Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Things are picking up here. Awesome
Excellent review and follow-up on the Sneaks Killometer.
Great job, SoV crew

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:29 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

As much I love the elementals, and how they represent the different elements, there's one that I found a bit disappointing. The earth elemental doesn't feel quite earthy enough to me. In my mind, it should almost be a Juggernaut type feel to it: Walk down, and smash you in the face. Enter, the Stone Elemental.

This guy's been hitting my table for a while now, and he feels about right at 35. He provides a nice, solid defense to bulk up your Elemental army, and is pretty good at smashing things, as well as staying around to smash more things. The only tricky part is keeping Kurrok alive. Without your elementalist, all of the Stone Elementals turn right back into boulders.

Probably the thing I like best about it is the way that the Stone Elemental can mess with anyone playing Raelin. With Shield Crush, any figure with 4 or 5 defense will actually benefit from staying away from the defense aura, as +2 attack is better than +2 defense.

Availability is pretty good, for the figure used, D&D War Drums Elemental Wall, abPrices shows around 65, and eBay currently has a number upwards of 50.
(abPrices) (eBay)
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Talk to me about De-Animate. Why consider them "uncontrolled destructible objects"? Why not just have them unable to move and attack?
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I've updated the original submission post with a revised card to fully communicate the intentions of the power. Please check for the new wording on Poisonous Bite.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
I've updated the original submission post with a revised card to fully communicate the intentions of the power. Please check for the new wording on Poisonous Bite.
With that update, I'm changing my vote to YES for the Ragweb Spider.

I need to ponder the Stone Elemental a bit more. I have concerns about what "6 or more defense" precisely means in game terminology, and I'm not so sure about changing into destructible objects.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Talk to me about De-Animate. Why consider them "uncontrolled destructible objects"? Why not just have them unable to move and attack?
Many of the people I play with are big fans of C3G, and my main intent for "Uncontrolled destructible objects" was to avoid a potential problematic interaction with the Joker's Reorganized Chaos. Of course, depending on how consistent the SoV wants to be with the C3G, the wording can certainly be changed.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

So, you're worried that OMs could be placed on them (by an opposing power)?

We aren't at all worried about the C3G mixing seamlessly with the SoV. (In fact, the C3G are the most adamant that their work is not meant to be compatible with "classic" Scape.)

However, there could be a power (seems possible) that would move OMs (like the Joker does).

Why not just say "can't move, attack, or have OMs placed on their card"? (Something like that.)

Turning into DOs, well, just seems really odd.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

YES to review the Ragweb Spider

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Here's the Stone Elemental card with the new wording for De-Animate.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

What would happen if you decide to use these guys as fillers? Or if they are the last figures you control?

It appears to me you are trying to force the power that all Elementals theorically should have: they return to their "element" state when no Elementalist is around. But it's already established that this is not done with the other elementals.

I think it may be best to remove De-Animate and change their move to 3 to keep their cost at 35.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:08 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't like army cards becoming useless if a separate figure is destroyed.
Also, these guys should be slower, at least Move 4 to tie with the Earth Elemental.

What about modifying the power to reflect Newton's First Law...though I can't think of a cool title.

"Mobile or Immobile"
If you do not have an elementalist figure, multiple order markers must be on a Stone Elemental army card to activate it.
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Or make De-Animate "If you do not have an elementalist figure, Stone Elemental's Move and Attack values are reduced to 1."?

That way De-Animate doesn't make them In-animate, just much less animate than they were to begin with.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs