Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 15th, 2020, 02:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Design

I don’t mind MJ solo, but he cannot be 70-90 points. Wayyyy to strong. Even if you have to boost his stats to compensate, 70-90 is just too cheap.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 15th, 2020, 02:37 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I am very, very much against requiring him to attack the figure. It's completely unnecessary mechanically and in fact makes his primary ability less likely to activate.
Old May 15th, 2020, 03:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I am very, very much against requiring him to attack the figure. It's completely unnecessary mechanically and in fact makes his primary ability less likely to activate.
Then we shouldn't try to make him a cheaper single-power figure.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2020, 04:33 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Maybe not cheaper, you guys are right, but I think there's still merit to making him single power.

We can keep discussing the current two powers.
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:00 PM

What was the main objection to using a renamed/renamed and slightly changed Enslave? The lack of interaction between his powers?
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:18 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are we still taking free style stabs at this guy's powers or do we have it narrowed down?
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
What was the main objection to using a renamed/renamed and slightly changed Enslave? The lack of interaction between his powers?
I'm concerned about the lack of interaction between his powers since that was one of the most fun parts of playing him. We have a couple of ways to address that, but it seems like everyone has different problems with the various proposals.

For example:
You don't want his mind control tied to attacks.
NecroBlade wants skulls rolled to boost the D20.
I want there to be some interaction between the powers.
capsocrates doesn't want Overclock to be a D20 boost.
...and so on.

The problem is that Overclock has to be redesigned if we want the powers to interact and for Mind Jack to not be tied to attacks. The main premise of Tetsuo coming out of Design was that he attacks units to achieve his Mind Jack, so removing that necessitates that his secondary power also be redesigned to keep the design interesting.

I'm perfectly happy to keep exploring Overclock redesigns, but I find it difficult to imagine one that is satisfying and simple without outright boosting the D20 for Mind Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Are we still taking free style stabs at this guy's powers or do we have it narrowed down?
We have our direction narrowed down here. The question is mostly how we want to fix the above issues in a way that the pod can live with.
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:37 PM

I would be okay with tying MJ to an attack in some way (a bonus for skulls, etc) - I don’t like requiring his only MJ target to be the figure he attacked.
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

@NecroBlade , can you update the OP with links to the playtests that we have so far? It would make discussing the results much easier.

For your convenience:

Playtesting:
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
Test 5
Test 6
Test 7
Test 8
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I would be okay with tying MJ to an attack in some way (a bonus for skulls, etc) - I don’t like requiring his only MJ target to be the figure he attacked.
This leads to the same reasons that we returned to Design in the first place. Tetsuo is most likely to Mind Jack targets that he deals damage to, and sometimes he's going to kill them outright.
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:50 PM

I mean, adding a bonus to the MJ roll based on how many skulls he rolls at all, not just attacking his MJ target. Though I think people had problems with that too.
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I mean, adding a bonus to the MJ roll based on how many skulls he rolls at all, not just attacking his MJ target. Though I think people had problems with that too.
Ah, I see. I also remember people having problems with him getting a boosted Mind Jack for attacking a different figure.

I'm more okay with +1 to the D20 for each skull rolled if it's not tied to the same figure, but it makes for a weaker theme and is still more complex for something that should be relatively simple (at least, as far as mind control goes).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs