Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 10/07 - Power Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This is why I've been backing up all the cards Sherman's been making for me on my external harddrive. Just in case he ever up and disappears on me or something.
Not to worry - I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Good idea about backing up the cards, though. I may start doing that for all my GIMP files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I like them. I think they do a good job of capturing the flavor. I still would like to see the Jack Hammer Special Attack (when he would go from cloud overhead to 6 inch tall boy with the same mass landing on their head). Maybe an attack of 3-4 and a chance of removing an order marker. But he already has a lot of special ability text and three specials.
Yeah, I didn't have room for one more power and Jack Hammer was the one that I felt could be dropped since it's essentially just a normal melee attack from a 7-year old kid. I may end up bumping Jack's attack to a 3 just to represent the surprise nature of having 60 lbs of white boy drop on your head. Plus, it would give the Pack another offensive option - right now, it's all on Katie's shoulders.
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
This is why I've been backing up all the cards Sherman's been making for me on my external harddrive. Just in case he ever up and disappears on me or something.
Not to worry - I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Good idea about backing up the cards, though. I may start doing that for all my GIMP files.
After the week that wasn't, I backed up all my stuff, all the NM24 and TNT cards, and all the C3G cards on my external harddrive. It's way more space than I'm ever going to use at this point, so I figured why not?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Mine and Felindar's Power Pack (and other cards) are back online SD if your still want to check them out.

Edit: Keep in mind that Felindar wanted some power on Gee's card that would allow all four to move in one round. I tried going with the Uglinesh route, but Felindar wanted something simpler (for this I had to cost him at Uglinesh price range ). Anyway, the one issue of PP that I had and research on the internet, it seemed like they had some defensive abilities to ingore wounds and they all had Kymelian healing, so that's why I put that on every card. I guess I had Lightspeed's defense kind of high because her Shields UP was at 14, on the higher end. Plus she didn't have anything in the way of offense that I could see, but she could fly fast, so I gave her a 5 defense.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; October 8th, 2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - 10/24 - Thor

Not bad, though I think 360 is a tad low for the god of Thunder. Wouldn't mind seeing him have an extra life and a bump of 20 or so points.
No issues with the left box or power text. I do wonder a little, however, if I would ever bother using his normal attack with those two specials. I mean, sure, technically I have the potential to get 8 skulls on his normal attack, but it seems like I'd have a much better chance to get a consistently high amount of skulls with his hammer. Maybe some more restrictions on that - like he can only use it against non adjacent figures?
Obviously, when you're going after squads, you want to use the Lightning Strike Special Attack every time.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree regarding making the Mjolnir Special Attack vs. non-adjacent figures only. Thematically, it makes more sense to have a ranged attack specific to throwing his hammer. I also wouldn't mind seeing him with another life, he's tough to kill. Heck, he couldn't be killed when Hela I believe put that curse on him where he'd never die, but he'd never heal and he'd feel every broken bone grinding forever. That's when he made that body armor, poor guy could barely walk.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:40 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll add a line about targeting non-adjacent figures to the Mjolnir special attack when I update him. As for his life, I think he's pretty tough with 6 defense, 7 life. I'm trying to keep his point cost just under the Hulk and my 370-point Superman, since I envision them both as being slightly more powerful.
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Fair enough. I tend to base my thinking more on the 400 point C3G Superman, and the 20-30 point boost I'd love to give the official Hulk, so that probably accounts for the discrepancy.

Old October 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
...the 20-30 point boost I'd love to give the official Hulk...
So what's stopping you?
Old October 24th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
...the 20-30 point boost I'd love to give the official Hulk...
So what's stopping you?
Meh, I'll do Marvel customs as part of C3G. No driving desire to do them on my own when I've got so many DC customs in the works as is.

Old October 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I just have to say that the background on that card is unbelievably good. And I agree with your current reasoning on cost/life If you did want to boost him, I would have gone with one more defense die rather than 1 extra life anyway. But I totally get where you're coming from where you want his power and cost to fit in with the rest of YOUR customs.
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I agree with your current reasoning on cost/life If you did want to boost him, I would have gone with one more defense die rather than 1 extra life anyway.
Yeah, I was thinking that if I had wanted to boost him above Hulk, a higher defense might've been the way to go. In my mind, defense in Heroscape represents agility, armor, impenetrability, etc... while life is more a measure of grit and toughness. It's why my Sgt. Rock custom has 6 life, being an old-school, Greatest Generation badass.

EDIT: Thor has been updated to reflect IAmBatman's and Hahma's suggestion.
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:06 PM

I tend to break down life according to species somewhat, since I mostly do DC customs and there are a few pretty iconic species.
So it's usually - normal humans 4
most superhumans/Atlanteans 5
Martians/Amazons 6
Kryptonians/New Gods 7
I'm sure I'm leaving some big ones out, and there are derivations on some of those due to things like age/perceived strength or frailty/what "feels" right, etc. But that's kind of my mental template.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations