Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 17th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Thanks for sharing another excellent custom, Ixe. I'm not especially happy with some of the wording choices in Shield of the Lost Souls, but I suspect the problem language came from the Tagawa Samurai, as you say. I'll take a look later. Off the top of my head, I like "Aegis of Lost Souls," instead of "Shield," because "aegis" is used more often in the figurative sense. Only one of the minis appears to be holding an actual shield.

If you don't mind, could you copy & paste in the text, so I'm not working with an image? I'll study this in more detail later.

Thanks.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 17th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

NAME = Knights of Lost Souls
RACE = Undead
CLASS = Knights
PERSONALITY = Merciless
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 135

SHIELD OF LOST SOULS
For every opponent's figure a Knight of Lost Souls destroys, place a Soul Marker on this card. When defending with the Knights, roll an additional defense die for each Soul Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Soul Markers can be placed on this card.

DARK RESURRECTION

After revealing an order marker on Knights of Lost Souls, after taking a turn with the Knights, you may remove 2 Soul Markers from this army card and place a previously destroyed Knight of Lost Souls on a same-level space adjacent to a Knight of Lost Souls you control.

I've actually gone ahead and dropped a redundant clause from the second power so it's a little different from what is shown on the card. I appreciate you looking it over.
Old July 17th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
NAME = Knights of Lost Souls
RACE = Undead
CLASS = Knights
PERSONALITY = Merciless
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 135

AEGIS OF LOST SOULS
For every opponent's figure a Knight of Lost Souls destroys, place a Soul Marker on this card. When defending with Knights of Lost Souls, roll an additional defense die for each Soul Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Soul Markers can be placed on this card.

DARK RESURRECTION

After revealing an order marker and taking a turn with Knights of Lost Souls, after taking a turn with the Knights, you may remove 2 Soul Markers from this army card and place a previously destroyed Knight of Lost Souls on a same-level space adjacent to a Knight of Lost Souls you control.
Ok, Ixe. I made a few changes. I am *not* happy with the Shield (Aegis) of Lost Souls language overall, but it's all imported directly from the Tagawa Samurai, so for the most part I left it. I also tweaked the language where italicized to make it even more in conformance with that precedent. This is an example of a situation in which I approach a unit differently because it is being prepared for the SoV, which I noticed elsewhere. So I am trying to prepare it for that process, rather than making the writing as elegant and neat as possible.

As I wrote in my previous post, I prefer "aegis" to "shield," because most of these minis appear not to be carrying actual shields. And the word "aegis" can mean both a literal and figurative shield. So, that's something to consider.

I made a slight change to the second power as well, as you can see.

Thanks for sharing!

= =
Old July 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a little on the fence with Aegis, but it is something to consider. The Shield aspect of the power is obviously not literal but speaking more figuratively about the protection or magical shielding that is provided by the souls of those they kill.

Thanks for cleaning up the language of the second power. I'll be sure to make that change at the very least. +rep if I could, but I need to do more spreading.
Old July 17th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm glad I could help. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the SoV. Comparisons with the Ebon Armor will be inevitable, but they are different both mechanically and thematically.

= =
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:55 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Did I ever get around to putting text in for those Warcraft customs I submitted? Sorry if not.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:31 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Did I ever get around to putting text in for those Warcraft customs I submitted? Sorry if not.
Oops, I forgot about them. I'll get back to them sooner or later. That was a lot to give me at once, but I didn't intend to ignore them. If you can give me a text version for the one you want me to hit first, that would help.

= =
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Oops, I forgot about them. I'll get back to them sooner or later. That was a lot to give me at once, but I didn't intend to ignore them. If you can give me a text version for the one you want me to hit first, that would help.
I didn't think you were ignoring them, I just figured they were on hold since the SOV bound customs were the priority.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:27 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Here's a unit I've been designing, it would be awesome if you could take a look.

NAME = URK
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = GOBLIN
PLANET = TORIL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = BOLD
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL/3

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

MOB SWARM
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Urk, you may move all Small Goblin figures you control up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by Mob Swarm never take any leaving engagement attacks. Urk cannot be moved by Mob Swarm.

ANKLESLICER
When attacking a medium, large or huge figure, Urk always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

SCALE
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Urk may add 2 to his height.

The miniature I used is the Acheron Goblin, a decent sculpt and highly available.
Old August 25th, 2014, 06:43 PM
the above

Right, time to get around to doing as asked lol.

Here is one of my Warcraft customs I think could do with some touch up the most.
Spoiler Alert!

Kael'Thas
SUMMON PHOENIX
After taking a turn with Kael'Thas you may attempt to summon a Phoenix, if it is in your army and it has not yet been successfully summoned. Roll the 20- sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, you must place a Phoenix within six clear sight spaces of Kael'thas. Any phoenix that you cannot placeo nthe battlefield is immediately destroyed and cannot be summoned again. When a Phoenix is summoned you may immediately take a turn with it.

(the bolded part of the power and the one below is incorrect on the card and I noticed it as I was typing this out)

FLAME STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to be attacked. Choose three figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Flame Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all figures. Figures roll defense dice seperately. Figures with the Lava Resistant Special Power are not affectted by Flame Strike Special Attack.

LAVA RESISTANT
Kael'thas never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and he does not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

NS, that unit has been here for weeks! I'm sorry, I just totally missed it! I'll do it tonight. William's, too.

Please, people, poke me if something is sitting.

= =
Old August 25th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

As promised. Better late than never!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
NAME = URK
GENERAL = UTGAR
SPECIES = GOBLIN
PLANET = TORIL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = BOLD
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL/3

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

MOB SWARM
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, before taking a turn with Urk, you may move all Small Goblin figures you control up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by Mob Swarm never take any leaving engagement attacks. Urk cannot be moved by Mob Swarm.

ANKLESLICER
When attacking a medium, large or huge figure, Urk always adds 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

SCALE
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Urk may add 2 to his height.
This is all pretty straightforward. The only edit I have is to separate "ankleslicer" into two words. I understand why, stylistically, you might want to combine them into one, but it doesn't look right on the printed page that way. People will want to separate it into two words when they write it, too: "Ankle Slicer."

Mob Swarm looks like it's made out of parts of other powers, so I'm leaving it alone. It's a little wordy but it does the job.

I can see how this figure might make the goblins a bit more competitive in a figure-limit army. I like it, @Ninja Status , thanks for sharing!

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards