Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I was in a fun mood last night, so watched The Iron Giant for the 3rd or 4th time. Great movie, with so much symbolism and is fun for kids and adults. Brad Bird (writer/director) went on to Pixar to write/direct The Incredibles and Ratatouille - some of my all time favorite animated movies, if not movies in general. It won a Annie Award for Best Animated Feature, and if they had a Best Animated Feature award that year, either Iron Giant or The Prince of Egypt (another one of my favorites) would have won.
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:50 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

^ Not to mention Brad Bird's Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol had been hailed as the best one in the franchise.
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Threads. 80's film about nuclear war. It's like The War Game, except less of a documentary and more of a movie.

I kind of stopped wanting to watch this movie when an expectant mother started to wish her baby was dead because there was no point without her fiance. The hospital scene was even worse.

I kind of want to just dig a hole in the ground and hide from the impending nuclear doom that awaits us. No, wait, scratch that. It makes me want to get a girlfriend and hold her tight and lose my v card before it's too late. Maybe then we'll dig a hole for the fallout shelter, lol.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:20 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Went to see The Phantom Menace in 3D today. The 3D was ehhh, but just going to the theater again for Star Wars was a ton of fun. I still don't get why people clap for movies though.

They brought some people out before the movie and had a trivia challenge to give away free posters, and I got one, so I'm pretty happy.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Woman in Black. It wasn't very good. At all.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Went to see The Phantom Menace in 3D today. The 3D was ehhh, but just going to the theater again for Star Wars was a ton of fun. I still don't get why people clap for movies though.

They brought some people out before the movie and had a trivia challenge to give away free posters, and I got one, so I'm pretty happy.
Congratulations. Our family is going to see TPM tomorrow. I'm not a big 3D fan, but the chance to see Star Wars on the big screen again is too good to pass up. Our youngest child has never seen anything SW on a screen bigger than a TV. The pod race needs to be viewed on a screen as big as a barn with theater sound!

Not one step backwards!
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Journey 2.

The Kid liked it, anyway.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post

Congratulations. Our family is going to see TPM tomorrow. I'm not a big 3D fan, but the chance to see Star Wars on the big screen again is too good to pass up. Our youngest child has never seen anything SW on a screen bigger than a TV. The pod race needs to be viewed on a screen as big as a barn with theater sound!
The only good movies in 3D are the ones actually filmed in 3D. Sadly, the vast majority of "3D" movies, were all done post conversion. A bit excited about Spider-Man, since it will be the first superhero movie filmed in 3D and the way spidey moves should be interesting with a real depth to it.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

3D movies are like extended warranties. They don't actually pay off in most cases.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Just finished Sword of War. It's about King Barbarossa invading Milan. I loved the story. Some good cinematography and pretty decent battle scenes. But it suffered a lot with poor script, acting and directing.
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Really, what more needs to be said?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:13 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The wife treated me to star wars 3d last night. Was really hoping they would have boosted up Darth mauls screen time since Lucas can never seem to leave his films alone, but unfortunately it was the same. The 3d really wasnt worth the price of admission (my wife said after the film "so what was 3d about that?) The film just felt like Lucas drying to drain the last bit of juice out an already squeezed lemon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies