Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Agent Layne 9/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Needless to say, she screams out, "AGENT!"
That would be really creepy. You're just playing a game of Heroscape and all of a sudden, Sharon's like "AGENT!!"
You could really freak out your friends.
Quote:
I am eager to test to see how Incognito works. I always thought it would be cool to have a figure who could use the aura given by an opponent's Raelin or Taelord or [fill in the blank] against them. I am not sure of any weird interactions this may cause yet. If you can think of any let me know.
It's a cool idea. Weird wording though. Firstly, why "any 1 Army Card"? Does she have to choose just one? I don't think that's what you mean. How about "Agent Lane is considered a friendly figure for the purpose of any aura or enhancement." That does 2 things: It clears up the idea that it can work with any aura or enhancement, BUT it makes it so it only applies to abilities that affect "friendly figures." She can't be considered, say, an elf. You might not like that, but I have to say I think she's very underpriced if she benefits from every aura or enhancement in the game. Just food for thought.
Quote:
As far as Espionage, it just seemed thematic. The wording seems clunky to me although the ability itself seems pretty straight forward. Any thoughts on how I could word it better?
I love the idea, and I've played around with it myself. As I'm sure you realized, in a multi-player game, Sharon's controller is the only one who should get to look, so for that reason, I guess your wording is the best you can probably do. Otherwise, you could go with something like "the controller of each army card within 2 clear sight spaces of Agent Lane must reveal..." I guess you'll figure out what works best.
Quote:
I really had to work hard to get the wording for Double Attack just right.
This is an amazing ability. Two attacks. Genius. You amaze me.

~Spite
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Agent Layne 9/8

Thanks for the input, spite.

I like your rewording for Incognito.
My thoughts for it were that she is a Master of Disguise. Hence, she can disguise herself to "fool" the aura or enhancement giver that she "fits in" with whomever is supposed to receive the boost or bonus (too many episodes of Alias I guess).

I was hoping the wording for Espionage was clear enough to gather that, yes, only the player controlling Agent Layne may see the opponent's OMs as that was my intent with the ability. Mpst of my gaming group has gone off to college but once I can round someone up to play I will hand them Layne's card and see how they play her without any instruction from me. That method usually tells me how much I need to work on the ability text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
I really had to work hard to get the wording for Double Attack just right.
This is an amazing ability. Two attacks. Genius. You amaze me.

~Spite
LOL!

Thanks again.

I have a couple of Aquilla kyrie coming down the pipeline soon. One of them is the Raptor hero and the other is a female kyrie. Maybe Monday or Tuesday I will have them ready for posting.
Old September 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Aquilla Kyrie Heroes 9/12

For now I am putting Agent Layne back on the worktable until her powers can be worked out.

I have a couple more heroclix figs here... another Hawkman sculpt and Dawnstar. Neither of them are "generic" figs but most in my group won't know Dawnstar and Hawkman, while recognizable, is still just too perfect for Aquilla to pass up.

This aren't terribly exciting figs as they are "utility" figs. They aren't real innovative but they do bring some boosts that should be beneficial to Aquilla troops.

Ayrgad the Kyrie Warrior
Originally he had an ability that allowed him to take wounds for Aquilla figures but as I got to looking at Aquilla figs to see what would be really useful I saw the large amount of Aquilla figs that use the d20. So, I thought his FATE AURA ability would be more useful.

Ayrgad quickly rose through the ranks of the elite Raptors of Aquilla. As a brilliant tactician and strategist, Aquilla determined one area he could be most useful in was in training her troops- both indigenous and summoned. Ayrgad seemed to blessed with an innate sense of how the various styles and skills of all of Aquilla's troops worked. As such, he is able, by spending only a little time with them, to help them develop and refine their own abilities to a much more proficient level. Whether as a warrior or as a trainer, Aquilla has many times counted her blessings in having Ayrgad on her side in her fight against the forces of Utgar and now Valkrill.

Selynna the Kyrie Warrior
Again looking at the Aquilla units, I saw that almost all of the official units are non-ranged. I thought that some sort of movement boost would be useful to the majority of Aquilla's troops. It is limited to those with a Range of 1 and only if they can attack at the end of their turn. She has identical stats to Raelin @ 80 points with a less effective aura boost so I figured 60 points is a good starting place for her.

The diamond in her coronet began to glow with an irridescent light. Given to her by Aquilla herself, Selynna's coronet contains the Diamond of Lidora. When dire circumstances arise, the diamond begins to pulse and infuses those whom the bearer trusts with a reinvigorated sense of purpose. Pushing forward, beyond their normal limits, those close to Selynna are able to move faster and attack more readily making her a precious ally on the field of battle.

Any thoughts on these two?

Last edited by Lamaclown; September 12th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very cool L.C. if I get a hold of some of these figs I will definatley use these.
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Good additions to Aquilla's army, Lama.

On Selynna's Attack Movement Aura, I think you should word it like the Kozuke Samurai's Charging Assault. Something like: "may add 1 to its Move for this turn if it can end its movement adjacent to an opponent's figure."

The reason is that the way you have it worded now, the figure can't use the aura if it stands a chance of destroying the opponent figure with its attack. It would not be ending its turn adjacent to the figure, so it shouldn't have had the movement bonus. You don't want that weird problem.

Ayrgad is a cool figure with a funny name that sounds like the name of a shoe (there is nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just tired). I think he should be balanced. Strong hero, but only one attack of his own, and a good booster. Great stuff, man.

~Spite
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Good additions to Aquilla's army, Lama.

On Selynna's Attack Movement Aura, I think you should word it like the Kozuke Samurai's Charging Assault. Something like: "may add 1 to its Move for this turn if it can end its movement adjacent to an opponent's figure."

The reason is that the way you have it worded now, the figure can't use the aura if it stands a chance of destroying the opponent figure with its attack. It would not be ending its turn adjacent to the figure, so it shouldn't have had the movement bonus. You don't want that weird problem.
Great point. I thought about the Kozuke right before I posted this but didn't think it be too much of a big deal. But, you are absolutely right. The designers didn" word it like that for no reason. Thanks!

Ayrgad is a cool figure with a funny name that sounds like the name of a shoe (there is nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just tired). I think he should be balanced. Strong hero, but only one attack of his own, and a good booster. Great stuff, man.

~Spite[/quote]
Thanks again for the input and encouragement, spite and jcmcminis
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Valkrill Kyrie Squad 9/14

Made the wording changes to Selynna...

and added the Harbingers of Valkrill. It was just too obvious where these guys belonged.
They originally had an attack of 3 but with Rotting Touch that just seemed too high. These guys, with 4 defense, should have decent longevity and should be able to deal with squads.

I was trying to create an anti-squad squad. Did I get it or did I over do it?
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I have to say, I really like what you have done with the Vydar Kyrie, I have always thought that figure would be a great Vydar Kyrie and have a design for it as an Uncommon Hero. Maybe I'll post it one of these days.

For Rotting Touch could you not just say: "the defending figure may not roll more defense dice than skulls rolled by for this attack"?
Old September 14th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nice work on the Kyrie, LC! What figures did you use for the Harbingers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
"the defending figure may not roll more defense dice than skulls rolled by for this attack"?
I like tcglkn's edit, except that "by" (or "for") probably needs to go.

I gotta say, LC, I don't know why you want me to be in so much trouble. I just spent more than I should have to get all the Heroes of Fiction figures and now I've got to buy a bunch of Heroclix!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I have to say, I really like what you have done with the Vydar Kyrie, I have always thought that figure would be a great Vydar Kyrie and have a design for it as an Uncommon Hero. Maybe I'll post it one of these days.

For Rotting Touch could you not just say: "the defending figure may not roll more defense dice than skulls rolled by for this attack"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Nice work on the Kyrie, LC! What figures did you use for the Harbingers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
"the defending figure may not roll more defense dice than skulls rolled by for this attack"?
I like tcglkn's edit, except that "by" (or "for") probably needs to go.

I gotta say, LC, I don't know why you want me to be in so much trouble. I just spent more than I should have to get all the Heroes of Fiction figures and now I've got to buy a bunch of Heroclix!
Thanks for the input guys.

@ tcglkn: For the wording change- are you serious? You want me to change what I have written so that it will be simpler and more concise? What is the world coming to when long and convoluted were the "in" thing?

I'll make the change first chance I get. Thanks.

@ mac: If you already spent more than you should have, you don't want to know about the Harbingers. Two squads will probably run you no less than $20. I collected mine here and there so it wasn't as bad as a lump sum.

The figure used is the Rot Harbinger 41 from the D&D Lords of Madness set.

Also, I just noticed a discrepancy. They should probably be Medium 6 instead of 5. I'll have to check now when I get home this evening tomorrow night (I have a long meeting right after work tonight).
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Heya Lama, my first time dropping by your thread. Wowzers, so much juicy stuff here!

Tenzen caught my eye. What a great idea, to make a general-like figure for the Ninjas. They sure need it. I was kinda curious about his stats/price compared to Kato. They have the same life, move, and defense. But Tenzen will inflict more damage on average (thanks to Weapons Expert); he has Phantom Walk in addition; and he costs 70 points less. My first response was to think he was severely underpriced. But now that I think about it, I wonder if it's the opposite: Kato is just severely overpriced. Anyway, just curious if you'd been tempted to raise the price on Tenzen at all.
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Heya Lama, my first time dropping by your thread. Wowzers, so much juicy stuff here!
Thanks, I am glad you liked some of my stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Tenzen caught my eye. What a great idea, to make a general-like figure for the Ninjas. They sure need it. I was kinda curious about his stats/price compared to Kato. They have the same life, move, and defense. But Tenzen will inflict more damage on average (thanks to Weapons Expert); he has Phantom Walk in addition; and he costs 70 points less. My first response was to think he was severely underpriced. But now that I think about it, I wonder if it's the opposite: Kato is just severely overpriced. Anyway, just curious if you'd been tempted to raise the price on Tenzen at all.
I will definitely take another look at Tenzen's cost.

My original reasoning on his cost was that, yes, many people do consider Kato as overly expensive. Honestly, I don't have him so I have never played him, hence I have no personal experience with him.

The main reason was that with Kato, you have the possibility of mobilizing up to 8 figures on one OM and with Tenzen, the most you can hope for is 3. That was the main reason for the cost difference.

However, as you pointed out, Tenzen has some other things going for him that Kato doesn't. Like I said, I will definitely take another look at Tenzen's cost.

Thanks again, Typhon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards