Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

Defensive Power

Even though this is a two horse race... I imagine they'll end up having low defense because of their size, so a defensive power would suit them.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

When this poll is going to end, I'll post the 3 versions of the card that I made to choose the dispotion of the figures on the right of the card. (because the results are not perfect... it's hard with squads !)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm thinking we've got a pretty solid majority for the "Swarm-Based Offensive Power" and should start brainstorming there.

I think we should just go with Mob Attack, honestly. Simple power, does what we want it to, and even though it ends with them sharing two powers with the Cutters I feel like the third makes a huge difference in their playstyles. They should FEEL different even if they don't look it at first blush.
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:07 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm thinking we've got a pretty solid majority for the "Swarm-Based Offensive Power" and should start brainstorming there.

I think we should just go with Mob Attack, honestly. Simple power, does what we want it to, and even though it ends with them sharing two powers with the Cutters I feel like the third makes a huge difference in their playstyles. They should FEEL different even if they don't look it at first blush.
Exactly. The fact that they're a 3 man squad will make it even easier to make them unique.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:10 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

So the vote is over?

I'd like to propose:

WHITTLE AWAY
If a figure is attacked by more than one Reaper Kobold, it rolls one less die for each attack made upon it.

I know the wording is messy, but I'm pretty sure all know what I mean and it can easily be fixed. A lot like Mob Attack, just potentially better due to Warriors Devotion.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:36 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm... I suppose I am willing to try Whittle Away, despite my earlier comments.
Old January 17th, 2014, 03:33 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whittle Away is a strange power.

When only attacking with 3 kobolds, it is really worse than Mob Attack. (Only the last one get to attack on -2 def, and only if the three of them attacked the same opponent.)

If you attack with 4 or more kobolds, the def reduction become better than mob attack. With an opponent figure totally surrounded, you can go as far as -5 def (well, -8 with 9 kobolds attacking a double base figure). -5 def is nearly forbiding the opponent to roll defense to all figure but the most enduring. It can be really powerfull against heroes. But at the same time, it is hard to use, because it is rare when you can totally surround an opponent. And thoses little guys don't have disengage.

While potentially stronger than Mob Attack, I think it will be hard to use it this way. I think most of the time, it will prove inferior (in term of power output) to Mob attack.

I propose the following for the third power :

Coordined Attack (or a better name, of course)
Any kobolds may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one attack. All kobolds in the attack must be engaged to the targeted figure. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Kobolds to determine any height advantage.

It is like the yari SA, with some differences :

- It is not a special attack, so height advantage is taken accounf of (maybe it can become a SA if it is too powerfull)
- It is very more modular : If I can activate 5 kobolds, I can have 3 of them combine their attack on a target, on the 2 others combine their attacks on another target.

In fact, it is a little like defense reduction : you still roll as many dice as if you attacked with every kobolds separatly, but the opponent roll less defense dice, because he roll them only once.

Also, it helps differentiate them from the gobelin.
Old January 17th, 2014, 04:13 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess I'll be the outlier.

I liked the idea of them having a defensive power against range attacks based on what tiny targets they are. It'd be nice if they could end up being a decent alternative against range just through having some survivability and being cheap. While not shiny and amazing, cheap but useful squads are good stuff.
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:16 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Lyrgard, I like your power too. I think it would need to a special attack, though.
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Coordined Attack (or a better name, of course)
Any kobolds may combine their attacks and roll their attack dice as one attack. All kobolds in the attack must be engaged to the targeted figure. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Kobolds to determine any height advantage.
This is a problematic power. As a general rule, you can add or subtract dice from normal attacks, but you can't mess with them farther because other powers and effects rely on them working a certain way. One problem off the top of my head is Counter Strike: who would take the counterstrike damage?

Any combined attack would have to be a special attack.
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think my preference is to also just go with Mob Attack.

Other than that, I like your direction Lyrgard, but I don't think that mechanic can be used for a normal attack, it just gets way too messy with certain powers. How does it work against Counter Strike like powers for one?

An alternative to your power could be:

COORDINATED ASSAULT
Instead of attacking normally with all [Reaper Kobolds] you control, you may choose 1 [Reaper Kobold] you control to attack. If you do, that [Reaper Kobold] rolls 2 additional attack dice for each other [Reaper Kobold] you control engaged to the defending figure.

It's a similar affect but it limits it to only one attacker so that it doesn't get messy with certain defensive powers.

Alternatively, you could do that with a 20-sided die:

COORDINATED ASSAULT
Instead of attacking with all [Reaper Kobolds] you control, you may choose an opponent's figure engaged with at least 1 [Reaper Kobold] you control. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 2 to your roll for each [Reaper Kobold] you control adjacent to the chosen figure. If you roll a 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 17th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think a semi-Zombie/Yari attack could work. Rough wording but:

JAB JAB JAB SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Instead of attacking with all Reaper Kobolds you control, if at least two Reaper Kobolds are engaged with one figure, you may combine their attacks into one single Jab Jab Jab special attack. Roll 1 additional attack die for each Kobold engaged with the defending figure.

I feel like that'd a bit too complex to be worth it, though. And it's possible that "combining attacks" has a specific meaning of exact number combining...

I'm still on Mob Attack personally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards