minor mechanical difference, but it would be relevant here - he makes for a potent double attacker if you can stack those specific Prime type powers up, but there's probably more efficient (and less conditional) figures if that's you're strategy.
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Plus, it seems thematic to me. If Crossbones's combat ability improves, then he should be more willing to bully stronger characters. If he's attacking Nick Fury downhill, he'll be more confident and bullying. If Mr. Sinister genetically engineers him to have Thor levels of strength, then he probably would enjoy slapping Captain America about with his newfound abilties. That's a feature, to my mind, rather than a bug, and if this were the case it'd make me much happier about the 3 or less attack version we've got if something like height will allow him to bully more figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Some powers (see Optimus Prime) do add to the Attack number, some just have the figure roll additional dice. Cap and Star-Lord are in the latter group. Minor mechanical difference, but it would be relevant here - he makes for a potent double attacker if you can stack those specific Prime type powers up, but there's probably more efficient (and less conditional) figures if that's you're strategy.
He only double attacks at range.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Height advantage also adds to your dice rather than upping your Attack Number, I believe.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m not liking how confusing that is, with having to check if the extra dice come from “adding to your attack number” or “rolling extra attack dice.” And yeah, which one does height advantage count for?
Old November 14th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could make it static and easy to define and write “printed Attack Number.” Or you could lean in to the boost and say if he rolls more attack dice than the defending figure’s printed Attack number.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Height advantage is just dice, not the number.

"Height advantage: If the base of one figure is higher than the base of the other figure (no matter what their actual size or height), the higher figure has height advantage and rolls 1 extra die for either attack or defense. If the base of the higher figure is 10 or more levels higher than the height of the lower figure, the higher figure instead rolls 2 extra dice for either attack or defense."

(I forgot about that last part!)

I wouldn't mind going with "Attack number on this card" which should be clear?
Old November 14th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Hard as ice

I'd actually much prefer it if we could swing it so that it was affected by attack boosts. Seems more fun, more thematic, more tactical, IMO.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library