Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Master Set 3?
I love it and will be buying multiples! 89 35.89%
I'll get one just because I collect all heroscape. 48 19.35%
I'll just be getting it for the terrain. 10 4.03%
I would have liked it more if it was seperate like Marvelscape. 26 10.48%
I hate the idea of D&D with Heroscape at all. 22 8.87%
It's okay. 23 9.27%
I think I'll get it one just because it strikes my curiosity. 30 12.10%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 15th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thoughts on Master Set 3?

So. What are your thoughts on Master Set 3?
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Thoughts on Master Set 3?

I'll probably be OK with it as long as "Master Set 3" doesn't mean that D&D is the future of Heroscape.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

We needed another thread about this???
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
We needed another thread about this???
I wanted a poll just to see the opinions in numbers.
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm somewhere between your first two options. I'll probably buy two sets for the terrain. I'm very excited to get new figures, but given that we're getting new figures I'm comparatively less excited by these ones compared to, say, marro, soulborgs or humans (it's not the D&D thing; it's a more general subgenre-preference thing).
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I will be getting two of this set. I get two of each unique just so I do not have to fight with my wife if we both want to use the same fig. It also comes in handy when I am trying to teach the game to someone else. I think that this set has the potential to greatly expand the Heroscape player base. I am concerned that the historical and Sci-Fi elements might get short thrift for a few waves though. No love for Vydar there! This does look to be going back to Heroscape's roots as a simple, scenario based game and not a hyper competive tournament game. I see nothing wrong in this. If a figure in the new set is really good it will show up in the tournaments. If not I am sure that the new players will enjoy adding the other figs that are already out to this Master Set.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

My feelings?

Lets just say, my entire heroscape collection is going to be on ebay soon...

... The only salvation would be if this was another OnyxViper type hoax.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I may be done purchasing Scape after I get my Wave 10 common packs. Been a long run, but what I see so far doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Last edited by Uprising; August 15th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
My feelings?

Lets just say, my entire heroscape collection is going to be on ebay soon...

... The only salvation would be if this was another OnyxViper type hoax.
I can understand not buying more if you don't like it, but selling what you already have becasue of the new stuff is quite the over reaction.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Star Wolf is surprisingly tart

I would have liked it more if it was seperate like marvelscape. I always thought HS was great on its own and it didn't need some already popular game figures meant for a different game to make it better.

But im still really excited about all this new stuff. (shadow tiles, rocks, dungeon tiles, scenarios) I'll probably get 2 or 3 of these when it comes out.

Star Wolf's scenarios

Q9-"I'm poor, I need more points. Please won't you help me?"

Taelord-"BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................NO!"
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

I hope to be buying multiple sets of this. Two for the figures as I like to have two of each unique and a few for the terrain.

That being said, I have never made a map from any of the rule books and haven't played any scenarios and I still look forward to this set. I can see where many are worried that this maybe the "Jumping the Shark" moment. I don't think we'd have as much problem with this set if it didn't say D&D on the box and have D&D sculpts. We wouldn't know any different.

One concern that I do have is that the Heroscape sculpts are always much better (in my opinion) than the D&D sculpts and I hope we don't get D&D quality sculpts or paint jobs. (I know, I read about the painting improvement to bring the current sculpts up to Heroscape standards) <--That right there says that our game is quality.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:59 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
One concern that I do have is that the Heroscape sculpts are always much better (in my opinion) than the D&D sculpts and I hope we don't get D&D quality sculpts or paint jobs. (I know, I read about the painting improvement to bring the current sculpts up to Heroscape standards) <--That right there says that our game is quality.
D&D Minis Rare figures were pretty good. The Uncommons were decent sometimes, but the Commons were absolutely horrendous rubbish. Cheap thin plastic, garbage paint jobs and cheesy stances.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion