Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 21st, 2022, 12:00 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Admiral EJ-1M

The Book of Admiral EJ-1M
Age of Annihilation

Made by @Anitar

Character Bio: Not to be outdone in a challenge of skill or wit Admiral EJ-1M be the most shipshape captain amongst the Dawn Raider Syndicate he be. Savvy as a sea snake and the reflexes to arm wrestle an octopus, no surprise he finds himself the head privateer amongst Vydar’s selected when weighing anchor and hoisting the Mizzen! Deem scurvy dogs may find themselves feedin’ the fishes when the Admiral opens up like a full broadside with his near arsenal of firearms! Nothin’ and I mean nothin’ escapes Admiral Ej-1M’s view, like your best mate atop the crow’s nest, he sees it all and makes damn well sure those dead men tell no tales.

Quote:
ADMIRAL EJ-1M
Vydar / Alpha Prime** / Soulborg / Unique Hero / Admiral / Menacing / Large 8
Life 3 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 4 / Defense 6 / Points 170

ADMIRAL'S ORDERS
After rolling for initiative, you may move any Order Markers from this card onto any of your Pirate or Captain Army Cards.

BOARDING PARTY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2+ Special.
You may attack up to 4 times with Boarding Party Special Attack. Roll one additional attack die when attacking a figure engaged with a Pirate or Captain you control. After each attack, if that was the first time you attacked the defending figure this turn, you may move one Pirate or Captain figure you control up to 4 spaces. You may not move the same figure more than once in a turn using Boarding Party Special Attack

**Presumed Planet
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
Beorn Boltcutter: Upgrade: Friendly Unique Soulborg Hero. (VC: C3V)

Blastatrons: Homing Device: Soulborg who follows Vydar. (Classic)

Executioner 616: Remote Detionation: Soulborg you control. (VC: SoV)

Hellforge Mandukor: Feed the Forge 15: An Eisenik, Soulborg or destructible object destroyed adjacent to the Hellforge. (AoA)

Hoplitron: Melee Soulborg Bonding: Soulborg Hero you control with a range of 1. (VC: SoV)

Synergy Benefits Offered
Admiral EJ-1M: Admiral's Orders: Pirate and Captain Army Cards.
  • Cornelius Breech the Blackguard Prince (AoA)
  • Crimson Widow (AoA)
    • Any Unique Squad chosen for the Crimson Widow's Hire Crew power.
  • Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler (AoA)
  • Dreadnaughts of New Tortuga (AoA)
  • Exiles of the Sundered Sea (AoA)
  • Fia Bonny the Void Siren (AoA)
  • First Officer Bok-Bur-Na (AoA)
  • Killian Vane III (AoA)
  • Knaves of the Silver Scimitar (AoA)
Admiral EJ-1M: Boarding Party Special Attack: Pirate and Captain Figures.
  • Cornelius Breech the Blackguard Prince (AoA)
  • Crimson Widow (AoA)
    • Any Unique Squad chosen for the Crimson Widow's Hire Crew power.
  • Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler (AoA)
  • Dreadnaughts of New Tortuga (AoA)
  • Exiles of the Sundered Sea (AoA)
  • Fia Bonny the Void Siren (AoA)
  • First Officer Bok-Bur-Na (AoA)
  • Killian Vane III (AoA)
  • Knaves of the Silver Scimitar (AoA)

Immunities
As a Soulborg, Admiral EJ-1M is immune to these figure's powers:As a Large figure, Admiral EJ-1M is immune to these figure's powers:
  • Long list, I'll get to it.

Vulnerabilities
As a Soulborg, Admiral EJ-1M is vulnerable to these figure's powers:As a large figure, Admiral EJ-1M is vulnerable to these figure's powers:

*NOTE: Age of Annihilation card shows the incorrect points value for Admiral EJ-1M. The correct value is 170.

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 23rd, 2022 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Links to Cornelius Breech
Old November 21st, 2022, 12:11 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Admiral EJ-1M

As a Vydar Soulborg, he powers up Blastatrons.
As a Soulborg, he boosts Hellforge's Feed the Forge roll... among many other things, of which I'm not sure how many to include.
Old November 21st, 2022, 12:28 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was editing those in as you were posting. Although I did miss the Hellforge, thanks!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 21st, 2022, 02:16 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I never noticed until right now that he is not a medium figure...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:23 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Me either. I wonder if we would have noticed it if it had "LARGE" on the card, rather than just an "L".

(Sort of joking, sort of not.)
Old November 21st, 2022, 11:32 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Me either. I wonder if we would have noticed it if it had "LARGE" on the card, rather than just an "L".

(Sort of joking, sort of not.)
Yeah, but you have to understand, the changes are better for *new players.*

Last edited by OEAO; November 21st, 2022 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Most memeable campaign of all time…
Old November 21st, 2022, 12:35 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

You would think I would have noticed how much bigger he is than the other pirates in the faction picture.

--
--
--

--
Old November 21st, 2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
You would think I would have noticed how much bigger he is than the other pirates in the faction picture.
That's when I noticed it. I completely skipped over the L8 too.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:57 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for making this, @Vydar_XLIII !

On November 9th, I got to play this character with the Crimson Widow, the Knaves, and the Tagawa Samurai as Hired Crew. You got to hand it to @Dad_Scaper because Admiral's Orders is insane. Effectively, you and your opponent are following the most standard rule of Master Game play, and then right as you roll for initiative, you then can decide to change things up off of his card and place it anywhere else on your army.

That mechanic is terrifying if played right because now your opponent doesn't get to plan before the turn orders activate. You can switch it up with this extra step, and that ability terrified my friend, who allowed me to proxy these characters in the two games.

The "menacing" personality was so compelling my friend turned his entire army towards charging the Admiral down, and that's where I messed up because he got surrounded quickly. Like a good old classic Deathwalker 9k whiff, that six-defense was doing nothing for me. Admiral was down by the third round.

So my initial discoveries are that you have to keep him well protected for his powers to work, and if you do, they change the gameplay significantly. Having a chance to move samurai into early engagement with four shots since they become Pirates at the start of the game is a fun experience. Since I was also playing the Knaves, I realized they work better on their OM activations instead of being moved into engagement ahead of time. I haven't got a chance yet to try it out with the other crews, but in theory, I'd imagine the Dreadnauts are better at getting that proximity bonus for you with their two lives.

It's a learning process for me since I haven't had a chance to play Heroscape consistently until this year, but I had a ton of fun fielding this character and am eager to try as many combos as possible to find the perfect crew.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 5th, 2022, 01:25 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I just started an AOA FAQ thread. My first question is whether Admiral EJ-1M is a "Captain" for purposes of the two pirate squads that have The Captain's Way and Captains Orders powers. Also for First Officer Bor-Burq-Na's Intimidate and Cornelius Breach's Mutiny. I would tend to say yes, although game wise technically the answer is no.
Old December 5th, 2022, 01:28 PM

I think you're right on both counts. Mechanically, the Admiral is NOT a Captain. But that does feel a bit weird thematically.

For the FAQ, it's a No.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old December 5th, 2022, 03:52 PM

In terms of game mechanics, EJ-1M is not a Captain.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units