Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Design Team Props Thread

I am making this thread because once again (with the release of Siege) we have been shown what an amazing contribution the current design team has done for Heroscape. This has been a challenging period for many Heroscape fans, with both the uncertainty on the future of Heroscape period, the shift to DnD, Heroscape disappearing from most Walmarts, and a complete uncertainty regarding any possible return to "Classic" Heroscape.

Because of all these things, there have been many contentious arguments about the game we all love. Yes, we are only getting fantasy units right now. Yes, some (but by no means all) of them are of lower quality than we are used to, yes, the reusing of DnD minis has directly affected the content of the last several waves.

These are all things that have raised the ire of many a fan and turned 'Scaper against 'Scaper. However, despite how we feel about these changes, regardless of how much we wish things might be otherwise, there is one thing I feel most if not all of us can agree on. The job the design team has done.

Since Wave 9 (forgive me if the current design team started earlier) we have had some of the most diverse, interesting, and "meta" game changing figures came out. They have had to deal with limited figure selection, vagaries of DnD rules, and they have repeatedly came out on top. I think they have not only done a good job but have gone so much above and beyond, taking something that could have easily became a disaster and turning it into a great thing. Their love for the game is plain for anyone to see and the work they have put in designing some of the most interesting units is clear. So I say to the design team - Great work and we do truly appreciate everything you have done and given to keep this game not only alive, but thriving. Thank you so much for making this game better and better and I can only say I thank from my heart and my son thanks you as well!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion