Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 9th, 2015, 11:06 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
This and this.

Two years apart.

I don't get it. Why was the figure announced twice?
Old September 9th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Because I didn't see that Zaphod had announced it previously. We try to announce minis at a particular point in our process, and in this case, the design passed through that point two times. So I accidentally announced it a second time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 9th, 2015, 12:38 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I guess that's why the mini is twice as expensive and twice as unavailable.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old September 9th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, we didn't forget. We weren't going to take it *off* the list. As Ollie said, anybody who wants to see us get through our development cycle faster, just sign up to playtest.

= =
Old September 14th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Any suggestions on the number of Russians/Pirates/Confederates to get the most out of the squads?

It is so easy to under/over estimate how many figures you may need to make a squad viable. If they are like the Zombies or Drones we might want to get 4-6 Squads. If they are like Minions or Templar, you may get away with 2-3.

Since tracking down some of these minis can be tricky (especially for us in outside the USA) it would be nice to have some idea going in (unless that unit is up for playtesting, since you can get a sneak preview that way).

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 16th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Any suggestions on the number of Russians/Pirates/Confederates to get the most out of the squads?

It is so easy to under/over estimate how many figures you may need to make a squad viable. If they are like the Zombies or Drones we might want to get 4-6 Squads. If they are like Minions or Templar, you may get away with 2-3.

Since tracking down some of these minis can be tricky (especially for us in outside the USA) it would be nice to have some idea going in (unless that unit is up for playtesting, since you can get a sneak preview that way).
Personally (and I stress that this is my personal opinion and thus should be taken with many grains of salt), I divide common squads into 4 categories: power squad (e.g. minions or templar), normal squad, horde squad (e.g. orcs or Romans), and swarm squad (e.g. zombies or drones). My personal numbers are 3, 4, 5, and 6, respectively, but 2, 3, 4, and 5 would work well too, especially if you're trying to be fiscally conservative. Or whatever numbers work best for you.

By my ranking, all 3 of the squads you mention are normal squads (again, just my opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 16th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Personally (and I stress that this is my personal opinion and thus should be taken with many grains of salt), I divide common squads into 4 categories: power squad (e.g. minions or templar), normal squad, horde squad (e.g. orcs or Romans), and swarm squad (e.g. zombies or drones). My personal numbers are 3, 4, 5, and 6, respectively, but 2, 3, 4, and 5 would work well too, especially if you're trying to be fiscally conservative. Or whatever numbers work best for you.

By my ranking, all 3 of the squads you mention are normal squads (again, just my opinion).
I apprechiate your candor. I'm in complete agreement with your divison of squads. This was farily easy to guess with the Gorrillatroopers (Power) and Ants (swarm) but 2 man squads are tricky to guess on. The Deathwings could have been more swarmy, while the Gorrillatroopers could have been normal. Some of @Scytale 's 2 man squads really demand a bunch due to the way they play.

The same holds true for Common heroes. You want a lot of Pathfinders, while a couple of Couriers may be enough. Hoplitrons and Gladaitrix falls somewhere in the middle.

Thanks for the suggestion on numbers, I look forward to seeing them on the playtesting circit so I can get a feel for them myself.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:19 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
<~snip/snip~>
Personally . . . <~snip/snip~>
Thanks guys. Every snippet of information as 'hints' does help us lurkers a lot. I already have a number of based Confederates equal to my number of 20th Maine Imperial Federal troopers for obvious reasons, and I recently got one of each of the 12 Pathfinder Pirates, so I can build therefore build 3x squads by using proxies if I need to until another one of these is added to our inventory as a unique hero, but I guess for my next acquisition I will have rush to get me some Russians.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:29 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
...rush to get me some Russians.
This reminded me of the old coin-op arcade game Rush 'N Attack.
Old September 16th, 2015, 07:16 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
...rush to get me some Russians.
This reminded me of the old coin-op arcade game Rush 'N Attack.
This reminded me of the old drug-store skin cream Rash Attack.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old September 17th, 2015, 12:43 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

It reminded me of the old joke about a high school boy out on his first date and after comparing zodiac signs for compatibility, the discussion turned to their personal genealogies when he suddenly realized that he just had Russian hands and Roman fingers... or something like that (~~lol~~)

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 9th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I want to share a great table made by @lefton4ya . All the info you need to start shopping for C3V minis right here, all in one place, with links to shopping resources. Thanks, Lefty!

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs